• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo You Can Play as Link in Super Mario Maker 2

Pretty cool, but they ****ed up the Spike enemies, their official name is Clubba. Considering they don't use clubs to attack anymore, I guess I can let it slide.

Nice that Link isn't just a skin change like the amiibo was. Maybe this is why the amiibo functionality wasn't included. Though it is disappointing that it's only available in SMB1

I don't like SMM2, don't even own it anymore, so none of this excited me.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
It's cool, and will give me an excuse to jump back into the game.

With all the functionality of Link, I hope they add more characters into the game with their skill set. I could easily see Samus or Mega Man getting thrown in as power-ups as well, and that could make for some neat levels.

We heard Zelda 1 overworld music play in the forest theme in the reveal trailer and we also hear it now in the desert theme:

Meanwhile, the underground theme has Zelda 1 dungeon music playing.

I'm curious if the division between overworld and dungeon music is between the main world and subworld or if it's dependent on the theme. For example, forest would always play the overworld music while underground would always play the dungeon music.

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I wonder why they went with the sprite they did. It just looks weird seeing a sprite like that in an 8-bit style, and it seems like a weird amalgamation of a bunch of different links.

Still I’m looking foreword to it, seeing as how “Zelda Maker” was a bit of a flop. Maybe it will give me a reason to actually put more than 4 hours towards a game I payed full price for and bought a NSO membership specifically for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom