• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox360 or PS3

Xbox360 PS3

• Xbox360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Z

Zeldanoob

Alright I Know I'm gonna start a flame war here but I'm hoping to get either a playstation 3 or Xbox 360 some time in the future so I wanna Know wich is better by a poll and If you like post the reasons why it's better (library,price,ext). So ya Zelda noob out

(wow that was cheezy:dry:)

Edit: I didn't mean that was only for me to find which is better (if you thought that), it was meant for everybody,also I decided on a system, not that anybody cares.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
They're equally good and bad. Pretty much, they make up for each others flaws. I'll just tell you what I tell my customers who ask the same thing:

The 360 has excellent software, but their hardware isn't worth dung. There's a reason they always break. The PS3 has excellent hardware, but the software just isn't very good at all.

Consider whether or not you'll be participating in heavy online play. If you are, then the 360 is what you'll want. There's a reason you pay for it- it's that good. The PS3's online play isn't very good at all- their servers aren't worth jack and there aren't as many people that play a PS3 game online as there are that will play a 360 game online. The 360 has a much better controller for shooters, but the PS3 has a much better controller for fighters.

Both play DVDs but only the PS3 plays Bluray. You can manage media with both. The 360's hard drives are exchangeable. The PS3's are built in, but they can be changed with effort.

As far as games go, many titles are cross-platformed. However, most of the titles that can be played on both systems are originally created for the 360, so only PS3 exclusive games are going to be graphically amazing. Because many of the cross-platformed games are created originally for the 360, they are better controlled on the 360 compared to the PS3. However, PS3 has some pretty amazing exclusives like God of War and Uncharted. You'll want to take into consideration what your friends have so you can play with others.

Both systems are covered for a year by their respective companies, but you might want to invest in a warranty with the retailer you buy it from (GameStop, Best Buy, Target, etc) because it's easier to walk in and have your console exchanged for a new one rather than wait a month or more to ship out and receive your system.

So, consider these:
-Do you want/need bluray?
-Will you play heavily online or even at all?
-Are you going to buy a warranty through the retailer?
-What do your friends have?

Personally, I much prefer my 360. Yes, they do break. I'm on my 6th one, but I don't pay to have it replaced because I was smart and bought a warranty. I chose a 360 because I can't tell the difference between a dvd and bluray and I play online A LOT.

But really take into consideration YOUR OWN wants and needs. Don't buy something just because somebody says the other sucks. When it boils down to it, they are equally as good and equally as horrible, so go for the one that will be of the most use to you.

Z

Zeldanoob

yeah I considerd PS3 was beacause it had some good games in it's library but not as good as the Xbox's or it's predecessor the PS2

Marzo

The Downward Spiral
I like XBox because I'm more into Halo and Call Of Duty...but Wii owns all :P

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
They're equally good and bad. Pretty much, they make up for each others flaws. I'll just tell you what I tell my customers who ask the same thing:

The 360 has excellent software, but their hardware isn't worth dung. There's a reason they always break. The PS3 has excellent hardware, but the software just isn't very good at all.

Consider whether or not you'll be participating in heavy online play. If you are, then the 360 is what you'll want. There's a reason you pay for it- it's that good. The PS3's online play isn't very good at all- their servers aren't worth jack and there aren't as many people that play a PS3 game online as there are that will play a 360 game online. The 360 has a much better controller for shooters, but the PS3 has a much better controller for fighters.

Both play DVDs but only the PS3 plays Bluray. You can manage media with both. The 360's hard drives are exchangeable. The PS3's are built in, but they can be changed with effort.

As far as games go, many titles are cross-platformed. However, most of the titles that can be played on both systems are originally created for the 360, so only PS3 exclusive games are going to be graphically amazing. Because many of the cross-platformed games are created originally for the 360, they are better controlled on the 360 compared to the PS3. However, PS3 has some pretty amazing exclusives like God of War and Uncharted. You'll want to take into consideration what your friends have so you can play with others.

Both systems are covered for a year by their respective companies, but you might want to invest in a warranty with the retailer you buy it from (GameStop, Best Buy, Target, etc) because it's easier to walk in and have your console exchanged for a new one rather than wait a month or more to ship out and receive your system.

So, consider these:
-Do you want/need bluray?
-Will you play heavily online or even at all?
-Are you going to buy a warranty through the retailer?
-What do your friends have?

Personally, I much prefer my 360. Yes, they do break. I'm on my 6th one, but I don't pay to have it replaced because I was smart and bought a warranty. I chose a 360 because I can't tell the difference between a dvd and bluray and I play online A LOT.

But really take into consideration YOUR OWN wants and needs. Don't buy something just because somebody says the other sucks. When it boils down to it, they are equally as good and equally as horrible, so go for the one that will be of the most use to you.

The PS3 servers are bad??????? Heh I've been playing on PSN for 10 months without ANY problems!

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I think the Xbox360 has more to offer than the PS3. My brother has both systems and I have played both. I think that you can access more on the Xbox360 than you could on the PS3.

personally i would suggest the xbox 360. the hardware has been good for me as for the ps3 ive gone through 2 of them and i just sold mine for a wii. im dissatisfied with playstation the only good playstation is the original cause it still works after 12 years of having it.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
personally i would suggest the xbox 360. the hardware has been good for me as for the ps3 ive gone through 2 of them and i just sold mine for a wii. im dissatisfied with playstation the only good playstation is the original cause it still works after 12 years of having it.

You know how rare that is? Lol

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I had both a while back, but I sold my PS3 to my nephew who wanted it. Now I only have an Xbox360, a DS, a PS2 and a N64. I vote for the Xbox360 and agree with LozzyKate, it has a little more to offer and by my own observance I think it has a wider game library than the ps3 at this moment.

I've played PS3 a few times but I don't own one, so I don't think it would be fair to vote since I do own a 360. Hey Atsie, we should play sometime.

Kybyrian

I'd say they are both pretty good, but I feel that the Xbox 360 is superior.

Why?

Well, I play a lot of online shooters(Call of Duty, mostly) and the way the controller is makes it extremely easy to play them, a lot more than the PS3. The triggers and bumpers are great, but the thumbsticks could be different. There are a lot of people that prefer the PS3 thumbsticks.

Xbox 360 also gets most of the downloadable content for online games before the PC and PS3, so I'm also happy there, because then I get to play it sooner, and I love my online shooters. The sooner I get the map packs the better. I just love owning those 12 year-old XBL noobs that cuss at you when they lose because I use a super awesome headset.

Speaking of the headset, Xbox 360 has better ones. Better ones made by other companies, that is. Turtle Beach makes outstanding headsets, but only have a few for the PS3, and none of those are wireless and have worse performance than those that the Xbox 360 has. I have wireless TB X41s for my 360 and they are AMAZING. Only for Xbox 360, too.

The Xbox 360 has really no hardware problems anymore, either. They integrated the graphics into the processor to prevent red ringing due to graphical errors(which a majority of the red rings are from) and also added another fan on top of the console to help prevent overheating, and even a way to completely prevent overheating. When it beings to overheat, the console warns you that it is going to shut itself off to prevent overheating, and a red dot will appear on the power button, and it will only turn back on after that red dot it gone. So, I'm trusting this Xbox 360 to not fail on me.

The PS3 does have some perks, like Bluray, but I don't care much about that, and none of the other advantages are anything to me, really. The only reason I would get a PS3 is for the exclusives like Heavy Rain, GoW3, etc. I am very content with my Xbox 360 and its perks.

I think the Xbox 360 is a lot better. I'm a big online gamer, and although it's not free, Xbox's online system is in a league of it's own. I get a lot more disconnects while playing Modern Warfare 2 on my friends PS3 than I do on a 360. I also like the Xbox's graphics better. Xbox also has better DLC (downloadable content). DLC is released sooner, and some games have exclusive DLC for Xbox 360 only, like the GTA4 Episodes. Although they both look good, I prefer the Xbox's graphics more than the PS3, it just seems more detailed and smoother, although it's not a huge difference.
The PS3 does have a couple of good exclusives like Metal Gear Solid 4 and the Uncharted series. And I personally don't care about Blu Ray. They haven't really caught on and the improvement is not worth the shelf price for the discs. The future of home entertainment is online streaming, not Blu Ray, so no worries there.

Oh yeah, about 360s breaking. Mine was fine for almost 2 years and I thought it would never break, until it finally got the Red Ring of Death. Microsoft replaced it for free though and I got it pretty quickly, which was cool.

About the Wii, I don't think you can really compare the PS3 / 360 to the Wii, they are in a different class. Many people that own the 360 or PS3 also own a Wii, and vice versa. And most of the main flagship titles aren't released on the Wii, so I never see it as 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I prefer the PS3, but mainly because of the software. I'm not a fan of any games on the Xbox 360, except for a few that are also on the PS3 like GTA IV or Red Dead Redemption. The PS3 has Little Big Planet and Final Fantasy which are great games. There aren't any Xbox exclusives other than Banjo Kazooie that I enjoy. This does of course depend on your tastes in gaming too. To me, Xbox 360 games seem to be mostly shooters and sports, while the PS3 has less shooters (but still quite a bit) and a bit more variety (with Wii having the most variety). Xbox 360 might also be considerable if you want Kinect. PS3's motion controls seem to be a rip-off of the Wii's if you ask me but Kinect is more original and innovative. For me though, it just boils down to the games available. All those features don't really matter though because it's a GAME system. What matters is what kind of software YOU like best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom