• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Young or Adult Link?

Young or adult Link for 3DS?

• Young Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adult Link

• Both young and adult

• Total voters

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'd kind of prefer to see Young Link again. Who says Link can't be a mature hero and a kid at the same time? Majora's Mask is a perfect example of how that can work. I prefer Young Link over Adult Link simply because it seems more adventurous to me. A younger kid would be more likely to go out and explore the world than an older kid, who has more responsibilities already. (Is this making any sense? lol) I just kinda like it better that way.

Besides, like Krazy4Krash said, having Adult Link on the WiiU and Young Link on the 3DS seems fair to me.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Personally, I prefer young Link. The main reason is because I love the idea of some young kid saving the world as opposed to an adult. What Link is forced to go through seems so much more significant if he's so little.

But if adult Link returns, I'll be happy too. Don't really care. Just make a new Zelda game already, darn it.

I’d like to see both Young and Adult Link return in either Zelda 3DS or Wii U.

That said, I’d enjoy seeing a different twist on the idea than Ocarina of Time presented. Rather than having the adventure focus on Link’s coming of age to slay a villain, it’d be interesting to see him reverted to a child by some antagonist much like Goku was at the start of Dragonball GT.

I’ve always seen Young Link as a more vulnerable character especially in the cruel world of Termina where he as a mere child carries the burden of saving the area’s inhabitants. This would be the perfect opportunity to delve deeper into his persona.

Why not in-between? It seems Link is always an unrealistic 10-12 or an already fully developed 17-18; why can't we have a Link in the middle area? I'd like to see a Link in the 14-16 range, and have his backstory and motives for saving Hyrule (or wherever else the game is set) fabricated accordingly. It would be a good age to include neat plot elements like moral development, first love, and even Link questioning his mysterious origins - perhaps the game could even center around Link trying to uncover his own backstory.

Naga

MUSICALITY!
I'd prefer both, cause time travel is fun and kid Link's shouts drive me crazy after a while. But most of it has do be done as adult. Cause adult link is no obnoxious yells. And maybe something other than a master sword, maybe something Zelda does? For the time travel, I mean.

Fig

The Altruist
I would like to see the new Zelda game where both Young and Adult Link are playable. Now, before people say anything, I plan for the game to not have that same ability to change between Young and Adult Link as one can in Ocarina of Time. What I would like to see is that both Young Link and Adult Link have different journeys and different game concepts between the two adventures, although if Nintendo decides to do something like Ocarina of Time, then I would be fine with that too. In the meantime, I'll be waiting for any news for the new Zelda.

Marzo

The Downward Spiral
For handheld, I prefer Young Link, rather than Adult Link. All the handheld Zelda games I've played, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks, the games were featuring Young Link. It's something I am used to. I'm sure that if Zelda 3DS does include an Adult Link, I will warm up to him, however.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I'm going to pick Adult Link (not both, not Young) for the following reasons:
- There wasn't any Adult Link-only handheld game yet (remakes doesn't count here).
- Last 3D game for home console with Young Link was The Wind Waker, and that was in 2002 (in Japan, 2003 in other regions).
- Four Swords Adventures was the last game with Young Link on home console, ever. That was in 2004/2005.
- Currently, Young Link appears on handhelds and Adult Link appears on home consoles. That's three times in a row for both Links - Young Link in TMC, PH and ST, Adult Link in TP, SS and (hopefully) Zelda Wii U. I would like to see the opposite, because there wasn't any 3D Young Link-only game on a home console since ten years!

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
It personally doesn't make a difference to me, though if I had to choose, I would say Young Link for 3DS. If they decide to use Adult Link, I'm good with that too. I'm just excited for a new Zelda game!

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I voted for both because I loved the time traveling thing. i think that they could actually go further with it. I would go on about this but I would end up rambling lol and trust that you don't want that.

L

lulles

I like both. Young Link has a special place in my heart because of Majora's Mask, though.

We need more of adult Link. Nintendo can do so much more raw things with that Link. I just want to see more of a more mature Link like in TP. I want to see a side of Link we've never seen before. That's my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom