• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Yet Another Timeline Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i looked into this last night. FSA should be after OoT, but FS/FSA link is the same, so putting them after OoT would create the Twinrova problem.
How does putting FS/FSA after OoT create theTwinrova problem? She's not presented in FS/FSA?

Just remembered: I checked out the developer quotes and one of them said that FSA ganon was different to OoT ganon (multiple ganon theory). The way i look at Demise's death speech, ganon will be reborn each time he is killed, so we can put FSA after one of ganon's three death games (TP/LoZ/WW), but connect it to FS.
Was there a problem with placing LoZ/AoL before OoT?

After SS, the Triforce was sealed in the sacred Realm, and remaind there until OoT. If you, like me, belive that SS-Gaepora and OoT-Kaepora Gaebora are the same, the sealing must happen rather quick after SS, if not LoZ/AoL can go inbetween

so, in the big picture, twinrova dies twice (OoX/OoT). Okay, here we go. What if we have in LttP, because ganon has minions in the light world; what if they resurrect twinrova, which allows her/them to be there in OoX?
It's possible, but we have nothing to support this.

SS-1st ganon born-LoZ/AoL-MC-OoT(knig would trust 2nd ganon as LoZ was centuries ago)/MM-LttP-OoX/LA-WW(2nd ganon dies)/PH(ST is anytime after in new hyrule)-FS/FSA(introduction of 3rd ganon, after flood has receded)-TP(death of 3rd ganon)

TP is really annoying to place. :(

By far the best linear-timeline i've seen in a while. FSA-TP doen't fit yet. Ganondorf the 3th is sealed in the Four sword, but in the Twilight realm in TP.

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
How does putting FS/FSA after OoT create theTwinrova problem? She's not presented in FS/FSA?
Sorry, got confused about FS/OoX.

After SS, the Triforce was sealed in the sacred Realm, and remaind there until OoT. If you, like me, belive that SS-Gaepora and OoT-Kaepora Gaebora are the same, the sealing must happen rather quick after SS, if not LoZ/AoL can go inbetween
why should the sealing happen so quickly, just because SS Gaepore is OoT KG?

It's possible, but we have nothing to support this.
I know. *sigh* I'll hunt around for a theory for a twinrova resurrection. If anyone can think of one, post it here.
Edit:
Twinrova in OoT said:
i'll come back to haunt you!
Twinrova also floats off into the air, but she/they don't explode into dust like the other bosses. Maybe this and the quote could suggest a natural resurrection for twinrova. Let me know what you think.

By far the best linear-timeline i've seen in a while. FSA-TP doen't fit yet. Ganondorf the 3th is sealed in the Four sword, but in the Twilight realm in TP.
Ah, of course, I forgot, sorry. Okay, we know the 4sword isn't a permanent solution, because vaati breaks out of it twice. Maybe the hyruleans realised this and sent ganon to be executed just to be safe. This could connect FSA and TP.

I'll keep thinking about the twinrova and FSA-TP things, but anyone is welcome to submit a solution.

Last edited:

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
Just realised about the latest timeline: the Master sword problem from WW-TP is still present.

New thinking: maybe 3rd ganon is born between OoT and LttP, while 2nd ganon is in the sacred realm. I'm thinking Demise's curse didn't expand to other realms, so it didn't register any ganon in the light world during the gap between OoT-LttP. This means the curse would cause a new ganon to be born. This ganon attacks hyrule, but is somehow stopped by the castle guards or whatever. He's sent off to be executed, but ends up in the twilight realm.

New timeline:

SS-1st Ganon born-LoZ(1st Ganon dies)/AoL-MC-OoT(2nd Ganon)-3rd Ganon born-TP(3rd Ganon dies)-LttP(2nd Ganon)-OoX(2nd Ganon)/LA-WW(2nd Ganon dies)/PH-(ST any time after)-flood recedes-FS/FSA(4th Ganon)

There's still the twinrova issue, but until i find a better solution, i think she has a natural resurrection of sorts ('i'll come back to haunt you')

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I really can't give any credence to your timeline theory. The official Nintendo timeline has been released. Eiji Aonuma endorses the timeline, it makes perfect chronological sense (even though it is a bit of a cop-out). Ultimately, the games are created by Nintendo. The games' plots are written by Nintendo staffers. If Nintendo releases an official timeline in a Legend of Zelda information book; and that information is endorsed by the man behind the series (Aounuma), then it's the real deal. The timeline has been released and even though the third split isn't easy to swallow, it's the real deal. Period.

Personally I don't find it that big of a deal. Yeah, Link getting defeated by Ganondorf is an obvious cop-out and kind of strange, but it does link all the games successfully and intelligently. It's just an alternate reality in the timeline based on the defeat of Link in OoT. It's not that bad.

I really can't give any credence to your timeline theory. The official Nintendo timeline has been released. Eiji Aonuma endorses the timeline, it makes perfect chronological sense (even though it is a bit of a cop-out). Ultimately, the games are created by Nintendo. The games' plots are written by Nintendo staffers. If Nintendo releases an official timeline in a Legend of Zelda information book; and that information is endorsed by the man behind the series (Aounuma), then it's the real deal. The timeline has been released and even though the third split isn't easy to swallow, it's the real deal. Period.

Personally I don't find it that big of a deal. Yeah, Link getting defeated by Ganondorf is an obvious cop-out and kind of strange, but it does link all the games successfully and intelligently. It's just an alternate reality in the timeline based on the defeat of Link in OoT. It's not that bad.

This, ten times over. I don't understand why people complain about the timeline and say it doesn't make any sense if it was endorsed by Eiji Aonuma himself.

Although I do disagree with you that the third split is a cop-out. If anything, it's an interesting new perspective that as not thought of by most gamers before.

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
This, ten times over. I don't understand why people complain about the timeline and say it doesn't make any sense if it was endorsed by Eiji Aonuma himself.

Although I do disagree with you that the third split is a cop-out. If anything, it's an interesting new perspective that as not thought of by most gamers before.

i don't care if it's official! i don't like the fact that time splits! i just doesn't. i understand that it's just a video game, but i really don't like it. i've said in my first post that this isn't the place to discuss the official timeline; this thread is purely to discuss a linear timeline. if you'rer here to say i shouldn't be making one without adding anythin to the discussion at hand, you are in the wrong place!

Djinn

and Tonic
It looks like this conversation is quickly moving into attacking territory. Plus it is not really a theory any longer when we actually have canon information on the subject to review at any time we wish. So before any more flames are made we will just stop this here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom