• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Gamecube Game

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
Well I just got the November edition of Nintendo Power today and realized it's been 10 years since the release of the Gamecube. So I ask you all this: What is your all-time favorite Gamecube game?

I would have to go with either Animal Crossing or Super Smash Bros. Melee. Both of these games are what made me get into gaming in general and they both hold up well compared to their sequels. However, I also have a soft spot for Chibi-Robo and Sonic Adventure DX, because they probably spent the most time in my gamecube. Simpsons Hit & Run would have to be up there too, but that came out for PS2 as well so it doesn't really count.

Your preferences?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think one of the best GC games of all time is Resident Evil 4. If not RE4, then the obvious choices of Zelda:Collector's Edition and Super Smash Bros Melee. Resident Evil Zero as well as Soul Calibur 2 are some games I'll never relinquish should I have the choice in the matter.

MW7

If not RE4, then the obvious choices of Zelda:Collector's Edition and Super Smash Bros Melee.

I didn't think about the Collector's Edition, but 4 of the first 5 console Zeldas is tough to top.

Anyways, I'd say the best Gamecube game was Wind Waker. However, I'd like to point out that Super Mario Sunshine is grossly underrated.

IMO, The GsmeCube had one of the best game library ever. My favourites:
Metroid Prime, Zelda: Wind Waker ( I don really count CE as one, seeing as its not an original, but sure that too), Splinter Cell, and Pikmin 1 and 2.

My top few are all Zelda titles. I'd pick Metroid prime except I only played the wii rerelease. Favorite besides Zelda games is probably smash bros melee. Also loved Eternal Darkness and RE4.

My favorite is Metroid Prime because it was the first Metroid game that got me into the series and other things as well. It wasn't my first Metroid game but Metroid Prime should be played by everyone.

Conor

the over analysing guy
It's literally agonizing for me to pick just one.
Paper mario and the thousand year door-one of the if not the first game I spent hours on, unlocking and collecting everything
Super mario sunshine-to this day I still haven't completed this game, the visuals are gorgeous as are the areas in this game
Metroid Prime 2-again, I haven't completed this game, but I still love it, I have OCD for scanning everything in sight, and I find all of the lore fascinating, the gameplay is fun and the bosses are really creative, you really have to think outside the box to damage them.
Timesplitters 2 - A classic, no other word for it, my favourite FPS bar none, the multiplayer is amazing in every sense of the world, and the campaign is fun, single and 2 player, I'd recommend this for any FPS fan.
Pikmin 2 - another OCD-fuelling game, the gameplay is fun, and the piklopedia is interesting to slowly fill out (in my opinion) and the multiplayer challenges and vs. mode are a lot of fun if you have a friend to play with.
Warioware inc. mega party games - get 3 friends and play the multiplayer mode with this game. It's perhaps one of the greatest multiplayer experiences I can think of.
Super Smash bros. Melee - Do I really need to comment on the timeless greatness of this masterpiece? also, OCD-fuelling with the trophy collecting, spent many hours on this.
I have many more to blab about, but I should reeeaaaaallly get this essay done, maybe another time :P

Zen

Guardian of Courage
It's literally agonizing for me to pick just one.
Paper mario and the thousand year door-one of the if not the first game I spent hours on, unlocking and collecting everything
Super mario sunshine-to this day I still haven't completed this game, the visuals are gorgeous as are the areas in this game
Metroid Prime 2-again, I haven't completed this game, but I still love it, I have OCD for scanning everything in sight, and I find all of the lore fascinating, the gameplay is fun and the bosses are really creative, you really have to think outside the box to damage them.
Timesplitters 2 - A classic, no other word for it, my favourite FPS bar none, the multiplayer is amazing in every sense of the world, and the campaign is fun, single and 2 player, I'd recommend this for any FPS fan.
Pikmin 2 - another OCD-fuelling game, the gameplay is fun, and the piklopedia is interesting to slowly fill out (in my opinion) and the multiplayer challenges and vs. mode are a lot of fun if you have a friend to play with.
Warioware inc. mega party games - get 3 friends and play the multiplayer mode with this game. It's perhaps one of the greatest multiplayer experiences I can think of.
Super Smash bros. Melee - Do I really need to comment on the timeless greatness of this masterpiece? also, OCD-fuelling with the trophy collecting, spent many hours on this.
I have many more to blab about, but I should reeeaaaaallly get this essay done, maybe another time :P

I agree with all of this. I really can't choose ONE game and name it the greatest.

For me, I'd have to split it up into different categories. For example, the most fun multiplayer game would probably be SSBM - That is, before I got bored of it.

Chibi-robo also provided me with an interesting story...something most games don't regularily do. I give kudos to that game for giving me an awesome time cleaning a house. Never looked at it the same way again.

Starfox: Assualt was beautifully made in terms of it's gameplay. Multiplayer was fantastic. Storyline was epic. Can't say much more.

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 got my heart racing. Talk about intense. I couldn't go into any room without feeling my muscles tense and expect an ambush from a space pirate or other creature.

and of course, Legend of Zelda. Both Twilight Princess and Wind Waker were beautiful. you guys probably understand why.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Wind Waker, Pikmin, Super Mario Sunshine, and Metroid Prime. I haven't played Prime 2, but I think it'll be really good! Mario Kart: Double Dash! is another great game as well but I personally like MK Wii better.

Wind Waker, Pikmin, Super Mario Sunshine, and Metroid Prime. I haven't played Prime 2, but I think it'll be really good! Mario Kart: Double Dash! is another great game as well but I personally like MK Wii better.
Prime 2 is a good game but in my opinion it wasn't as good as Prime 1. It was more linear and it had an ammo system for the beams. The game is also hard as well because of harder enemies(Boost Guardian) and the puzzles were more complex thanks to the Light World and Dark World system. Even though P2 is harder because of combat and puzzles, it wasn't as fun as P1 but I do encourage you to pick it up.
Now the other games on my list are SSBM, Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures and Twilight Princess(of course) , Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin 1 and 2, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Heroes, Paper Mario 2 or TTYOD, Mario Kart DD, Prime 2, and many, many more. Keep in mind that there are GC games that I haven't played.

Last edited:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I would say Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Strikers(if nobody knows this, I'll gladly explain), and other I won't list. NGC is a very special system to me. It allows everyone to play on specific 4-player games. I got NGC for Christmas. Those games are my absolute favorite. Ha.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Well besides WW (obviously) i would have to say F-Zero GX. I still play this game every now and then. Its like my favorite racing game of all times.

Conor

the over analysing guy
And now, my favourite gamecube games part 2: Gamecube harder.
Animal Crossing - nothing quite compares to your first animal crossing game, as a child you have copious amounts of free time and a lot of it was spent on this game, as you probably already guessed, this was super OCD fuelled. I'm not sure what it is, maybe the music, maybe the charming visuals, but there's something inexplicably...special
about walking around on a saturday night in the snow on animal crossing...
The legend of zelda...four swords adventures! - This game is incredibly fun, no it isn't a conventional zelda game so to speak but that doesn't detract from it's greatness, and multiplayer is incredible, if you can actually get such a complicated thing arranged :lol:
The wind waker - no I didn't forget it :P This isn't my favourite of zelda games, that isn't to say it's bad, it just, wasn't my kind of thing, that's reasonable, right?
that's pretty much my favourite gamecube games :)

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity

How could I have forgotten about TS2??? D:
Baby Drone Splitter will always be the greatest character ever.

I also have Metroid Prime 2, but it's collecting dust until I beat Prime one. I might just have to try it out now thanks to all of your positive reviews of it. It's amazing how the gamecube has been out for 10 years and I still probably have never even heard about a quarter of the games, let alone play them. Harvest Moon: Magical Melody probably tops the list of gamecube games to buy right now. :P

My favorite video game of all time resides within the Gamecube library, that is, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. That game is pure gold, and I love it to death. Another of my favorite games is also in the library, and that's Pikmin. I fell in love with Olimar and the Pikmin, and the 30-day structure of the game was utterly creative at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom