• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Gamecube Game

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I love Twilight Princess the most by far. It was a perfect combination of what I enjoy in a game, story-, character-, music-, and gameplay-wise. Super Smash Bros. Melee and Starfox Assault are two others I enjoyed a lot, along with Wind Waker now that I see it above.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The Gamecube was definitely a great era. So many great games, it's hard to just choose one. Luigi's Mansion was something that was new, shed some light on Super Mario's bro, unique, and just very fun. I loved the atmosphere and the music it had, it was just a great mix. Seriously one of the Gamecube's best games. Then we have Resident Evil REmake, a masterpiece. A remake to a great game that hadn't aged very well. For those who have played the original, were really in for a nice surprise. Newly added content, completely overhauled graphics that show a great level of detail that really bring out the atmosphere, awesome twists to get those cocky players of the original scared for example, the crimson head zombies, etc. Resident Evil REmake is everything a remake should be. Speaking of Resident Evil, we also have Resident Evil 4 which is yet another masterpiece. It defined 3rd person gaming that later inspired such games as Gears of War and Dead Space. It was full of action, intense moments, some scare factor, and plenty of WTF moments that are pretty easy to miss. It's the game that has you discovering new things with every playthrough. Metroid Prime would have to be another one of Gamecube's top games. It had some of the nicest graphics the Gamecube had to offer, and it was totally new and unique. It took Metroid into 3D gaming and just evolved it. It was a first person adventure game with plenty of memorable tunes. Metroid Prime is certainly the first of it's kind. And then there's Super Mario Sunshine. Now that's a game that was very underrated. I loved the music, the deeper story that I wish would return in future titles, innovative gameplay(thanks to FLUDD and Yoshi), and the very cool and new environments in which the game took place in. It was so different from what we're use to seeing Mario in, it was a nice change of pace. And who can forget Eternal Darkness? It was scary, creepy, innovative, different, new, it was everything you'd want in a game. Each level took place in a new location with a different character and time period so it always felt fresh. The best thing about it was seeing how each character connected and getting to see how each location changed when you revisit it with a new character. The insanity meter was also a very nice touch, it kept things interesting and scary.

And of course, we have The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures, and The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. I think those games are already spoken for... So yeah, it looks like a very hard decision. How can one possibly just choose one game from the Gamecube's amazing library of masterpieces?

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
The Wind Waker. Duh. XD

Besides Zelda games, though, I'd definitely have to say Super Smash Bros. Melee. Ah, that brings back SO many memories.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
My favourites are Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
For the non-Zelda games, Metroid Prime's atmosphere and gameplay are what keep me coming back. Super Smash Bros. Meele is amazing too, mainly because of the multiplayer.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
The Wind Waker is without a doubt my favorite GameCube game. A close second would be Mario Kart: Double Dash; one of the funnest games ever made :)

oh, and Luigi's Mansion was great too. I'm excited about the sequel for 3DS.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Hmm......
Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Super Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX and so much more.

I can't choose :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom