• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your *facepalm* Moments

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Erm, ok here's my facepalm....and I think it's a really bad facepalm, but don't all kill me :sweat:

When I was really little my sister was playing BS (the card game) with some friends, and I kept asking her what BS stood for and she wouldn't tell me. Finally she told me it stood for Baloney Stupid. I believed her for years, until I realized what it actually meant :sweat: (Whoops....)

I don't know much IM speak. I don't know what IMO is, for example. I guess that's another faceplam.

Naah ^^ It stands for "In my opinion" by the way. Actually I don't like using IM speak myself, though I usually try to make sure I'm familiar with it since other people like to use it so much. Even when I'm texting I write out all the words, because using texting abbreviations like "omg ur soo rite i mean wat ru doing 4 tmrrw?" makes me feel like I'm stupid :silent:

For example, if there's some slang thing that people are using that I don't know, I look it up here:
www.urbandictionary.com

There was this one time when I thought FTW stood for Free Turtle World.

That's cute ^^

I used to think FTW was just a variation of WTF, purposely misspelled. You know how some people write "Teh" instead of "The" as a misspell on purpose? I thought it was like that. Funny thing is that FTW and WTF are used in basically opposite situations, so whoops :sweat:

::EDIT:: I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I EPICALLY FACEPALMED EVERY TIME I SAW SHEWHOSHALLNOTBENAMED'S FACE BEING RUBBED ACROSS SKYWARD SWORD'S CAMERA SCREEN IN OBSESSIVE MODE LIKE SHE DESERVED LINK'S/YOUR ATTENTION KAYTHANKSBAI IWINSYSTEMSARIANAE+1VSSYSTEM-1

Last edited:

Ghosi

Schmetterling
When my little brother did anything stupid in public. I would first facepalm, then tell people he isn't my brother....unfortunately, that last part did not work due to resembleance.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
When DLC makes a really nerdy reference, when he starts singing and... and... basically everything he does...:cry: Sorry DlC...
Also, i facepalmed when a kid in my history class said "Who's alexander the great?" . Also when my friend didn't know who led zeppelin was.

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
There is only one time that comes to mind right now. In MM, in the Woodfall Temple, I was stuck because I couldn't figure out how to light the torches in the main area. So out of bored, I shot one of the moths flying around the only light torch. I felt like an idiot when I realized that that was how I light the other torches.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
This Facepalm Moment is sponored by.... a float read Midsummers Knights Read For little kids to read at my local library and the float was sponsored by Burst Funeral Home.....

I took a shower after I got home and put anti-acne lotion all over my body... I was trying to get my lotion that helps the skin... *facepalm*

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Even when I'm texting I write out all the words, because using texting abbreviations like "omg ur soo rite i mean wat ru doing 4 tmrrw?" makes me feel like I'm stupid :silent:

I have to agree. I feel like an idiot (being the grammar freak that I am) when I spell/write/pronounce things incorrectly.

Also, once on Portal: the Flash Version, I figured out how to beat this one level, but I jumped in the portal the wrong way and fell into a hole :facepalm:

I think it actually stands for "For the Win".

My friend once thought it meant for the world lol.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Just earlier, while playing the iPod version of Nazi Zombies, I was on round 13 with JuggerNog, a Trench Gun (max ammo), and a Pack-a-Punched Colt M1911 (it turns into a grenade launcher XD), and was being chased by a hoard of about 30 zombies… instead of running AWAY, I thought running THROUGH the hoard would be a good idea. :facepalm:

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
ANOTHER FACEPALM MOMENT!!!
"While the rest of you destroy each other in a Nuclear war I flee to the moon. When it's safe for me to return the only things on Earth are cockroaches and the cookie.
I claim the cookie."
This was posted on the king of the hill thread...

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
This past year I took my guitar to my small school dorm. It was a tiny living space, so I kept my guitar, in the case, propped up against my mini fridge. The outside of those things get HOT, and stupid me doesn't even remember the basic fact that prolonged heat and guitars don't really go well together (The heat warps the wood on the neck). I tried picking it up to play one day, and nearly all the strings were dead- they weren't making any noise at all. I gave it to my dad, who brought it to his guitar fix-it guy. I got it back weeks later and was told that the fix it guy had never seen a guitar neck more screwed up :embarrassed:

Last week, my mom almost made me facepalm in public-- I had just gotten my wisdom teeth out and was still on a liquid diet. My mom decided to take me out to get a frappuchino from Starbucks as a treat, as I'd been living on pudding and mashed potatoes. As we're ordering, I ask the barista guy for a spoon, since you can't drink from a straw post-op. "No problem", he adds and gets one without question. "She can't drink from a straw!" my mom explains excitedly while pointing at me. And the guy just kind looks at me oddly and forces a smile. "....Alrighty then..." was his awkward reply, while staring at me. Ugh. No need for strangers to know these things :shake:

DLC

Soul Drummer.
When DLC makes a really nerdy reference, when he starts singing and... and... basically everything he does...:cry: Sorry DlC...
Also, i facepalmed when a kid in my history class said "Who's alexander the great?" . Also when my friend didn't know who led zeppelin was.

When Ganonslayr makes a really nerdy Reference, when he starts singing and... and... basically everything he does...:cry: Sorry Ganonslayr.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I saw this thread.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
(30 characters)

I CREATED this thread.

Today in history as we were trying to memorize the presidents in class, whenever a number would ask, the saame person would yell, "Taft?" until we inally got to 27.
Also, we were trying to help him with presidents Coolidge (pretended to be chilled), Hoover (Vacume), and Ford (drive a car): "Taft?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom