• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Young or Adult Link?

Young or adult Link for 3DS?

• Young Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adult Link

• Both young and adult

• Total voters
I can see Link in Zelda U as being adult Link but the 3DS is a lot more liquid in what it can give us and all of the handheld Zelda titles of the past have featured a younger Link than the ones found in SS and TP. (OoT did have young Link but its also a remade port so its exempt).

Personally i prefer adult Link to young Link, young Link annoys me and I was thankful in OoT when he grew up. The handheld Links don't bother me too much because its the way Link has always been, but with nintendo treating the 3D installments as they would a home console game (I can only imagine they mean delays, years between installments and games like OoT and MM) it means that we not see young Link at all but is that what you want?

Which version of Link do you want? young Link or adult Link?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Both young and Adult Link, please. The modern strictly Young Link games (meaning, all the toon ones) never really resonated with me bar TWW (and TMC if you call it a kid Link game), and I've actually been waiting for more Adult Link ever since Skyward Sword released.

On the flip side, the strictly Adult Link games (TP, SS) all had some degrees of problems.

So, why not just mesh the two together like it was done in OoT? They don't have to be strictly controlled by a time mechanic, but allow us to switch between them almost at will. :)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Need to give Young Link some credit. He definitely shouldn't die off. Two separate 3D titles with Adult Link on the Wii-U and Young Link on the 3DS seems like a fair trade.

Both Adult and Young Link have had they're equal share in recent Zelda games (Twilight Princess and onwards) So who should be in Zelda 3D is a good question. Personally I don't think it really matters since it's still Link. Let's put it this way, the only 3DS Zelda game on the 3DS is Ocarina of Time 3D which had both Adult and Young Link, so the next game can either have adult or Young Link or both if they wanted to. maybe there will be less chance of being both Adult and Young Link, but if I could take a wild guess I'd say that Young Link is more likely to appear in Zelda 3D.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I would prefer it if we were able to customize our hero, choosing if he is a she first and foremost, what their age is second and how they look third. I hope Nintendo go down this road where I can connect a little bit more and actually feel like it's me saving Hyrule (which was the point of Link).

If they don't go down that road then I just pray to the Nintendo god that they make Link an adult and the game more mature.

On the flip side, the strictly Adult Link games (TP, SS) all had some degrees of problems.

I'm pretty sure those games didn't have problems because Link was adult.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm pretty sure those games didn't have problems because Link was adult.

Actually, they kinda did mate. One of the biggest problems story-wise in TP and SS is the concept of love that pervades them both. I might be alone in this, but I expected Link as an adult to be more romance-centric. In TP, he finds the girl he supposedly is infatuated with and basically drops her. It's good for story purposes--it shows that Link as an adult is a man and has more to worry about than some measly girl--but for fanboy purposes it hurts deep. In SS, he spends the entire game (literally) trying to find and secure the girl he supposedly is infatuated with and basically accepts being driven around like a slave by that same very girl...who by the way has a second personality. At the end of the game when the girl **** blocks him, all he does is smile like a doofus. That hurt me deep. :I

So, part of me wants to discard the notion of love and have Child Link "kiddy" tinges of romance, but at the same time I want the far more deep adventure of an adult. I dunno lol.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Actually, they kinda did mate. One of the biggest problems story-wise in TP and SS is the concept of love that pervades them both. I might be alone in this, but I expected Link as an adult to be more romance-centric. In TP, he finds the girl he supposedly is infatuated with and basically drops her. It's good for story purposes--it shows that Link as an adult is a man and has more to worry about than some measly girl--but for fanboy purposes it hurts deep. In SS, he spends the entire game (literally) trying to find and secure the girl he supposedly is infatuated with and basically accepts being driven around like a slave by that same very girl...who by the way has a second personality. At the end of the game when the girl **** blocks him, all he does is smile like a doofus. That hurt me deep. :I

So, part of me wants to discard the notion of love and have Child Link "kiddy" tinges of romance, but at the same time I want the far more deep adventure of an adult. I dunno lol.

I hope Wii U Zelda there is a good love story or at least a strong bond between Link and (insert name)

Zorth

#Scoundrel

I still don't see how this is a problem because Link is specifically an adult, it's more the failed love concept of Nintendo I'd say. Take away the love theme (if we can call it that, lol) and leave adult Link, we won't have any problems anymore. However, take the love theme and put it in any other game and you'll have a flaw.

This is why I don't find it fair to blame this on Link being an adult since it's more of a fail story if anything.

I want the far more deep adventure of an adult. I dunno lol.

I agree :brow:

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
While I do prefer Adult Link, it's been a while since Young Link has been in a game, so I think it should be him in Zelda 3DS.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Adult Link is my preference. I wouldn't be sad to see Young Link left to gather dust in an ophanage somewhere. Or, you know, just not be used in future Zelda games. Not that I'd see it as a negative point if they do use him again, just I prefer Link to be an Adult. Makes him feel more like a capable Hero to me and it suits him better visually I think.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
I really liked the idea of playing both child Link and adult Link in OoT. Not only that but you also get to witness how Hyrule changes throughout time. I'd like to see something like that again in a Zelda game and have even more ages of Link. How about child Link, young adult Link, adult Link, and old Link?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Adult Link. it feels more realistic to have an older Link with fullsize equipment rather than OoT Young Link who HAD to have tiny stuff, although MM Link could have a normal-size sword after a while... I'm rambling now. I'll shut up.

Both young and Adult Link, please. The modern strictly Young Link games (meaning, all the toon ones) never really resonated with me bar TWW (and TMC if you call it a kid Link game), and I've actually been waiting for more Adult Link ever since Skyward Sword released.

So, why not just mesh the two together like it was done in OoT? They don't have to be strictly controlled by a time mechanic, but allow us to switch between them almost at will. :)

If you can make it work. Explain?

Never stated in-game that SS Link got Friendzoned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom