• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite DreamWorks Animated Movies

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
What are you favorite DreamWorks Animated movies?

These are my favorites, How To Train Your Dragon, Kung fu Panda, Madagascar, and Over the Hedge.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Prince of Egypt, How to Train Your Dragon, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, Shrek, Megamind, Shrek 2.

I used to think that with a few exceptions, Dreamworks' computer animated films were cheap and immature, but they've improved recently.

Still, the first three films on my list soar above all the other Dreamworks movies I've seen. They feel more sincere and are devoid of hit-or-miss pop culture references. They are Pixar quality (and I mean Toy Story level).

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Shrek and Madagascar series. The best characters were Rumpelstiltskin (remember, NEVER sign a deal without reading it carefully in real life, otherwise it is like signing a deal with him) and Vitaly the Russian Tiger (I watched M3 twice, with Czech and Polish dubbing. I liked this character's attitiude, like he is saying Niet, which means No in Russian).

Kazumi

chagy
Never been too big of a Dreamworks fan, but I did really enjoy Shrek and Shrek 2. They were quite excellent movies with good animation, acting, and generally funny jokes. I also have a soft spot for Madagascar, for whatever reason.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
My favorite to this day (at least as far as their CGI work goes) is Over the Hedge. Sort of surprised at how it's family theme felt far more solid in execution than I'd expect from them after years of just having Shrek 1 and 2 as favorites, which made me think they might be getting closer to Pixar. I haven't gotten to see anything from DreamWorks from the last 4 or so years, which might make me comparatively uninformed here, but I'm curious since I've heard they've gotten better.

I'd say Kung-fu Panda gets pretty close, even if just on visuals for the most part. The story didn't hit me like OtH did, but I guess it hit on all the right places and got rid of some of the pop humor I unfavorably knew them for years before.

Aaaand maybe Madagascar (just the first one) and Shark Tale for nostalgia's sake. Both were favorites when I was little, even if mostly guilty pleasures that get a few laughs out of me right now.

bunny

birb overlord
The Prince of Egypt. I watched it a lot growing up, and I still enjoy it very much today. The music, animation, and voice-acting is all just great. It's a little bit older, but it's still awesome.

Oh, and the first Shrek and Madagascar movies were... okay... meh.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
How to Train Your Dragon. The movie is just so phenomenal and very touching. The plot, the characters were all good! Hiccup managed to convince everyone that dragons aren't so bad after all and they're pretty good transportation. At the end I cried because the last part was the saddest part of them all..

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
How to Train Your Dragon, Megamind, Prince of Egypt, Spirit (even though I got burnt out on it when I was young, and Kung Fu Panda [2].

All of these movies are stellar to different levels. The story, script, and character development have all brought something special out for me. As an example, in Stallion of the Cimarron, Spirit sees a mankind constructing a train-track which is headed in the direction of his prairielands. Suddenly realizing what this would mean for his pack, he breaks free from his restraints and liberates the other captivated horses with him, thus sending the train they were pulling down a steep incline. In the process Spirit was able to prevent industrialization from spreading into his home, and returned to the horses he was recently abducted from. A brilliant example of Dreamworks' enthralling storytelling faculties.

The Shrek movies are the only Dreamworks productions that I can ever remember not enjoying so much. The original had some nice poignant moments, but the sudden fandom and subsequent release of three or four other installments (I've lost track by now) made my intrigue subside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom