• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

You know when You buy something, but don't use It?

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
This has happened to me serveral times. The last book I bought that I never got to read, was about how to be a pro stalk- .....

ANYWAY... So, has this ever happened to you?

Last edited:
This usually happens to me with clothes. I'll see something that is appealing in-store, I'll get it on whims, but whether it is the way it fits or it gets forgotten, I have several shirts that still have tags on them and are probably too small for me now.

That's one of the bad things about having such a dis-organised room, where the majority of the clutter is clothes: they all blend in, get buried and lost. xD

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
i got the cats a cat tree for $50 at a yard sale and they still sleep in boxes. another thing i got was a charger for my phone but i never use it anyway cause theres no service around here

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i've bought a few book i've not read and got a few DVD i've not watched. give it time and i will get through all of them

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I'm a very uh...indecisive buyer. I'll only buy something if I know for sure i'm going to use it and that I won't regret purchasing it. For instance, i'll only buy a DVD if i'm going to watch it a few times at a few occasions. If i'm only going to watch it once, I may as well have went to see it at the movies.

For clothes, I follow the same guideline. I'll only buy them if i'm going to wear them, so you'll see me standing there holding a shirt for 5 minutes straight thinking about when i'm going to wear it :O

It's a bit of a curse at times, but at least i'm not wasting any money which could be better spent. When I save for games, i'll start saving one or two months beforehand, and i'll put buying other things on hold until i'm sure i'll have enough money for both. (and that i'm sure I want to play this game)

The only sort of expensive thing i've never worn after use would be a pair of shoes. I wore them once, and then not after that. I'm not sure why. I can't wear them now because they're too small, but oh well.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I bought myself purple headphones for 60$.. And I never use them.
It's one of the biggest waste of money I have done.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Most of the stuff I have are hand-me-downs from my relatives and friends. There are some games I've bought or gotten as presents that I didn't play much as others but I still got a decent number of hours of entertainment out of them. There's also all of my Pokemon cards. They were fun to collect but in retrospect, they were a pretty big waste of money.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Last time I bought something without thinking it over I ended up with my blue paper-weight. Which, for anyone who hasn't heard of this before, would be my 3DS.

I was suckered into buying it simply because it was a Nintendo thing, if it had been a Microsoft or Sony portable then I likely would have given it time to come down in price before thinking about it. If i'm going to take a portable out then i'm more likely to take one of the 'out of date' ones, the 3DS honestly feels as though I can't take it out in case it gets damaged and sinks that large sum of money down the drain.

Lesson learnt though. Next time i'll wait for some actual games to come out.

Big Octo

=^)
I'm too lazy to buy any more retail games for my 3DS, and the NES ambassador games get boring very fast. Though when the GBA ambassador games come out, I'm sure I'll be glued to it 24/7.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
OHGOD all the time.
its annoying really. after a while, you forget why you even had it. and than it starts to take up space and whatnot.... and than you rage everywhere cuz you dont remember why you have it

sikora360

TetraForce FTW
I bought rhythm heaven for DS. Its so frustrating, I have no rhythm what so ever. I'm up to tier 2. I cant be ****ed playing any more.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I tend to only spend money on things which I'm absolutely sure I will use since I never have money to spend. I prefer to do research on anything I buy. When I was little I made a couple impulse video game purchases which resulted in seldom plays, and I also requested toys for my birthday & Christmas which I hardly ever played with. Now this happens to me pretty much only when I buy clothes and accessories that I never end up wearing more than once or twice. (Fortunately this is not a frequent occurrence.)

Although there's actually a video game I bought just a couple years ago which is still in plastic wrap solely because I never found the time to play it. It's a PS1 greatest hits version of FF8, and now I would almost feel guilty opening it because it's still factory sealed. I think I might just buy another copy. :P

Jedizora

:right:
Yes. I have tons of stuff like that. But I keep it because I might need it one day.I'm not a hoarder though. Trust me.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Mainly the stuff I have that I don't ever use is board games and other game adn puzzle stuff. My brother, however, will sit in a store for 50 minutes, saying "that's a really cool shirt, but I know I'm never going to wear it," then he'll convince himself to buy it, as soon as we walk out he says "I should return it, I don't think it's my size/ I'm not going to wear it/ it's too expensive," and then it sits in his closet for a year. Yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom