• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

Playtonic Games said:
Yooka and Laylee are back for a brand new adventure! Get ready for the ultimate challenge - the Impossible Lair! Capital B has created a Hivemind device and used it to enslave the toughest bees in tNintendo UK dhe Royal Stingdom - the Royal Beettalion Guard! Liberate them from chapters filled with only the tastiest 2D platforming trimmings, and take on a 3D overworld that contains a wealth of puzzles, secrets and some familiar faces! Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is coming to Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC in 2019. More information coming soon!

The duo who were meant to bring back 3D platforming collectathons go 2D for the sequel... hmm.

I actually like the look of this more than the first. The camera was the worst thing about the original so going 2D hopefully won't give us that problem.

I still need to get the first game, but i have I hopes of this being as good as the DK Country series.
That's a good comparison. We shall see if the old crew still have what it takes (ie Comparing to the SNES games).
I'm not saying Returns or Tropical Freeze as comparing them to the SNES games is just not a fair comparison at all.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Literally just finished playing the first one on Switch the day this got announced. I really liked it, not as a good as say Mario Odyssey, but it has its own quirks and charm. I can't really relate to all the issues everyone else had with the game at launch, but it's definitely a solid game today.

This one looks like it could be fun, though it is a bit jarring how it went from 3D to 2D side-scroller and top down perspective. Makes it seem like they consider the first one a total failure that they had to simplify the design and gameplay.

However, I do like how some people have been viewing it as a revisit of their work on Donkey Kong Country, which I think is the proper way to look at this, than a downgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom