• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Avatar?

Favorite Avatar?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So guys I was wondering: Out of all the Avatars in the Avatar series, which one is your favorite and why? Mine is Avatar Aang since his development throughout the series is compelling and he always tries to find to solve problems without hurting anyone( Such as in the very last episode when he
takes Fire Lord Ozai's firebending away instead of killing him.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I think like, 90% of people would say Aang. :P And I would agree with them! Definitely Aang. Kyoshi's pretty cool as a character, she's quite interesting I think, but none of them exactly starred in their own TV show so it's pretty hard to judge the rest cos we never really learnt much. It's pretty much Aang vs Korra and Aang wins everytime or me.

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Wan seemed like a good Avatar. He genuinely wanted to help even though he was completely out of his element especially seeing as he didn't need to help restore balance. It wasn't the idea that "I am the avatar, this is my duty" but rather Wan knew he was mortal and was going up against the spirit of chaos and death but chose to help anyway, even before he became the Avatar.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Aang any day. I don't think Korra will ever be able to replace him as my favorite. That moment in LoK when you saw that flashback with Aang taking on Yakone was so extremely awesome that it was the highlight of the series :P

Sheik

:the:
Wan is my favorite. I liked him as a character, I liked his design, and I quite enjoyed his epic coming-of-age story. Aang is a close second.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This is kinda hard for me. I really like both Aang and Korra. I like Korra as a character more, but I think Aang had better development. I really liked watching him grow from a playful child into the avatar who could save the world. As much as I love that, though, I just really enjoy Korra's character. It's really hard for me to choose between the two.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Have to agree with AvatarFlygon in a way too though. I really loved those 2 episodes featuring Wan. It was fascinating to see how the Avatar cycle came to exist. I also liked his personallity. But most of all, I thought the animation and artwork in those episoded was one of the best I've seen in any anime. I loved how they combined highly intense action scenes with a (don't know a better word) old-Japanese artwork style. Awesome episodes!

aang, for several reasons.
1) we got very little backstory on most of the other avatars with the exception of roku
2) I find korra to be exceptionally one dimensional, she didn't get a lot of actual development and while I understand that every avatar is their own person, she was the stereotypical, it's all about me and im'ma kick your *** cuz I'm the avatar. If I want a female character like that, I'll stick with Toph or Azula, they had experience, they could back their words and they had more character development then I'm an all powerful bad-***. touches of humanity, such as when toph and sokka had a heart to heart in the runaway episode, or when azula acted like a sister when zuko returned from exile and they went to ember island.

3) aang was himself at heart, a happy go lucky kid, but he could be serious, he could be spiritual, he could be realistically emotional and fierce too when he was absolutely forced to it.

I would however love episodes that showed some of the other avatars lives

seriously though, Aang.

Fig

The Altruist
After thoroughly examining on which Avatar would have to be my favorite, my vote will have to go with Wan. What made Wan very unique wasn't because he was the first Avatar in the cycle, but because he really was never meant for greatness from the beginning. We see Wan as a thief when all he wanted to do was survive in his hometown. When he found out that he was able to get the fire element from the Lion Turtle, he took the element without returning it back to the Lion Turtle. We see that even with his new power he still acts the same which is why he had a difficult time dealing with the Spirits when he was living on his own. He then goes through a change of heart by freeing an animal from its hunters and because of that, the Spirits realize that not humans are bad and accepted him as one of their own. He later becomes one with nature and while he originally thought that having a elemental power would benefit him, he thought it was best to learn and master all four elements to maintain balance for both humans and spirits. He already trying to bring balance to both the human and spirit worlds without any sort of obligation. He was merely doing this because he thought that was the right thing to do. That to me makes Wan one if not the best Avatar in the cycle.

Have to agree with AvatarFlygon in a way too though. I really loved those 2 episodes featuring Wan. It was fascinating to see how the Avatar cycle came to exist. I also liked his personallity. But most of all, I thought the animation and artwork in those episoded was one of the best I've seen in any anime. I loved how they combined highly intense action scenes with a (don't know a better word) old-Japanese artwork style. Awesome episodes!

The Avatar series isn't an anime. It's a western cartoon that is inspired by anime visuals and concept. For something to be considered an anime, it has to originate in Japan. Avatar and Korra were created by two Americans who were inspired by the anime art style but that doesn't make the show an anime.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Well, I like PancakeSamurai's avatar, and the Koopa avatars are pretty cool.

Wait, we aren't talking about those avatars?

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I like Wan- but not for his personality. Just his STORY.
I - LOVE - that part of the story.
I LOVE that art style.

I love it...

Though, to be honest, my favorite Avatar would have to be the dark Avatar. I would LOVE a Dark Avatar. As it is, Vaatu is my fav. character...

D

Deleted member 14134

Favorite Avatar is Robin from fire emblem awakening. Oh and also I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom