• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

You as the opposite sex

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Seriously, I wonder what having a beard would be like. If I had the requisite testosterone, I'd grow one, just to see what it's like.

A beard is probably the best quality a man has. You can stroke the beard. You can chew on the beard (provided it's long enough). You can comb it, braid it, brush it, sift your fingers through it. You can do so many things with a beard that, while you probably can do with the hair on your head, is much more engrossing to do using the beard. I'm sorry, I don't mean to make you have a worse longing for a beard, but it's amazing. <3

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'd probably be the same as I am now, with most of the same friends, the same hobbies, the same job, the only difference might be my sexual preference. If I was born a girl then I'd probably like guys due to hormones (but you never know...) but if I somehow became a girl in the future I'd still be into girls.

What an awkward topic...

Being a female would be awesome yet not so awesome. If this was a temporary change i would enjoy it, if it wasn't i would go insane. If i was to become a female i would obviously do what Ventus would do, but then i would grow bored of that and get over that fantasy. Eventually i would grow depressed, because becoming the opposite sex is weird. I wouldn't know what to tell my friends or family, it would just become a huge mess in my opinion.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Ok so in this situation are we born the opposite gender or do we somehow become the opposite gender now? Because that would really change my answer.

If I was born a female, I can't really answer how I'd be, since so much of who I am today can be traced back to my masculinity, even the little stuff. I might not be that different, just with even longer hair (my hair already goes to my shoulders, I'd imagine it would run the full length of my back as a girl), a larger bust, still into videogames because I grew up in the country with nothing else to do, etc. Or I could be completely different, there's no way for me to tell. Societal pressures would be far different, I'd be looked at as even more unusual due to my affinity for mathematics and the sciences, and so on. I can't really answer that one wholeheartedly.

But if I was gender-swapped tomorrow, then I can give a better answer. I'd feel very, very weird. Knowing that inside I am actually a male, I would talk to people much differently. Since I'm assuming everybody else would think I'd always been a girl, I'd have to be more cautious about how I talk to other girls. My natural attraction to girls would still be there, so I'd be looked at as a lesbian. I'd be very freaked out by all the female-specific body issues I'd have to deal with. I'd juggle my jugs for a minute or two, just being honest, then get over it. It might be interesting to see the world from the perspective of females for a short while, but if the change was permanent I'd be doing everything in my power to return to my male body; it would drive me crazy to be forced into a gender I wasn't born into.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Do absolutely nothing different besides peeing standing up.

I mean, I already look like a chubby, male metalhead anyway considering I'm tall and wear baggy clothes. All that would look different would be the sudden lack of breasts and thundering cow-hips.

Dan

Buzzkill Mode: Activated

It's probably very unlikely you would spend your time looking at or touching yourself if you were the opposite gender. Do you spend a lot of time touching yourself as it is now? Why would that suddenly change if you were the opposite gender? The idea that you would look at yourself nude or touch yourself all the time comes from the fact that you are attracted to the opposite gender. It's like an extension of wanting to have a girl in your arms; if you were one you would hold yourself. But if you actually were the opposite gender then it's not just your body changing but your mind as well. Boys and girls think differently and don't call that sexist because, come on, it's true. If you were a girl then it's likely what you are attracted to would be different and so the idea of running your hands all over a female body may not be as enticing.

I use the modal of possibility there because I'm not going to rule it out entirely but if you were the opposite gender to what you are now the chances of you being totally different, personality-wise, are probably higher than you think. It's a more complex question than just "I'd be exactly the same but spend a lot more private time in front of the mirror."

No buzz killed, as the answer to your quest is yes. ;)

Anyway back to the thread, If I were a girl it would mean less time doing what a man does (cutting firewood, flexing muscles, working, lifting weights) and do more things a girl does, like being in a kitchen! From their I would make sandwiches for my husband that has a hard day, clean the dishes, and of course be an over-protective mother that blames everyone else but her child. :D

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I'd rejoice because I could finally cosplay as all the male characters I want to cosplay as without having to do something stupid with my hair, be able to cut my hair short without getting weird looks from people and comments about being "too boyish," I wouldn't have to worry about my mom whining at me for not acting like a girl, and I wouldn't have to deal with the annoying...girl stuff.

Also I wouldn't have to wear a bra ever and it would be brilliant.

As for sexuality, I'm interested in neither guys nor girls, so it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom