• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

You Know That Feeling You Get...

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
You know that feeling you get when you're falling? It's sort of like a rising tickle in your gut? You get the same feeling on roller coasters, and even in your dreams.

Well, does anyone ever get that feeling when playing video games? I don't mean randomly. I mean, like, if you're playing a game, and your character falls from a really high altitude, do you ever get that feeling? I do.

I've got friends who get dizzy from video games, like if your character spins around too much, but I've never gotten that, but I get that falling feeling.
Weird?

Amelie

Air Dancer
I get seizures and dizziness from some games or flashing graphical lights. As for that feeling... I get it.. but not really in my gut.. Im not going to say where.. but I dont get it from games.. I get it from going down a steep hill when we are driving fast in a car. I have never been on a rollcoaster though so I dont know.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
I get seizures and dizziness from some games or flashing graphical lights. As for that feeling... I get it.. but not really in my gut.. Im not going to say where.. but I dont get it from games.. I get it from going down a steep hill when we are driving fast in a car. I have never been on a rollcoaster though so I dont know.
Oh, that's not fun. I have a friend who has a friend who seizures. I saw it once. It was scary.

I love roller coasters.

I get excited I guess. It's not exactly the feeling you get when falling 200 ft., but it's probably a good 100 ft drop. :)

Considering that I usually play all of my games on a tiny screen, I never get any of the feeling you describe. However, I do remember one time when I was playing Mario Kart Wii on a huge TV at a friend's house. All the jumps you do on the karts seemed much more real that way, if that's what you mean.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
The only time I've got that feeling was jumping from the highest point in Kakariko in Twilight Princess and falling all the way down the ground level. It wasn't much of the feeling, but that twittery-gut falling rollercoaster feeling was just starting when I hit the ground. I have a 46" LCD though, so the fact that it was pretty much filling my vision might have had something to do with it. I was surprised the game was able to trick my body like that though, so I tried it again, and it worked a 2nd time. It was pretty wild!

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Sounds a bit like vertigo which I've never really experienced but is not uncommon with 3D games, especially early 3D.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I believe I feel something when I´m falling down the massive waterfall in upper Zora Domain, the game is of course Twilight Princess :)

Everything that involved water felt "real" in that game I believe, good that is!

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Yes, that has actually happened to me before while playing a game. Only one time though. It was rather odd. I must have been truly immersed in the game.

Kybyrian

No, I don't get that feeling when I fall from a high altitude in a video game. It just happens to me in all of the occurrences that you mentioned, also sometimes while driving and you go up and down a hill. That's not often, though.

Guardian

The Chosen One
I don't get that feeling alot but when I do get that feeling it feels very good to me. xD

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
(sorry to revive an old thread :S)

The only game I've ever felt this was in Mirror's Edge for the 360... I get majorly dizzy playing that as well. But when Faith misses a jump, and starts plummiting off the side of a skyscraper (it's in 1st person view as well) I seriously feel like I'm falling too D:
And I miss jumps A LOT in that game. It's an odd feeling. xDD

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
My thumbs hurt when I push the game controllers buttons to much and I do get a quizzy feeling when I have played over 10 hours. But the feeling is not in my gut it is in my head like a headache.:nerd:>.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom