• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Night Owl

~Momentai
Just completed chapter 5. Interesting stuff going on. I like how it has intensified things.

Want my skell though and want to be a higher level but thats nothing new.

I need to figure out how to equip my augments. I dont want to change my class either. I'm good with samurai gunner.
To equip augments you need to go like you would to manage ground gear. While you are on the screen that shows all the gear the character has equipped, you hit the x button while the piece of gear you want to augment is highlighted. Manage augments should be the top of that sub-menu.
The gear needs an empty slot for an augment to be equipped. (just figured it out today myself)

I've completed chapter 6, I've invested about 46 hours into the game.
I just acquired my skell, spent some time playing in NLA before quitting.

I also figured out how to modify my avatar. (@Call me Kenshin you might be happy to hear this part)
You need to complete the mission "House of Cards". It should be available during or just after chapter 5 (There may be a prerequisite mission by Yardley I don't remember)
Then you can access a repaired stasis pod under the administrative district and can totally redesign your avatar without losing any stats. (You can even change your gender)

Right now I'm more or less taking the classes one branch at a time.
I've already mastered duelist, now I'm working on enforcer so I can try the branch with the photon sabers. I've been doing the class melee heavy with my longsword instead of the class default, the knife.

Last edited:
I just got Dualist rank 10 and thus mastered the longsword. So I am using the longsword and all of it's arts to master all the other classes.
The only thing I miss is not being able to use arts of mastered weapons, with other weapons. Having arts locked to a specific weapon is limiting. In an ideal world I'd like to use a laser sword with all the logsword arts. This is not possible in XCX though.

So far I am 49 hours in. Level 24. Still Chapter 4 cause I want to explore first. I have unlocked Hope to put into my party though. Getting her was not too hard. I did have to run all the way accross Oblivia. But you can avoid most things and outrun the few things you can't avoid. It's not too hard. The quest kills are like level 13 each. Easy, Almost everything else was way over my level so I just avoided it all. I have about half the Oblivia probes placed. Actually I have 4 of the continents filled (half or more) with probes. I only have not done Sylvanus because I have not been there apart from stepping foot there and placing one probe there for a quick travel point. I will visit there later.
So far I have only found 1x level 5 FN site. It is is Promordia surprisingly. I could not use it obviously . . . well not yet.

I am hitting my current Miranum cap though (cap as in running out of things to spend it on). I have one of the 2 AM's levelled to 5 (the current maximum). The 2nd one is almost at level 5 now. After that, I have no idea what to spend miranium on till I get more AMs and a skell (ie fuel).

Last edited:
I wish there was a way to set the battle music like in Hyrule Warriors. I love the battle theme 'Uncontrollable' I pick fights with tyrants just to hear it when I fight.

I was also gonna edit my avatar but I've spent so long with her now I cant bring myself to make her over.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
now I'm working on enforcer so I can try the branch with the photon sabers.
GOOD, GOOD...
57987924.jpg

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
73 hours in. Level 41. Mechanical level 4, so every data post I can get, I have (excluding Cauldros, barely touched it). Full party of Skells with flight module. Duelist class complete (love the longsword). About to start chapter 11 soon.

This game has drastically exceeded my expectations so far.

I haven't played it enough, the combat confused me.

Is it okay to play it without playing the original one the Wii?

Don't worry, the combat confused me too for a while. It was weird at first that you don't have to make contact to actually hurt the enemy.

You dont need to play xeno wii, the only things you'll miss out on are slight references like Lin's hairclips being the Manado sword, nothing substantial.

Salem

SICK
Don't worry, the combat confused me too for a while. It was weird at first that you don't have to make contact to actually hurt the enemy.

You dont need to play xeno wii, the only things you'll miss out on are slight references like Lin's hairclips being the Manado sword, nothing substantial.
Thanks.:)

Actually I remembered something else, I think the text is too small, it's hard to read sometimes, not the subtitles but the instructions, like the stuff that says what button does what, is it actually too small or what?

Thanks.:)

Actually I remembered something else, I think the text is too small, it's hard to read sometimes, not the subtitles but the instructions, like the stuff that says what button does what, is it actually too small or what?

It is a lil too small sometimes, I don't have much of a problem with it but my tv is huge,l. Some menus like the soul voices and slots for augments are pretty small though.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
To a new player in the series the combat system might come off as confusing, but the game gives you ample time to grow accustomed to it. If you'll notice each attack icon (or "art" in-game) is color coded so as to represent certain repercussions. Loosely translated, yellow is a multi-attack (hits multiple enemies), red is a regular attack, green is a buff, blue is an aura, and purple is a stun/sleep action. I might be wrong on some of those because the various classes have different arts, but that's pretty much what it boils down to. Also, be on the lookout for a "B" flashing across the screen; that quick-time event triggers your Soul Voice which lets your party deal extra damage and heal themselves, among other boosts.

It really helped me to overcome the learning curve by playing the original, but it's not a necessity. X can easily make you self-taught by putting time into your class and fleshing out strategic advantages in battle. The opening region of Primordia is nearly perfect to practice in, although you have to constantly watch out for higher level indigens. If you need assistance with anything, feel free to ask.

Yeah that's definitely a problem for some people, but if I had to guess MonolithSoft kept it that way so that it wouldn't overload the screen. There's a whole options page dedicated to enabling/disabling some of the on-screen features (minimap, button info, etc.), so they must have realized how annoying it could be. However I know that some people enjoy playing on the GamePad, which is severely smaller than a regular TV screen. In that case, they could have added in an option that lets you adjust the size of the text.

Is it okay to play it without playing the original one the Wii?
That is totally fine. XCX is only a spiritual sucessor. The story of the two games are not linked in any way.
Also the combat takes a while to get, but it is worth persisting with. At it's core it is just like any modern MMO, like World of Warcraft. Automatic auto attacks then you have abilities (arts) you use that each have different cooldowns to reuse them. If you just level up and play the game, you'll slowly get it. There is more to it than that, but for most basic creatures around your current level you can get away without knowing anymore. Slow you will learn more. It's a very fun and rewarding experience if you stick with it.

You can explore a lot on foot before you get the skells. I am yet to get a skell and I've put down many many probes in 4/5 continents. The 5th one (sylvanium) I am yet to explore, but I will soon. You can get past most enemies and you can go mountain climbing. Primordia and Oblivia are great places to do this. If a rock face looks like it has enough bumps and ridges to climb up, a lot of the time you can. You can also run up all but the most vertical of rock walls too. Just rememver you have to fast run to make some of the rock to rock jumps. That's pressing the left stick in till it clicks.

Here is a little exploration tip for new players to the game. I will help them a lot. About when to start exploring.
You can only truly explore Mira at the start of story chapter 4. Before that you are limited to a percentage of Primordia. It takes a while (but not ages) to get to Chapter 4 but it's so worth it.

I would recommend though, taking a quick look through the instruction booklet. Digital and comes with the game. About 50 pages I think. It explains a lot.
One thing it does not describe but is useful to know is this:
When you see a yellow :) face and go near it (or randomly) the game can tell you XX area is updated. This means a specific hexagon in an areas (one of the 5 continents or 6 NLA areas) gets a tick. If a hexagon has a tick, that means all the specific info about how to expplore and complete that hexagon is there now if you tap that hexagon on the map. When you do all the requitements for a sepcific hexagon, a yellow shield appears there. That yellow shield means hexagon fully completed and explored. Also on the map screen when an area says new, it just means you have ticked hesagons you have not looked at yet. These hexagons will say new too till you look at them.

There is only one main task to do in each hexagon. This makes it easier to find affinity and normal quests. You do not have to hunt around for them in an area and not know how many are left in an area to do like XC. In XCX you don't know what each hexagon requires you to do initially but you know when it's done and don't have more to do in that hexagon. The 4 initial areas, 5th yet to be constructed area of which you will learn more of later in the story and the Blade Barracks each all have their own hexagons and discovery percentage.

Yeah that's definitely a problem for some people, but if I had to guess MonolithSoft kept it that way so that it wouldn't overload the screen. There's a whole options page dedicated to enabling/disabling some of the on-screen features (minimap, button info, etc.), so they must have realized how annoying it could be. However I know that some people enjoy playing on the GamePad, which is severely smaller than a regular TV screen. In that case, they could have added in an option that lets you adjust the size of the text.
I agree totally. It's a little hard to read at times.

For me I play the game almostly entirely with the pro controller. I just keep the gamepad next to me for it's map features. I use the map a lot though. It's great to quick travel, deal with nodes and see what objectives each hexagon has. The only thing I miss from XC is the ability to time warp at any time any place in the game. In saying that, I have not felt the need to much. In XC I time warped all the time to find people and beasts that only show up at a different time of the day. In XCX most things apprear all day and all night so there's little need to time warp. Actually waiting the time out and not time warping it could be potentially better as your probes could pay up their daily earnings in the meantime.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Man, seriously didn't think I'd like the story as much as I do. Started chapter 11 earlier today. Sure, there were a few dumb parts in it, but it's still very compelling. The story chapters compliment the affinity and regular missions(I call them 'grinding quests') well.

I'd like to temporarily somewhat retract my previous statement about Tatsu. Now that I've taken a break from the main story for quite a while, I'm actually finding him kind of endearing as far as his role in some of the affinity missions go. They've really cut it with the stupid food jokes, and he has a kind of important role in some of them; I just got done with the mission that opens up the Nopon shopping branch, and it made sense that Tatsu would be the one that formed the alliance between the Nopon merchants and the New LA humans. It was also nice to see his family and get some backstory on his mother and father.

I'm definitely going to reserve the right to start hating him again, but as of right now, I'm glad he's along for the ride in the long run. He's officially out of the tier of "Jar Jar Binks" style disaster for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom