• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Your Custom Travel Gate (DLC)

With the upcoming DLC pack, one of the new features is the travel medallion, which lets you set a custom travel gate on your map. I've been sort of thinking about in advance where I would like to set my custom travel gate, and I'm wondering if any of you have been doing the same? Where do you think you'll put yours?

The problem with the travel gate is that there are shrines very close to all the important things youd need to get to.

You can warp to every tower and shrine, every stable has a nearby shrine, every village and major point of interest such as Mount Lanayru summit and Zora's domain... we dont really need a travel gate... although i assume it may be more helpful in a fresh save file than a completed one, maybe.

As for me the only place i can possibly imagine putting it would be the entrance to the Sanctum so i dont have to dodge Guardians or waste time scaling the back walls of the castle and wasting Revali's Gale to get there.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Might use it for the bazaar or the highground on Lanayru road early game to get to Naydra faster when I don't have the Zora outfit.

I'm kind of a lazy person, so I'm trying to think of places that are sort of out of the way from the other travel gates already activated on my map. That, doubled with (increasing) frequency of visits, I'm possibly thinking about putting mine around/near the Typhlo Ruins, since trying to get out without falling in the mud is annoying. Other than that, if they allow for it in the castle, I wouldn't mind setting it up in front of the Sanctum, like Spirit said. I hope they let you reassign it as well. It'd be dumb if they didn't, but they haven't said anything about it so, I gotta make sure I put it somewhere I'll use it. Or, I may not use it. Who knows.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly, I don't even know if I'll use it to begin with. I never warp anywhere anymore, I just walk everywhere I need to go. Maybe if I'm goofing off somewhere that, if I were to fall off, would be a pain to get back up to, I might set it there. I can imagine it would be useful in expediting crazy adventures, but otherwise I doubt I'll be using it.

Aku

Probably in the Sanctum at the castle, otherwise, there really isn't much of a need for it with all of the possible warp points around.

Where do you need to go that is not near one of the 120 shrines? Tough question as almost everything in the game is near a shrine.

I think the best place would be to throw it in Hyrule castle right next to the weapon cache so you can refarm it every bloodmoon cycle very easily.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I've was originally thinking maybe the bazaar, just because it doesn't have its own shrine. Though now I believe the badlands is probably the better spot. Every shrine near it is inside some area that isn't too easy to leave (the forest, the ruins, the temple, even the closest Eldin one is in a cave surrounded by lava) so there is essentially no efficient fast travel spot to that area of Hyrule.

I mostly put it at my favorite Farosh hunting spot, Rassla Lake. If whoever is reading this has not visited this location is the Faron Region, you should definitely go there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom