• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
@Cody Let's say you are right, than you'd realize like I have by now that lynching either the Mafioso or the Serial Killer screws over the town in the end. Let's say we lynch Linkdude and he is a Serial Killer, we'd be handing the game over to the Mafioso to win because one of us will be shot in the next Night, the next day a lynch can't be reached with only 2 people in the game so automatically another night phase would take place in which the last of us who remains will get nightkilled.

The same scenario will take place if we lynch the Mafioso, we're handing the game over to @Linkdude74 to win assuming he is the Serial Killer.

So if you are telling the truth Cody than Linkdude is the SK, and @Blackkirby must be the remaining Mafioso. Who do we lynch? Strategically our best move is to lynch one of ourselves so that the SK and the Mafioso will have to target each other in the night, that would be the only chance we have to win the game for the town. I don't think you want to be lynched so I'm perfectly fine for volunteering to sacrifice myself for the town. Maybe lynching me is the best move?

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
Sure, that might be the best option for the town.

Vote: Spiritual Mask Salesman

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
There are two players guaranteed to lose if this plan goes through. The serial Killer and the last mafia. If Linkdude74 and Blackkirby don't come in to vote for it I think we've caught our last two.

One more reiterating of where we're at:

Cody:
-Claims an investigative role, backs it up with fact that it's proven that we had a Mafia Framer whose only purpose is to mislead cops, and yet we haven't seen a cop (literally the most common type of mafia role alongside doctor and godfather) in the game.
He other proof is the fact that I'm willing to help push through this plan.

SMS:
-Claims to have stolen the powers of an earlier user. My only suspicion there is that it's something easy to claim, but while it could still be faked it seems to have some use so far so I trust SMS the most of the remaining players.

Linkdude74:
-One of the two remaining killers. Claims vig, though night explanation suggests there is no vig.

Mellow Ezlo / Blackkirby (I haven't really covered him yet)
- Maybe I'm being cynical, but there's no better way to sneak through a game as Mafia than to claim inactivity. Without voting there's no voting record to analyse and nobody can pin anything on you - that kind of attitude doesn't make sense for Town but makes perfect sense for mafia/SK.
-Several people suggested he was a killer previously in the thread, that never got fully chased down
-Until we took the last couple of days to talk, he was about to sneak right through. Because I'm a more prominent personality, Linkdude74 believed me to be the other killer, meaning that an exchange in the night would have left him standing there alone.
-Omly one who hasn't claimed something. SMS and myself have claimed something that can be backed up with facts, Linkdude74 claimed vig, and we know nothing about Blackkirby. Even worse, Blackkirby can now come in and say anything and with no posting record or voting record can basically just say whatever.

You were wondering about my reads @Linkdude74 so yes I think that's the last two killers.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Spiritual Mask Salesman (2) - Cody, Spiritual Mask Salesman

Day 5 ends on Friday, August 14th, at 8:00 PM CST. With 4 players alive, it takes 3 for a majority vote.

---

If the last Mafia member survives until Day 6, then yes, that technically means they would win by default since there are no longer any overwhelming numbers to oppose them.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
My main concern with sacrificing myself is that we've seen the cult leader die but haven't seen his follower mentioned in the night 1 death post yet (night 1 mentions the cult leader abducting a blonde girl, probably fiora), so the town might lose if I die and then the killers kill each other and a cultist is left alive.

Honestly we just need some commitment from @Linkdude74. If he doesn't agree to this we could easily go into a no lynch which is worst case scenario for him assuming he's the last mafia left alone with a serial killer.

We're also stuck in a position where we can't push through a lynch unless someone votes for themselves, because our replacement player refuses to play and it's the only way we can get a majority lynch.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
Actually thinking about it in the absence of a fourth player to make majority lynches happen I'd be happy for a no lynch. It means the killers would take each other out and if there's one town and one cultist remaining it would be a win for both.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
Unvote
Vote: Linkdude74

Honestly I think he's still the best lynch option (if we're overthinking it and there's only one killer left like the GM suggests then we've caught him) but can't do anything with the last player afk.

@Blackkirby Have you had the chance to read through? It's been a few days and the deadline is tonight I believe.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
I think we have around 8 hours? If Blackkirby doesn't show up in around 5 to give us time to discuss we're probably left without a choice.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
Unvote

Just wanted to point my finger of suspicion. All we can do now is wait to see if blackkirby shows up.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Right when I was about to vote too. :P I'm starting to get tired of the lack of blackkirby. Also do we need majority? I thought any number could lynch still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom