• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Wow, that is very impressive. Reminds me of how some insane person discovered you can get all the way to the final boss fight of the original LOZ without getting the sword. Turns out you only need the sword to finish him and rescue Zelda
Thanks so much. :) I just thought this would be fun. For me it was. I think there is a few more normal quests I can do though In Chaptewr 4. I'll check.

One thing you can do a lot of in Xenoblade Chronicles X is mountain climbing while on foot. There is so many rock faces that are not sheer cliffs. You can jump/run up them. Some of them take pretty precise jumps though. The hard part is not making the jumps. The hard part is not running off the higher part after you jumped to it. You often have to fast run then jump to make it. But stopping when fast running is not instant. You have the delay/skid. This delay makes some of the jumps tough as you often tun off the upper part before you stop there and fall down the otherside. It is mostly achievable though with a little persistence Doing this helps a lot to access new areas and avoid higher level things that you can't kill yet. You can also jump on many of the plants/trees on Mira too. I've not found that to be useful (apart from the obvious massive ones in Noctilum.) These smaller plants just get you to higher areas, that have other much easier paths that get you to the same points much easier.

Sometimes I had to accept defeat as flying skells are jsut required for some areas. Only once did I fond an area (in Cauldros) that was 100% enemy blocked (with things that need a beefy Skell to remove). A few of the yellow box obtainables (with field skills) are surrounded with a few too many higher level enemies though. This is an issue at my character level, mostly. At level 45 or 50, most of this issue would vanish as I'd just kill most of everything in my way.

Yeah it's not too hard to get to Ganon in Zelda1 without the sword. You just need to get the wand as early as possible, spend ages saving up rupees for the bow and get really good at killing things with bombs so you do not waste any. You have to sword stab Gannon to make him eventually turn brown for the one Silver Arrow hit. So yeah as you know that's it. I found it online a few years back and tried it for myself. I just followed an online guide on how to do it. I've never tried it on 2nd Quest though. I assume it would still be possible to make it to Ganon without the sword there too.

Last edited:
Pretty sick of the way tho game is treating me now. 30hours in level 28, no skell

I'm sick of being gated, I'm sick of having things drop in or rise up and decimate me when I'm looking for a way forward on quests nearly tens of levels lower than I am....

The classes are no fun, I'm trying to max them but they're mostly boring and some of the are unwieldy if only for the camera when your character starts sliding under enemies.

I also know spoilers for the story which has made me revaluate my party which means I now have to level up a new member and levelling up is such an arduous task in this game.

I haven't even been marathoning it, so its not like I have burn out its just... Uuuuugh, be more interesting and less irritating.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
someone please help me. i'm 47 hours in and stuck. I got my skell. its registered in my barracks, but its not in garage and its wont appear when i select the "return to skell" option outside. Any idea what I need to do?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
someone please help me. i'm 47 hours in and stuck. I got my skell. its registered in my barracks, but its not in garage and its wont appear when i select the "return to skell" option outside. Any idea what I need to do?
What level are you? The required ranking is level 30 or above, so I'd imagine this might have something to do with it. If not then don't worry; we'll get your Skell back yet.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Im 28. Does that mean it took mine away?
No, this just means that you'll have to hike it out on foot until you reach level 30... I vaguely recall not being able to use the Return to Skell option until I hit 30, too. This is really unfair for unsuspecting players who were gung ho about boarding their mechs for the first time. But thankfully you aren't too far off; Primordia or Oblivia would be good places to level up at this point. But when you reach your goal, the Skell will be in the Barracks waiting for you.

Additionally, there are much better Skell frames up for purchase in Armory Alley. Make sure to check there later on when you need an upgrade, or look to provide Skells for your whole team.

I kind of suspected this as I don't have skells yet but the skell frames only started out at level 30. I just assumed you could only use a skell frame that you were of equal of better level than. Ie you need to be character level 50 to use a level 50 skell frame. I am surprised actually that the skell licence quests are not set to required character level 30 to access.

Also it's not that hard to level to 30. I am level 37 now and still in chapter 4 (my choice as I ahve mentioned above). Just keep upping your exploration rate of each continent/NLA zone and you're character level and Blade division level will keep going up. I have never felt like I was grinding just to up my character level. I was always doing something else and the character levels just came with as an added bonus.

Also something else I noticed. I think you do not need a skell to get all of the toy Red Lobsters in NLA. I can't prove my theory just yet as I need to progress the story to get access to the NLA space ship for the remaining red lobsters in the first 50. Then I'll have access to the 2nd lot of 49 of them. Every one in the first 50 that is not in the NLA spaceship I have gotten without a skell. Going by the looks of things, I think I only need the NLA space ship to arrive (later in the story) to get the rest.

But there is also this - I'll put it in a spoiler for those who do not want to be spoiled.

It's actually a person and you have to fight their skell. I would take a wild guess and say this battle is too hard on foot and would require a powerful skell.
I will certainly try this fight without a skell just to see how close I can get to winning the battle on foot

Last edited:

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
You do need a skell to get them all. At least, that's what they tell you when you get the mission.

I've also stopped playing at lv46. Such a good game, but I just don't feel like playing right now, especially after I beat it. Then again, I pretty much binged on the game when I got it, putting well over 65 hours in the first week I got it. I'm over 80 hours now, and just feel a little burned out.

You do need a skell to get them all. At least, that's what they tell you when you get the mission.
Well we shall see how many I can get without a skell. That could be a while yet as I want to do more % discovery before starting chapter 4 quests.

I just did 100% of the Primordia collectapedia. And on Saturday (or maybe Friday night if I am not too tired) I'll do the other cinstinents colelctapedias more. I don't play XCX wednesday and thurdsay nights because too tired from work and other things to do.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I recruited Boze, but now he won't appear anywhere. I read he's supposed to appear on West Melville street, but he never shows up there. Anyone know where'd he'd be? I want to do his next affinity mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom