• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Definition of Beating a Game 100%

I started playing the Minish Cap again, but i cant finish it!

When i get so far through the last dungeon, (Dark Hyrule Castle), the game resets itself!

Considering ive beat it before, as long as i get everything else, (Kinstones, Joy Butterflies, Heart Containers, Figurines, etc, should this still count as 100%? Even though everything ive gotten wasnt all in the same file, should this still count? Its NOT FAIR if it doesnt!

(Dont call me a liar because of my sig, i know it says i havent beaten MC, i accidently skipped it when i made the sig, and ive been waiting til i finished it 100% to change it)

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
You mean, combining all of the collectibles of one game, with beating all of the dungeons on a different file for the same game? I mean, technically you went through the entire adventure, but I feel, if it's not all in one place, one Link, then no, it doesn't count 100%.

Maybe you should buy a new cartrdige if that one keeps resetting itself?

Yeah, If you've beaten it already and this time you just want to collect everything else, then I'd say that counts as a 100%. I did that with Wind Waker. My second play-through I completed it with everything but didn't bother going through the last dungeon because I got lazy lol.

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
You have to beat the game, get every weapon upgrade, get ALL the Kinstone fusions, and all the figurines. Oh and Heart Pieces. I say I 94% beaten Minish Cap on my first file, because I FORGOT TO GET LIGHT ARROWS AND NOW THAT GUY'S DEAD. Oh and I need 5 more kinstone fusions @___@

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My definition of 100%ing a Zelda game is getting ALL heart containers/pieces of heart, all items, all upgrades, and getting to the last dungeon of the game. I've only done that with a couple of games, mainly out of negligence.

Jedizora

:right:
Did that happen more then once? If so try again on a diffrent file. If that doesn't work get a new game. If you can't, just add a sidenote saying it is complete as possibe and add a link to this thread. This is my 100th post :)

Well, ive beaten the last dungeon before, and now, i have the light arrows, i have 5 Kinstones left, all but 2 heart containers left, and maybe 20 figurines left. If i got everything in this file, besides beating Vaati, but ive beaten him on another file, shouldnt it count? I still would have gotten everything, and done everything in the game. Its not in the same file, but i did all of it some way or another, that counts as 100%, right? It meants ive still accomplished everything in that game, theres nothing i didnt do...

i think ill make it count. I dont have enough money to buy a new cartridge, i dont have a computer that will run an emulator right, and i really dont want to start the file over, and redo everything.

Have pity on Link, hes done enough for this adventure already, dont make him restart!

no, i don't think it counts. it's only 100% if it is all one game file. if your game resets itself, then i guess you'll need a new cartridge or that emulator you mentioned.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
My exact definition is;

To be completed 100%, a player must have discovered all of the areas, gained all collectables, completed all sidequests and of course, completed the main game.

although this is my definition, I have yet to complete every game 100%. :(

green goron

Best of the Gorons
To 100% a game you have to complete the main quest, do all the sidequest, fuse all the kinstones, discover all of the secrets, and get all the items. You have to do it on one file though so if this is repeatedly happening you might need a new cartridge.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I'd actually kinda be happy. I'd be sad that my file got erased, but then I could see all the key parts in the story again! I hate it how you can only see one important conversation once in the entire game and then you think of something and you want to confirm it with the conversation and you can't! I hate that. Back on topic though, my definition is all Heart Pieces/Heart Containers, collectables such as poes, gold skulltulas, ect, and any other stuff that will add (or not) some of the story to the game. I've never played MC though, so I can't help you there. Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom