• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite "Boss Weakened" Music

Which Theme Do You Like More?

• Twilight Princess

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skyward Sword

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'll go with the Twilight Princess jingle, because it was exciting and adrenaline-pumping. Many people might dislike the bosses going into a stun phase, but I thought that, coupled with this theme, the battles were more epic with it. The music stimulated me to rush toward the boss as the fell and employ the "deathblow" on their weak spot. The two greatest occasions of this, for me, are against Morpheel and Argorak, when Link on their backs and begins hacking away; it evoked the concept of a deathblow well for me.

Skyward Sword's jingle achieved very much the same, but to a lesser degree. I wouldn't say it was bland, but it was a more straightforward piece—still epic—in comparison to TP's.

I'm pretty sure that all the standard Twilight Princess bosses have the same "weakened" theme. So if this tune played during Argorak's battle, then it also played during Diababa, Stallord, Blizzeta, and so on. ;J

I like both, but for the Twilight Princess one is a modification of the game's overworld theme, which I was never a big fan of for the same reason I don't really care for any of the overworld themes: They always sound like semi-generic "hero" themes, which don't appeal to me in particular.

Meanwhile Skyward Sword's is an add-on to the Scaldera/Tentalus battle theme, one of my favorite of the series, so I naturally prefer it. Though it only plays for those two fights. :(

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I'm a bit more of a fan of TP's boss weakened music. I think it's a little bit more appropriate sounding for a boss on it's knees. It's very upbeat and punchy whereas SS's is a little but more swingy if anyone understands that. I guess SS's boss weakened music is also appropriate but I personally like TP's a little more.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I made the mistake of listening to Skyward Sword's first, and then Twilight Princess's (because I couldn't remember SS's, haha). I love TP's and was initially going to vote for it because I love how it is a variation on the main theme of the game, but after hearing the orchestrated SS one I have to go with it. The contrast is just astounding. The Skyward Sword song is quite epic. It's a shame that boss weakened music doesn't show up more often.

In addition, TP's is heard more often, so I feel like some of the magic of the song is taken out of it... if that makes sense.

EDIT: Dangit, I listened to TP's again and I'm starting to like it more. As someone else said, it just seems more fitting for slaying a near-dead boss. Now I can't decide. D:

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Twilight Princess' music takes the cake. It's memorable, awesome and drives you to complete the task. Sure, actual sound quality may be not so good, but for me it just defeats SS by and by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom