• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Kind of Cheese?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Pretty self explanatory, if you consume dairy, what's your favorite kinds of cheese? Are there any brands you prefer in terms of how they do things, local, or taste?

For me, I love pepper jack cheese. It's got that pepper spice that's just delightful when melted in a grilled cheese sandwich. For normal consumption, I love sharp cheddar, and string cheese is always a classic. Mozzarella is also amazing.

For brands, I try to go local whenever I can, because we essentially baby dairy cows in my neck of the woods, and plus it just tastes better. :D

But, if I can't, Tillamook is an old favorite. Expensive though.

The only kind I don't like is American cheese. Don't know why, but it just tastes bland to me.

1651697563808.png

Cheese for everyone! A policy I can get behind! :D

Last edited:
I just love cheese in general, but I seem to prefer white cheeses as additions to foods more often than yellow cheeses. I think mozzarella is currently my favorite. Its a soft and highly adaptable(tm) cheese to whatever I want to put it on.

My cheese rules for sandwiches are more inconsistent though. I go through phases. For awhile I was mixing things up and having some colby or Muenster cheeses, but now I'm back to Swiss. Melting the cheese adds a completely new factor to the game, and some cheeses taste better hot too. Swiss is good sandwich cheese for being melted. :goron:

And, colby jack and its purebred cousin Monterey jack are my favorites to just slice and have on crackers though.

So basically, I just like cheese.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I just love cheese in general, but I seem to prefer white cheeses as additions to foods more often than yellow cheeses. I think mozzarella is currently my favorite. Its a soft and highly adaptable(tm) cheese to whatever I want to put it on.

My cheese rules for sandwiches are more inconsistent though. I go through phases. For awhile I was mixing things up and having some colby or Muenster cheeses, but now I'm back to Swiss. Melting the cheese adds a completely new factor to the game, and some cheeses taste better hot too. Swiss is good sandwich cheese for being melted. :goron:

And, colby jack and its purebred cousin Monterey jack are my favorites to just slice and have on crackers though.

So basically, I just like cheese.
Mozzarella is a great cheese. Good on pizza, good in pasta, good on its own, amazing melted.

A top tier cheese if there ever was one.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
stranger cheese

I have no idea what it was but once I bought cheese from this weird guy in a bazaar and it was the best cheese I ever had in my life
it had so many spices and the texture was so GOOD
man I'd kill to buy more of that stuff

but all cheeses are great
I personally love buffalo mozzarella and normal mozzarella
Queijo-coalho (a brazilian cheese we usually grill at BBQs) is also amazing and I can eat an entire box of it

not so favorite cheeses are stuff like blue cheese and gorgonzola but they kinda grew a bit on me
and those big cheese that come in solid wheels that are kinda powdery and salty and either tasteless or too salty
would still devour them though

I can't even remember the last meal I had that didn't involve cheese, lol. If I had to pick a favorite, I think I'll go with Colby Jack; it's easy to come by, you can put it on everything, and it's good to eat on it's own. There are a lot of other cheeses that fill these boxes, but CJ is my usual choice.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My favourite is Swiss cheese, but mozzarella is always really good. I also enjoy aged cheddar, jalapeño jack, provolone, tex mex (which ik is a blend and not an actual kind of cheese), all the classics, though not a big fan of blue or cottage cheese, and I hate cream cheese.

Also, @Azure Sage is legally obligated to respond to this thread.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I like the cooking cheeses such as paneer, halloumi and manouri cheese.

For eating cold cheese from the block it's got to be vintage cheddar. I don't think cheddar develops a good flavour until around 12 months and don't understand the appeal of bog standard mild cheese. The best one is Godminster vintage cheddar, nothing beats it.

Smoked cheese is acceptable.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Gouda is so good-a. And a nice sharp cheddar is great. Mozzarella is a classic and always goes well on pizza and the like. Love a good but cheap nacho cheese. Like the kind at Taco Bell. Cream cheese is amazing in desserts, but I hate it in savory foods. Gotta give a shout out to Bel Cheese brand, the company that makes Babybel, since for the longest time their only American plant was in Kentucky. And I believe there are only one or two other plants in the US besides that one still now.

Not a fan of Swiss cheese. It's so bland and plasticy to me. Also don't like some Parmesan because it kinda smells/tastes vomity to me. Also don't like cottage cheese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom