• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Arrows

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
There's been talk of wanting the magic arrows to return in future 3D games. I ask you, if you coulld choose what kind of arrows Link could have what kind would you give him? What special features would they have (like ice arrows make frozen paths in MM) and how would you make Link need them (like how Link needs light arrows to beat Ganondorf in OoT)? And if you don't like magic, you can put how they work.

I'm thinking electric arrows. These arrows could send an electric shock into enemies. Enemies in contact with water would be especially suseptable to them. Link could problably use them to start up antique machinery or lights (machines like the canon is TP.)

R

Rito

I think they should just have fire arrows like the goblin creatures I forgett what there called shot in TP

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I'm thinking electric arrows. These arrows could send an electric shock into enemies. Enemies in contact with water would be especially suseptable to them. Link could problably use them to start up antique machinery or lights (machines like the canon is TP.)

I was thinking the same thing! I've always wanted Link to have electric arrows. Link would shoot something with them, then they would get electrified. It would be so cool!

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
ice arrows to freeze paths enimies and stop fire, fire to light torches and un-melt things, light to mabey light up and hit certian switches also for ganon, (my new ones would be) bomb arrows again to shatter far away boulders and hurt strong enimies, the split arrows (once one arrow hits something it will seperate into two and go oposite of eachother like to hit switches simontainously or for a boss with two floating eyes) the wind arrows to stun enimies and unlight torches and mabey start gears or machinery, the shadow arrows to fight a boss that i'm having this ting im putting together thats actually pure light and to stop blinding areas. that's all i got

M

M-SwordLink

Electric arrows is an idea I never thought of before, and it is quite a good idea, but I would like to see the return of the infamous Light Arrows, but I would like to see a Darkness Arrow. A Darkness Arrow would cause the enemy attacked with it to go into a haze, making them move slower, as well as attacking slower, and missing on a few attacks, kind of like they were confused.

Electric arrows is an idea I never thought of before, and it is quite a good idea, but I would like to see the return of the infamous Light Arrows, but I would like to see a Darkness Arrow. A Darkness Arrow would cause the enemy attacked with it to go into a haze, making them move slower, as well as attacking slower, and missing on a few attacks, kind of like they were confused.

I like the darkness arrows!! You could also shot it at the wall to go thought walls?! idk thats something to could think of. But like the idea of shoting the arrow to slow down the enemies that sounds like an awesome idea!!!

I had this idea for my Zelda game idea where instead of simply just saying Link obtains a bunch of different kinds of arrows, it is more of a combination of weapons like attaching bombs to arrows and alla bomb arrows....

For starters, there'd be two playable characters, Link and Zelda. Link would be the same as always, while Zelda has a more magic feel to her, and therefore she would eventually learn different types of spells- Din's Inferno, Static Charge, Arctic Chill, Nayru's Stealth and Shield, Mariner's Pulse, Korok Breath, Shadow Cast, Gust of Wind, Time Warp, Terra Tremor, Rauru's Light, and Redead Rising. Now, of course not all of these spells would be used for Link's (and Zelda's) arrows, but some would that appeal to the lot of what everyone would like. Those would be Din's Inferno, Static Charge, Blizzard Blast, Shadow Cast, Rauru's Light (and possibly Nayru's Stealth, Time Warp, and Mariner's Pulse):

Din's Inferno- much like the fire arrow, but instead, Link can charge the "fire" power, which would also drain his magic meter, but create a very powerful explosion of fire!!!!

Static Charge- an electric arrow essentially, they could start up old machinery, or electricute enemies. It wouldn't be able to be used underwater (when have arrows ever been able to?...except for the Mariner's Pulse), but this arrow would detonate a small space, shocking/stunning enemies in its radius. The more water elements present, the more powerful it becomes.

Blizzard Blast- the ice arrow is back! but just like the Din's Inferno arrows, these may be charged. Link would also be able to effect more of the environment around him; frozen paths, ground, etc. etc.

Shadow Cast- I know this would be the "dark arrow" but I'm not sure how to elaborate on it. It could be used to fight off enemies from the dark realm (see The Cardinal Kingdom) and additional features have yet to come.

Rauru's Light- the light arrow is also back, much like Blizzard Blast and Din's Inferno that way these arrows can be even more bad***. I'd want to have the light and dark arrows to be opposites of eachother, for instance, certain enemies can be hit with light arrows and turned into allies perhaps? and dark arrows reverse it? Something like that.

*Nayru's Stealth- this spell initially veils Zelda to the naked eye, so what I wanted to do was use this spell to make invisible arrows...well why on earth would you want that? Maybe because it could bring forth some type of sniper feature or silence or something.....

A main feature I wanted to have for the Zelda game was being able to get creative with the weaponry and combine items...one of the new items would be Rope. Link would then be able to tie the rope to the arrow, creating a more realistic version of the hookshot where he could use arrows to shoot enemies and then rope them in, or shoot faroff walls and either zipline or swing to them, or snatch items, etc.

....going back to Nayru's Stealth. Since this would disguise the arrow's whereabouts, the rope attached to it could also be under the same spell, leaving you with an invisble getaway zipline (in case the baddies decide to use it, or destroy it, etc. etc.) how do you see it then? with the lens of truth of course!

*Time Warp- this could possibly open little portals to other "dimensional" rooms that are hidden in levels, or perhaps send enemies to a locker of sorts....so it might come with a price where every enemy you shoot with this arrow can get sent away, and you don't have to fight it, but then it eventually adds up and later on you enter the locker, like the Cave of Ordeals and fight through your stowed away enemies, this could also be some kind of collection area where if you want to save the enemy to battle, or a boss battle for later playing/fun, you shoot it with a Time Warp arrow and there you go. But I wouldn't have this be an issued spell until after beating the game and playing through again, like how Link would have different clothes in WW.

*Mariner's Pulse was also another interesting one where I thought that arrows might be able to be fired underwater, or into the water like torpedos? making it capable of combatting underwater. I also wanted to have it be where on land, these arrows would hit an enemy with a tsunami-like splash, drenching their person and effectively weighing them down, making them slower and easier to attack?

As you can tell I really wanted to put a lot of detail and practicality, with respect to the Zelda world into these arrows.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
I think wind, water and darkness would be cool but I dont really know what they would do.
WAIT water could put out fire, darkness could put lights out and wind could... I dont really know sorry

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I like fire arrows, but I'd also like them to interact with the scenery a bit. Having them being able to light anything on fire would be a bit much (imagine accidentally setting Faron Woods ablaze), I'd like some practical consequences in a few unexpected places.

I always liked the idea of the silver arrow. I know the light arrows/master sword basically took its place, but it'd be neat if there was a call back somehow. I'm having trouble thinking of an appropriate effect - for some reason "stronger in moonlight" keeps running through my head. Not sure if that is what I'd ultimately go with, though I do like the idea of weapons that vary in effectiveness depending on if it's night/day, and the light arrow would be its obvious counterpart.

Well, rock...you..uh... you really thought this through huh?

Haha, yeah well I've formulated a whole game idea that's just one minor part. I always enjoy talking about the game idea because it tends to really interest people.

I like fire arrows, but I'd also like them to interact with the scenery a bit. Having them being able to light anything on fire would be a bit much (imagine accidentally setting Faron Woods ablaze), I'd like some practical consequences in a few unexpected places.

I always liked the idea of the silver arrow. I know the light arrows/master sword basically took its place, but it'd be neat if there was a call back somehow. I'm having trouble thinking of an appropriate effect - for some reason "stronger in moonlight" keeps running through my head. Not sure if that is what I'd ultimately go with, though I do like the idea of weapons that vary in effectiveness depending on if it's night/day, and the light arrow would be its obvious counterpart.

Yeah, that practicality would be neat to do, just so that it'd add some element of surprise to the games.

But I liked your silver arrow return and how it might be more powerful in moonlight. I had a similar idea, but it was instead for bows. I had a certain element of the game idea I had, The Cardinal Kingdom, where new monsters would have to be confronted with the Hunter's Bow (Link) and the Huntress' Crossbow (Zelda) ultimately charging the arrows with a silver blast that would penetrate its target...and the moonlight would definitely play a factor, mainly because these monsters would be prevalent at night.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
Fire arrows are always cool, ice arrows seem cool but I never use them, even though I bothered to get them in Ocarina of Time. Light arrows were cool but a bit overpowered in Wind Waker, they could instantly kill at the cost of magic. Bomb arrows were a great idea in my opinion, destructive as bombs and as far range as arrows, I hope they bring those back.
Electric arrows sound interesting, I like the idea of poison arrows.

Static Charge- an electric arrow essentially, they could start up old machinery, or electricute enemies. It wouldn't be able to be used underwater (when have arrows ever been able to?...except for the Mariner's Pulse), but this arrow would detonate a small space, shocking/stunning enemies in its radius. The more water elements present, the more powerful it becomes.

It's a good idea, but if there was old machinery that Link needed to power up, it would mean that Zelda had advanced in technology, and I'd lose interest.

I don't really know what other types of arrows could be useful outside of the fire arrow, ice arrow and light arrow. A lot of the ideas that rock mentioned are interesting concepts, but I don't believe they would work that well in the Zelda world, they are too gimmicky and would pretty much make the game depend on the Bow throughout the entire game, which would get boring very quickly as things would get repetitive. The only thing I agree about is maybe giving us the option to power them up.

It might be cool if Link was able to change the tip of the arrow so that he could bypass certain situations or enemies, but I can't see that working to well either. If Link were to bring back the magic arrows then I think that the only ones that would work are the ones that we have already seen in the Legend of Zelda series.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I think it would be cool to see a Rope Arrow. You can shoot it at a target, and the arrow magically produces a rope that you swing on or slide down on. You could also shoot it at enemies and it would tie them up and make them immobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom