• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Yes! I finally bought it ...buuuut so disappointing!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No, this is NOT about the usual homeshopping crap. Did you ever want to have something so badly and when you finaly got it the item turned out to be something you did NOT like at all?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I can't think of anything super significant that I really wanted but turned out disliking. Most of my experiences with this ended up being with video games. I think the most notable was during the GameCube era I wanted Nicktoons Unite Battle for Volcano Island really badly for some reason. Once I got it, I ended up not caring for the game as much as I thought I would.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It's mostly when I buy things from Wish. Sometimes the item arrives and it's just not quite what the picture shows. I have gotten a lot of good things from there but I have also ordered a couple of items which I definitely did not end up wearing in the end.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
My grandma bought me a coffee mug where the handle was in the shape of a guitar as a birthday gift.

Problem is, the headstock on the mug prevented the mug from sitting level, so you couldn't be efficient in stacking your mugs.

She also bought me a pick punch for Christmas, and I have to say, with as much money as she spent on these useless knick-knacks, she could have bought a pack of picks, or strings, or spare cables, or a strap for the same amount of money, and it'd be something I'd use.

Just because one plays guitar for a living doesn't mean he wants guitar related everything. I'm sorry but guitar shaped anythings other than actual guitars aren't really all that useful.

I know she means well, and my grandma is sweet, but I don't find any uses for the things she buys for me as gifts.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I kind of had this feeling at the very start with Skyward Sword when it first came out. I was super hyped for its release and when I first got my hands on it my first impression was that I was disappointed at the look and feel of the game at the start. Thankfully the game grew on me more compared to my first impression and the disappointment didn't end up sticking around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom