• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your dream remake/remaster

Hello! I had this on my mind for a while. What would be your dreamed remake/remaster of a Zelda game? It can be any game, even if it already had a remake/remaster.

A lot of people are probably going to hate me but I would love to see a complete remake of either Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. I would love to see one of these games remade with a full 3D world with a behind the back perspective (in the same style as Wind Waker). A lot of the puzzles would have to be reworked but that´s fine and it would be an opportunity to make some parts of the game less tedious and more enjoyable. They could even add new dungeons and items. I know that this games aren't the best but I thought it would be interesting to see them remade. I doubt that this will happen but that's the point, it would be my dreamed remake.

Anyway, what would be your dreamed remake/remaster of a Zelda game?

Hello! I had this on my mind for a while. What would be your dreamed remake/remaster of a Zelda game? It can be any game, even if it already had a remake/remaster.

A lot of people are probably going to hate me but I would love to see a complete remake of either Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. I would love to see one of these games remade with a full 3D world with a behind the back perspective (in the same style as Wind Waker). A lot of the puzzles would have to be reworked but that´s fine and it would be an opportunity to make some parts of the game less tedious and more enjoyable. They could even add new dungeons and items. I know that this games aren't the best but I thought it would be interesting to see them remade. I doubt that this will happen but that's the point, it would be my dreamed remake.

Anyway, what would be your dreamed remake/remaster of a Zelda game?

I'll agree with you. I'd love a full 3D remake of Phantom Hourglass, know why?

BECAUSE I ****ING HAAAAATE THAT GAME!!

however, i do feel as if the world was a fitting extension to Wind Waker (my favourite game ever). I loved the characters, the world and the story.

But because it was on the DS it felt like a complete bastardisation of WW.

The graphics sucked, Link looked like an old man! The touch controls sucked. The sailing sucked (and i LOVE sailing in WW). And the temple of the ocean king sucked! A timed, repeated stealth dungeon with fiddly touch controls?? **** off!

Aonuma, come on buddy, having something stealthy be timed in a repeated dungeon with controls that crap was like 4 bad ideas smashed together to create a ****ing abomination of a game. A game with a great story, great characters and great world that felt like a true follow up... on the wrong damn console!

Remake it. Make it 3D like Wind Waker. Keep the world (cept Dee Ess island, that was tacky), keep the story, keep the characters, keep the three fairies with different sword buff powers (that was cool), keep the boat upgrade system (that was cool too).

Drop the repeating of the damn TotOK and give it proper damn controls (then the stupid idea of having timed stealth may be more bearable).

There... i think the adult timeline can have some dignity back.

Reactions: Dio

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Spirit Tracks is one of my favorite Zelda games, and I would love to see a 3D remaster, especially on the Switch. Of course, it'd have to play completely differently, and while I didn't mind how it played to begin with, I think the Switch's control scheme would work well with the game. The Switch's screen is touch-capable, after all. I can see drawing on the map with our finger and drawing lines to lead Zelda remaining. Honestly, the game wouldn't be too different like that, I guess. And if it had BotW's aesthetics, even better.

It's very unlikely, though, but then again, this is a dream remake thread, not a possible remake thread lol.

I'll agree with you. I'd love a full 3D remake of Phantom Hourglass, know why?

BECAUSE I ****ING HAAAAATE THAT GAME!!

however, i do feel as if the world was a fitting extension to Wind Waker (my favourite game ever). I loved the characters, the world and the story.

But because it was on the DS it felt like a complete bastardisation of WW.

The graphics sucked, Link looked like an old man! The touch controls sucked. The sailing sucked (and i LOVE sailing in WW). And the temple of the ocean king sucked! A timed, repeated stealth dungeon with fiddly touch controls?? **** off!

Aonuma, come on buddy, having something stealthy be timed in a repeated dungeon with controls that crap was like 4 bad ideas smashed together to create a ****ing abomination of a game. A game with a great story, great characters and great world that felt like a true follow up... on the wrong damn console!

Remake it. Make it 3D like Wind Waker. Keep the world (cept Dee Ess island, that was tacky), keep the story, keep the characters, keep the three fairies with different sword buff powers (that was cool), keep the boat upgrade system (that was cool too).

Drop the repeating of the damn TotOK and give it proper damn controls (then the stupid idea of having timed stealth may be more bearable).

There... i think the adult timeline can have some dignity back.

I feel the same way as you, I loved WW so I had high hopes with PH, then I played it and well... my hopes were crushed. Like you said if they remade it, they could get rid of all of the bad things that hold this gane back and make a true successor to WW.

I feel the same way as you, I loved WW so I had high hopes with PH, then I played it and well... my hopes were crushed. Like you said if they remade it, they could get rid of all of the bad things that hold this gane back and make a true successor to WW.

Well PH is Aonuma's favourite game apparantly (which is worrying) so maybe he'll remake it one day the way it should have been.

I think a remake of adventure of link would be really interesting, they could go crazy with it and add lots of stuff.

Yeah it would be interesting, especially I would like to see how would they implement the enemy encounters. I would imagine something like the dragon quest games on the 3ds.

Mido

Version 1
Strangely, this thread has got me thinking about a potentially nifty Wind Waker Remake. Even though it already had an HD remaster, imagine if the game was reworked with all the content that was supposed to be in the game like the potential Greatfish Isle temple among other things. A game with as much character as this could become more glorious as a result, more grand even! Still, in spite of these thoughts, I'm content with the game as it is.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Strangely, this thread has got me thinking about a potentially nifty Wind Waker Remake. Even though it already had an HD remaster, imagine if the game was reworked with all the content that was supposed to be in the game like the potential Greatfish Isle temple among other things. A game with as much character as this could become more glorious as a result, more grand even! Still, in spite of these thoughts, I'm content with the game as it is.

Underwater Hyrule or no buy

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I would like a full blown FF7 style remake of Ocarina of Time. The most well known and popular Zelda ever.

Redoing the gameplay and world from the ground up! Expanding the story! Movie quality CGI cutscenes!Reorchestrated music! Oh the very thought of it makes me giddy with excitement!

I'd say remaster(again) TP, because the Wii U version didn't improve on a number of things and I think it would benefit from another try at remastering. Make actual HD graphics, shorten the beginning and the collectathons.

Tingle's Rosee Rupee Land. Take away the fact that Tngle is a terrible character, the game is really good. That as a budget remake would get sales. Having rupees as your life points is a unique idea. So literally to buy anything in the game you have to spend life points. Also it's very hard not to use up rupees in combat too so you have to decide each time if you will make more rupess than you lose.

I would like a full blown FF7 style remake of Ocarina of Time. The most well known and popular Zelda ever.

Redoing the gameplay and world from the ground up! Expanding the story! Movie quality CGI cutscenes!Reorchestrated music! Oh the very thought of it makes me giddy with excitement!

This. I feel, like with FFVII, it's only a matter of time. The game is still the highest rated video game of all time, and undoubtedly the most popular and beloved Zelda game in the gaming community.

It will be remade eventually, but I hope they go all-out with it and don't just merely update the visuals to HD. Make it better with modern technology.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Obviously, you know I'll say Link's Awakening. Of course I want to see a remaster of Link's Awakening. Still top-down but with updated graphics. Or, just give me a DLC for BotW with Koholint Island. But to be serious, I don't want a remaster or remake, I want a reboot. I want a reboot of the cartoon. It needs to be hand-drawn, none of that CG crap the tv is lousy with now days. I nominate studio Ghibli to colab with Tartakovski to put together a pilot right this second. If anyone can capture the feel of Hyrule and stylistic magic of Zelda, it's studio Ghibli. If anyone can capture the prowess of a silent hero and the fearsome aspect of Ganon's hordes, it's Tartakovski.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom