• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox360 Slim

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I just got it. Everyone that owns an Xbox, or anyone that has ever owned an Xbox... get this right now. It's WHISPER quiet, doesn't RRoD, doesn't overheat, it's smaller, and it looks all fancy-like. This is what the Xbox360 SHOULD have been all along.

Here are some pictures I took:
imag0046y.jpg

imag0042w.jpg

imag0044gq.jpg

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Wow it looks really good, I'm happy to hear your positive review. I have wanted to get a 360, but was hoping and waiting for the system to get fixed and work out the kinks. I would love it if you gave me an update in the coming weeks and months on how it's holding up. I am so hoping that this isn't one of those things that are too good to be true. Oh please great video game god in the sky, give me an xbox that wont die!:puppy:

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I'll be sure to keep you updated then. I'm really faithful that this is the one. It seems flawless, and I hope it stays that way.

O

OrlovYan

You're so lucky, I wish I had one, though my trusty old 360 still works for 2 years, so I don't realy need a new 360(yet), but I must say the new design is awsome and much better then the old one.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Are you sure that it won't RRoD? I just want to be positive, I had to send my 360 back numerous times, then I just stopped after a bit. No 360 for me anymore :(

Austin

Austin
Mmmm, I haven't RRoD-ed yet either, but the part that does sound appealing is the noiseless aspect you've reported. 360 is my favorite console but that thing is so goddamn loud. It's the only piece of electronic equipment I can't stand to leave on even if I'm just taking a momentary break.

O

OrlovYan

Mmmm, I haven't RRoD-ed yet either, but the part that does sound appealing is the noiseless aspect you've reported. 360 is my favorite console but that thing is so goddamn loud. It's the only piece of electronic equipment I can't stand to leave on even if I'm just taking a momentary break.
Simply install your game to your 360.

Kybyrian

I'm getting this tomorrow. Trading in my 3 time RRoD Xbox 360 Elite that just went out of warranty and getting it. I'm also going to be pre-ordering Black Ops, Skyward Sword, and getting a $200 headset for Modern Warfare 2 tomorrow.

Won't have any money left after that.

Hopefully this is the one. The one that will finally not RRoD. Looks pretty cool, too.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I'm getting this tomorrow. Trading in my 3 time RRoD Xbox 360 Elite that just went out of warranty and getting it. I'm also going to be pre-ordering Black Ops, Skyward Sword, and getting a $200 headset for Modern Warfare 2 tomorrow.

Whoa that is pretty sweet! i was going to say that I feel bad for people who have the original xbox 360's but i forgot all about trade ins and whatnot.

Personally I think the redesigned 360's look amazing, online will be the fastest possible and the vents on the sides will let it cool down a little better than before. It makes me want a 360.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I have an black elite at the moment, my third Xbox. I have another busted one that heats several times and then works at random. XD Anyway, if this had been the Xbox from the beginning, it would of saved lots of headaches. Looks sweet.

linkman8

True and Noble
Hm, Twilight Princess behind the new 360. How... hypocritical. Nah, just kidding.
I don't doubt that it's cool, that it's new, that it's perfect, etc. but from a marketing perspective, they've tried this sort of thing before, and it never really worked out, so I guess we'll have to wait and see how sales go. All things considered, it's a little late to be making a remade console.
Hope it goes well for you, and hope it doesn't have any unknown faults.

Kybyrian

Looks like I won't be getting one today. I don't feel like driving 2 hours down into Kentucky to get one. Everywhere else is out of stock.

Kybyrian

Why on earth would you buy a $200 headset?

Didn't see this post, but then again didn't bother to read the thread again.

The $200 headset is a wireless Turtle Beach X41 headset with 7.1 Surround Sound(though most 360 games don't support 7.1 at the moment). They allow for separate adjustment of the game volume and chat volume levels, have less interference, etc. They're pretty darn good, if you ask me. I don't use them for just video games, though. By the way, my ears almost explode when I shoot my gun if I have them turned all the way up. I got them mainly for playing Modern Warfare 2, as I'm pretty competitive, and surround sound is great for something like this, and the headset seemed awesome. I watch movies with them, also, and it sounds like you're in a freaking movie theater, only 3x better, even.

Also, I got the 360 slim, and I have to say, I'm loving it, and I also trust it enough to not buy the warranty from Gamestop. The thing really is whisper quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom