• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Xinn's Spur-of-the-Moment Speedpaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Welp, I said I was gonna do Entei, and now I have done Entei:
shinyentei.png

Please excuse the horrid anatomy >_>

Bit of trivia about how I painted the shiny legendary beasts. Each was painted with a different organization method as sort of an experiment for myself. Suicune, first page first post, was painted with layers separated by light, so a layer for base color, a layer for medium shadows, a layer for dark shadows, a layer for light, etc. Raikou, somewhere on the second page, was painted with each color being it's own later and no layer separation between shadows and lights. Entei here was painted with only 2 layers, one for the shiny special effect, and one for everything else.

Entei was the hardest, since I had to be extra careful with everything on one layer. Raikou was the most organized, but also the most time consuming. Suicune, I'm NEVER using that sort of organization ever again >_>

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
So with SS info now all out, I've decided it's time to brush up on my lineart skills that I have been neglecting as of late. I've got another big portrait project I wanna work on now, and to keep myself motivated, I'mma post some WIP shots up until it's completion. This first part took ~45 min.
ZeldaSSWIP1.jpg

EDIT1: Lineart complete at about ~1 hr 30 min
ZeldaSSWIP2.jpg

EDIT2:Colors themselves took over an hr, so the total time now would prolly be something around ~2hr30 to 3hrs
ZeldaSSWIP3.jpg

EDIT3:If you look at my sig I think it's pretty obvious I'm done with the coloring, but I'm not done with the piece yet, so I'll save it for later. Shading took about an hour, full time so far ~4 hrs. That's less time than I had anticipated tbh, but she was a relatively simple design so it's not that surprising.

Last edited:

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Ahhh, Xinnamin, these are all so beautiful! ;u; I absolutely love your shading style, very natural and very bright and cheerful!
You draw Pokemon really well and you have a knack for poses as well. Keep up the good work! :3

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Gah, the Zelda one looks incredible. I love her design in this game, you draw her amazing. The only thing I can really say is, draw more.

Anubis

The most inactive active
Whow! These are epic Xinn! :3 My favourites are probably the trio of Entei, Raikou and Suicune.
I can also see that you've improved alot since Atsumas 'pirate-ish' story! :> I hope to see more as soon as possible. :p

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
ZeldaSSfinal.png

And lo, she is complete. ~4.5 hrs total, after adding in BG and textures. Sort of a faded portrait kind of look since SS is supposed to be really early or first in timeline. I had fun with this, I don't normally change the color of the lineart or play around with textures too much but those are really simple steps that make a huge difference. The actual size of the image is ~1500 x 2100, which is huge, so this is like...at about 40% the size of the real thing, but I think it's still big enough XP

EDIT: As an extra, and I threw this together in ~15 min: HAPPY PENGUIN DUDE (from SS trailer)
attachment.php

EDIT2: As a request from Random Person, I made a cel shaded version as well, just to see what it would look like. No textures or BG on this one, just a coloring exercise. I have to say, cel shading is really hard for me. She's very bright and Eastery now XD
ZeldaSScellshading.png

Last edited:

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Xinn I lovez these I reall like the Pokemon and Zelda one from SS Good job and I like to see more

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
Do you take requests? Because I have several pokemon that i would like to see drawn. These are incredible and fun to look at. Whimsicott was the favorite of mine.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
So I originally had this idea for the RDC, which has its current theme as draw Link in some kind of trouble, but then I realized it was OoT themed as well, and that kinda killed the OoX based idea I had -_-
Nonetheless, it was too good an idea to pass up, soooooooo...
zolhug.jpg

I drew it anyways =D

I...need to learn to draw facial expressions properly. I still fail at that. Had to redo Link's face 3 times and it still doesn't look right. Oh well.

If I get my scanner working, I may post something slightly more original than fanart soon, we'll see.

Do you take requests? Because I have several pokemon that i would like to see drawn. These are incredible and fun to look at. Whimsicott was the favorite of mine.
I do take requests actually, though I may not accept all of them depending on what is being asked and how much other stuff I have to get done at the time of the request. I have an entire album worth of requests though, so I do actually draw most of them ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom