• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Yet Another Timeline Thread

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
You are now in charge of reorganizing the Zelda timeline from the shambled mess it is now.
What will you do?
Make it into something more logical? or make it even worse?

For me I'm alright with most of it, but a few changes are a must

-----------------TWW-PH-ST-TFH
SS-MC-FS-OoT-MM-TP-FSA-BotW
------------------ALttP-LA-OoX-ALBW-LoZ-AoL

Triforce heroes has the toon Link style so I like it better being it's own game on the adult timeline. This would be different if they had chosen to keep the ALBW Link model.

I also liked the idea of ALttP and Oracle Link being different Links

So, is this like a thread where we can put the timeline in any order we want, regardless of evidence? First and foremost, if we're cleaning up lore, the most reasonable timeline would be putting them in chronological order of release. Mario's timeline is basically like that, despite how nonsensical the Mario universe's lore is.

Moving onto just ****ting on the Hyrule Historia's "canon" timeline, if we're going back to revising existing theories, I like the idea of a timeline split (though not quite a timeline split, rather one of location) occurring after The Wind Waker. In A Link to the Past, you learn from an adventurer turned into a tree in the Dark World that a wish granted by the triforce is undone when the one who made the wish is destroyed. So, Daphnes's wish to wash Hyrule away would be reverted when he drowned, right? More games could technically take place at the cite of Old Hyrule post-Wind Waker, when the Great Sea recedes. Downfall timeline is stupid, also. It encourages any and every other "what if" to have its own split and why that one specific "what if" is the only one with a split is ridiculous.

TWW--ALttP--LA--OoX--ALBW--LoZ--AoL--BotW
SS--OOT--TWW--PH--ST
OOT--MM--TP
SS--TMC--FS--FSA
TFH

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
*looks at user title*
you have served me well, friend

I've personally hated the DT ever since it was announced. My friends and I agree with BWWA about TFH. It fits better with the general aesthetic of ST than ALBW, and the "who knows where the other two came from" argument never sat right with me.

............./--WW/PH--ST--TFH
SS--OoT/MM--TP--MC--FS/FSA--ALttP/OoX/LA--ALBW--LoZ/AoL--BotW

I'm sure if the others were here, they'd ask me to specify exactly which version of each game they used. But they're not. So ha.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I never quite understood the hate for the canon timeline. It made sense to me, the only thing that I really would change is the placement of FSA. I would move that to the decay timeline, as it’s the only game in the series that takes place outside of that timeline that has ganons classic blue-pig design. As for the TFH thing I would honestly just remove that from the timeline altogether. It was a good enough game, but it would’ve been a lot better as a non-canon spin-off. I think the oracle games are placed perfectly as it is and I like how they are the same link as LttP. That way it makes sense at the end of a linked game when he leaves on a ship only to get shipwrecked in LA.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I never quite understood the hate for the canon timeline. It made sense to me, the only thing that I really would change is the placement of FSA. I would move that to the decay timeline, as it’s the only game in the series that takes place outside of that timeline that has ganons classic blue-pig design. As for the TFH thing I would honestly just remove that from the timeline altogether. It was a good enough game, but it would’ve been a lot better as a non-canon spin-off. I think the oracle games are placed perfectly as it is and I like how they are the same link as LttP. That way it makes sense at the end of a linked game when he leaves on a ship only to get shipwrecked in LA.
My biggest complaint is that The Downfall Timeline sounds like fanon. At least there are two endings to Ocarina of Time already (the Adult and Child endings). The Downfall Timeline is something not at all hinted at in-game, and so makes its inclusion really cheap. Even when they remade the game post-HH they didn't even add a reference to it, let alone actual connectvity.
There's also other minor stuff that was mentioned in HH and HE that are just bad, but relating to the timeline itself, and not the material around it, that's my personal biggest issue.

I'm fine with the official timeline.

But If I had to change it, I might move FS to after TP and before FSA. And If I get full control of it, I'd confirm that BotW is at the end of the DT.

I guess I’ll make mine.

—- WW-PH-ST—————————————|
|
SS-MC-OoT-MM—TP—FS—FSA—————————————|HW—-BotW
|
—- ALttP-LA-ALBW-TH-OoS/OoA-LoZ-AoL—|

I know that OoS/OoA comes after ALBW, but it makes more sense to me this way.
Hyrule Warriors is as much as a Spin-off as Breath of the Wild is at this point.
I moved MM right up to OoT since it’s that also makes sense.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Mine:
............--WW/PH--ST--TFH
........../
SS--OoT
..........\
............MM--TP--MC--FS/FSA--LttP/OoX/LA--ALBW--LoZ/AoL--BotW

I'm kinda wishy washy regarding the Four Swords Series (especially MC) because of just how weird all that is. Everything else I'm pretty solid on.
TFH is mostly put there because I feel like TFH fits the aesthetic of ST more than it does that of ALBW (asthetic as in world design, not art style).

Mine:
............--WW/PH--ST--TFH
........../
SS--OoT
..........\
............MM--TP--MC--FS/FSA--LttP/OoX/LA--ALBW--LoZ/AoL--BotW

I'm kinda wishy washy regarding the Four Swords Series (especially MC) because of just how weird all that is. Everything else I'm pretty solid on.
TFH is mostly put there because I feel like TFH fits the aesthetic of ST more than it does that of ALBW (asthetic as in world design, not art style).

That’s nice. But isn’t the Link in TFH confirmed to be the ALBW Link? I don’t know, I could be wrong.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
That’s nice. But isn’t the Link in TFH confirmed to be the ALBW Link? I don’t know, I could be wrong.
Only through Word of God, not in thr game itself. If you're making your own timeline anyways, you're already foregoing WoG, so no reason to worry about it.
Plus, the explanation is kinda BS anyways.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Only through Word of God, not in thr game itself. If you're making your own timeline anyways, you're already foregoing WoG, so no reason to worry about it.
Plus, the explanation is kinda BS anyways.

Well the traveling merchant in TFH does reference the fact that he knows you, and since he is the only character that is in both LBW and TFH it isn’t unreasonable to assume that these two links are one and the same. I know it’s not hard evidence, but I think it’s enough for me to say that it fits better where it currently is rather than after ST.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well the traveling merchant in TFH does reference the fact that he knows you, and since he is the only character that is in both LBW and TFH it isn’t unreasonable to assume that these two links are one and the same. I know it’s not hard evidence, but I think it’s enough for me to say that it fits better where it currently is rather than after ST.
It's not like the Zelda series hasn't used the same character designs before. It's much easier to just use the same model and deisgn as before - especially in a game so close to LBW. Do we know for sure that he's the same guy? Or is it just an assumotion based on his appearance?
Also, in TFH, Link is recognized as the chosen hero because of his looks. Most people ib Hytopia would probably be able to recognize him from sight alone because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom