• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Young or Old Link

What you would like to see more of:

• Young Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Old Link

• Cant chose

• Both

• Total voters

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I think I like both. Young Link isn't too bad, I mean, he can basically do whatever old Link can do. There isn't much difference except in age. In all of the Zelda games(except OoT) young Link can't fire a bow, but that doesn't really matter. So there isn'y much difference except in looks and voice acting. Young Link and old Link look different in almost every game. So I picked both, since there isn't really any difference between the two.

i like to see link start off as a child then grow as the game goes on learning new skills and so on what i love the most in tp is the character progression how he starts as a simple goat herder into the hero of legend

Last edited:
Well I prefer adult link, because I can relate to him more as I am an adult myself.

I have to agree with this answer.
However I also like seeing young Link (mainly Oot & MM - my Favs with young Link) because it dose a lot to show how him, as an adult, becomes that way. I like how they go together, is what I'm saying, basically. If everything happens to you as an adult, things are differnet, maybe easier. But when he's a kid liek this, plus he is almost completely alone, wow, just imagine the man he'll get forged into (you could also think of the Heros Shade from Twilight Princess: about the type of thought process I might expect from that young Link over time).

But this question is like asking which Link is your favorite Link. It's hard to choose! Oot/MM and SS might be my answer to that though. WW/ST/PHG (toon) pretty much my least liked. For some reason though i find the character designs in the Oracle Seasons to be most endearing; SS & TP is probably the best design overall, then Oot/MM, (thought I might be saying that due to the advanced clothing and item designs and graphics)

i like to see link start off as a child then grow as the game goes on learning new skills and so on what i love the most in tp is the character progression how he starts as a simple goat herder into the hero of legend

Yes, I also agree with the progression. The more their is the more I tend to like that Link. I enjoy the 'shock' factor too, if you want to call it that, and how well he takes it.

I'd choose both. In games like Skyward Sword, the adult (or near adult) Link works very well IMO. In games like WW and OoT, as well as some of the handhelds (Minish Cap in particular) the young Link obviously works better.

I'd like to lean towards Young Link, but I like how Nintendo has worked both styles in.

I think it really depends on what the game is like. Wind Waker would have been way different and probably not as good if it had been an adult, the same way TP wouldn't have been as good if it had been a child instead of a teen/adult Link.

I like them both for different reasons, but I think I like young Link a little more. It's more because I miss seeing him [not Toon Link] in the game. Hopefully, he'll return in a future title.

I prefer Adult Link, because then i feel like you can experience more adult-like emotions.
In SS if Link was 9 years old, i don't think the romance between him and Zelda would have worked very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom