• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Ugh, exploring 20% of noctilum is a massive pain. I'm level 25 but it feels like everywhere I turn theres a bloody 40-50+ level indigen kicking about ready to take me out.

The only way I've managed to get to the 12% I'm on is to run right by them, hope I'm not spotted, slam down a probe and fast travel out of dodge. I'm grinding in a place that has similar levelled beasties but ugh.... Such a hassle. I can't just explore and have enemies just raise slowly in level, its hard to know if you're supposed to be in a place when level 40s are chilling with level 20s

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I just got the game last night(hopefully it's finished downloading) and am really just wondering, as someone who's never played a game on the series, what am I getting into?

I just got the game last night(hopefully it's finished downloading) and am really just wondering, as someone who's never played a game on the series, what am I getting into?
A looong game.

It takes some getting used to but you'll be fine. The story doesn't carry over from any other game in the series, everything is fresh so you're not missing anything

The game doesn't have any ingame tutorials so you have to self teach or refer to the manual. I've put 30hours in and in still learning stuff that I could have read the manual for

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Ok. So apparently I can't download Xenoblade Chronicles X because the Wii U doesn't want to keep my terabyte hard drive powered. And you can't use a SD card for extra storage.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
I've been playing it on and off when I have free time. I don't feel like this is a game I just sit down to and play for 30 minutes before I need to do something else, which is good and bad. I haven't had much difficulty with it past level 10 or so once I finally figured everything out. Combat is fairly straightforward once you get the hang of it, and if you equip you and your party properly you can deal with enemies 5-10 levels higher than you without much issue. It's good so far though, I hope I have the motivation to finish it one day.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Ok, at the end boss, easily the worst fight of the entire game. I'm not going to spoil anything, but here are some things that you need to do before entering the final area, because unless you reset the system, there's no going back, and if you happen to lose your skell, you cannot retreat to the barracks or something like that. I thought they would put some terminals in to manage shops or something in case you lose to the final boss (but what are the odds?), but they don't. Here's what you gotta do to avoid constantly getting pounded at the end(no major spoilers):

-Have a full team of skells (preferably medium or heavy, because they have a lot of health).
-Each Skell must be decked out in full gear to help defeat the boss.
-Each member must be AT LEAST level 45 (Final Boss starts at level 50, but if you choose to weaken the final boss, the level drops to 45).
-Keep in mind that the final boss has broken moves and resistances:
-Final Boss is not taunted easily, it may take a few tries
-Final Boss can be binded, but not toppled (at least, not in the 10 attempts I made at him)
-Final Boss has a move that topples the entire team instantly, regardless if they're in skells or not
-Final Boss has a ranged move that continually causes the target to flinch (like the Gatling Gun on a Skell)
-Final Boss has a type of shield move that reflects all damage onto the attacker, but does grant them TP
-And that's just phase 1. There's 5 phases.

Last edited:
A very indepth but very fun game. This game is not a quick hit of fun, like a Super Mario level. Everything in XCX is earnt the hard way. The sense of accomplishment knowing you have earnt everything is amazing. It's really fun. Just don't expect a linear story based game like XC or theZelda games. XCX is nothing like that. XCX is an explore the planet game. Exploration is the main thing to do in the game. The story quests just slot neatly into the exploration. Come with an open mind and you will find (in my opinion) the best WiiU game ever.

I will say you can't reult explore Mira till Chapter 4, so if you want to just stick to the story till then, that's cool. I didn't and was hit with the "you can't explore yet messages". But thankfully it's not too long till you hit chapter 4 then you can explore all over Mira.

The game doesn't have any ingame tutorials
Actually the game does have in game tutorials. They are not the standard type of tutorial though. The game does teach you the basics, so that's ok. But there is a lot beyond the basics which the game does not cover all that well, well the digital instruction manual does but the game itself does not.

Reactions: Fig

Salem

SICK
Ok. So apparently I can't download Xenoblade Chronicles X because the Wii U doesn't want to keep my terabyte hard drive powered. And you can't use a SD card for extra storage.
You can either use a Y-cable or its own power supply.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Bloody noctilum! Aaaaach!
Wait until you get to Sylvallum. There are like a million hidden enemies just waiting to ambush you; thread lightly there. It's the one place that I dread going back to so much that even my full Skell team won't last more than an hour without losing at least one of them.

Wait until you get to Sylvallum. There are like a million hidden enemies just waiting to ambush you; thread lightly there. It's the one place that I dread going back to so much that even my full Skell team won't last more than an hour without losing at least one of them.

Ugh. The whole game has been like that so far. Never really felt free to roam because suddenly level 50-90!

Sooo annoying.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I finally did it. Took me 80 hours, but I finally did it.
Beat the game. I'll post my thoughts on the ending below with little to no spoilers. Here ya go:

It sucked. Hard. I'll give that ending a 1/5. They change a lot of things that should've have been changed (which it's their game, so they can do whatever they want, but that doesn't mean it would be good), they don't let you CHOOSE if you agree with a certain thing or not, which I wouldn't have a problem with if they hadn't let you make choices the entire game. The boss battles were drawn out and unfair (I advise you're at least to level 50, and also at full power, including Skell fuel). And there's a after credits scene that ruins it even further.
Truly one of the worst endings that this game could've had. It's almost game-breaking, for me, at least. Who knows, maybe I'm just overreacting, but this is about as far from the ending I wanted that it can be. I'm sorry, guys. But hey, other than the ending, this game is one of the best games of the year (despite the pop-in)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom