• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenforo 2 Upgrade Suggestions & Feedback

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Is there a way for the 'top chatter'feature in the new SB to be disabled?

There's been concern raised about pressure to perform, that it is a distraction and encourages spamming in the SB.

Yeah fully agree with this, i don't see the point in Top Chatter, already theres spam and the like, and some people are treating it as a comp already. It's not overly fun

Expand truncated sub-forums so we don't have to excessively click to access things like Trash in The Office.
Done. uwu

The text above different areas, like Members online, recent posts, etc... can barely be seen on the Dungeon v.22 theme. I'm using it over the others because it more closely resembles the look of the previous version of it.
This will be part of fixing the palette distribution when I get to it sometime in the next week.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Is it possible to make the SB slightly smaller or have the option to temporarily opt out of it when we don't want to see it? It's not a big deal, but it does take up almost a whole page by itself.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
> Disable Mafia, RP, and Gaming threads from showing up in the SB.
Done! @Mamono101

> Featured Threads needs to go in the sidebar, not *above* the Shoutbox.
They work weird in the sidebar so I moved it below the shoutbox. @Terminus

> If there's a way for boards to be marked as read by double clicking the board icon like how it was on XF1, that'd be nice, but it's not urgent or anything. @Satan @Mamono101
Done!

I know there are many suggestions above I haven't got to yet so please be patient as these can take a bit of time.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
@Jimmu I'm able to view reports as well as a moderator tools menu. Might have something to do with the Forum Volunteers perms getting carried over.

I've a suggestion: The shoutbox in front page is fine but shoutbox in https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/chat/ should be wider. Especially in vertical direction. The extra features it now has, take space. There's way too little entries showing at the same time. I constantly keep scrolling down to see what others texted if I'm just a sec away. It would be nice to have a much larger window if I want to chat. Now it feels tedious due to its small size.

I'd say yes, larger than that. But let's see what others think as I my opinion might not be the most popular.
This is how it looks to me:
FjWyywD.png

There are about 10 entries at the same time which I find way too little. Especially if there are lots of people at the same time, then chatting feels tedious. It would be better if chat box would contain more entries IMO.

I can try to find from some other forum an example.

edit chat looks good now after I did the modification that Jimmu suggested (see chat's settings). Changes are minor but still they make chatting much more comfortable. Thank you Jimmu for your efforts to make forum usable. Very much appreciated!

Last edited:

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Is there a way we could hide the Twitter section if we don't want to see it? That part is bigger than the "latest posts section", which I would much rather see more of since it relates to the forums whereas the twitter doesn't.

On the old forum you could mouse hover over the alerts to see them. Now you have to click the alert icon to open a new window to see your alerts. A decent quality of life feature not in the new forums. A feature many people (myself inclided used a lot).

Last edited:

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I think the only feature I've seen lost that hasn't been brought up is the old feature we had that let you hide user's signatures if you don't want to view them. If it's already been brought up, my apologies, but I figured I'd point it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom