• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past "XD" Moments In Zelda

HappyMaskSlsman

Smilus Creepus
I am currently towards the end of a playthrough of A Link to the Past (as in, I'm right outside Ganon's tower) (Yes, it is on the SNES). From the beginning of the playthrough (started several days ago), I decided, for efficiency's sake, that I would complete a certain number of dungeons/gain a certain number of items each day. Yesterday, I was making excellent progress through Turtle Rock. I realized that the dungeon would soon be completed. After a short number of enemy encounters, and even shorter number of rooms, I was finally standing before the boss door which stood in nearly every dungeon. I was but a few steps from the entrance to Trinexx's lair, when I was hit by a most terrible realization. In my haste and endeavers to recover Heart Pieces, I had completely overlooked the Ice Rod- an item necessary to beat this boss. As far as I knew there was no way to go to the light world, Lake Hylia, Death Mountain, and then Turtle Rock without having to traverse (a portion of) the Dungeon once more. Even with this setback, the temporary excursion did not take much time at all, and I was soon able to proceed with my playthrough.

Now I must ask, could I have obtained the Ice Rod (after almost completing Turtle Rock) without losing my warp point outside of the final portion of Turtle Rock? (I'm almost positive the answer is no, but it's always nice to be certain.)

I also ask, have you ever encountered such a setback in a (Zelda) game?

I don't the know the answer to your first question, for that I have not only haven't play a a link to the past, but I don't have a counsel to play it on (unless you could get it on wii) but I have encountered a large setback.

There I was, playing majoras mask, trying to get the giant rupee wallet (or whatever thats called) so I could hold 500 rupees. Well, how to get that is at this golden skultilia house place at the beach, I beat it all and stuff, but when I went to go collect my prize the guy gave me 50 rupees, saying that if I only come a day earlier I would have gotten the giants wallet (or whatever).....I beat that with no walkthrough...it was crap hard....AND I DIDN'T EVEN GET THE STUPID WALLET 'CAUSE I WAS A DAY LATE..... yeah, I was in shock staring at the screen for a good minute.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
There I was, playing majoras mask, trying to get the giant rupee wallet (or whatever thats called) so I could hold 500 rupees. Well, how to get that is at this golden skultilia house place at the beach, I beat it all and stuff, but when I went to go collect my prize the guy gave me 50 rupees, saying that if I only come a day earlier I would have gotten the giants wallet (or whatever).....I beat that with no walkthrough...it was crap hard....AND I DIDN'T EVEN GET THE STUPID WALLET 'CAUSE I WAS A DAY LATE..... yeah, I was in shock staring at the screen for a good minute.

That's a similar feeling as going to all the trouble to get the 15 stray fairies, then forgetting to go by the fairy fountain before playing the Song of Time. I've done that a couple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom