• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox vs PS4 vs Switch

Best console?

• Xbox

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Playstation

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Nintendo Switch

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have all of them and I'm gonna go for the PS4. It has the best exclusives such as The Last of Us and Nier:Automata and all the great 3rd party games as well such as Witcher 3. It also doesn't have nasty long install times like the Xbox One

Xbox One has the third party games but not many good exclusives and it is also less powerful than PS4.

Switch doesn't have many of the great 3rd party games, it is inferior in power and performance to both the others. Yes it is portable too but I don't care about that. I'd rather play my games on a 50 inch screen.

1c2.gif

Ninja

Well well well
As much as I love Nintendo, PS4 gets my vote as well with the Switch being a close second. I believe a combination of the two would be the ideal gaming scenario as you get exclusives plus two great consoles.

Most of my friends are on PS4 as well.

Which is the best console?
The PS4 and Switch are equally as good. It depends on what you want. Do you want PS4 or Switch exclusives? Do you want portability in your gaming? There is no winner there, it's all up to your individual preferences. Both are amazing consoles for different reasons.

The Xbox One however is worse than both. Very few good exclusives and most of those are only fake exclusives because they are on steam as well. Also for many games the XB1 has worse performance than the PS4. The new Wolfenstein is a good example of this. The game is a nice 1080p and 55-60 fps on the standard PS4 but only 810p and 50-55 fps on the standard XB1.

We all know it's the games that make or break consoles as games sell consoles. Both the Switch and PS4 have a good library of games that run pretty well. The XB1 had a poor library of games and many of them run worse then on the PS4 (talking standard version consoles here).

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'd say Switch. It's portable, has fun exclusives, runs Zelda, comes with 2 controllers, is opening up to games that would be on the PS4 and Xbox now, like Skyrim, and Wolfenstein.

You forgot PC, but I'd vote Switch anyway

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
I'd say Switch. It's portable, has fun exclusives, runs Zelda, comes with 2 controllers, is opening up to games that would be on the PS4 and Xbox now, like Skyrim, and Wolfenstein.

You forgot PC, but I'd vote Switch anyway

It's not necessary in this thread.
He also forgot 3DS and Vita.
I am a girl and those aren't necessary either.

As much as I love Nintendo, PS4 gets my vote as well with the Switch being a close second. I believe a combination of the two would be the ideal gaming scenario as you get exclusives plus two great consoles.

This is exactly how I feel. The Switch has had an incredible first year and I don't regret buying it on day one. We've had masterpiece titles like BotW and Odyssey, and I've gotten tons of hours out of Mario Kart 8 and Fire Emblem Warriors so far with Xenoblade 2 on the horizon. That's not to mention the fun I've had with ARMS and how much I've really enjoyed having games like Sonic Mania on the go wherever I want. 1st party Nintendo is what launched my love of video games, and the Switch is a dream come true for a Nintendo fan.

On the flip side, the PS4 is a perfect compliment with all of the 3rd party exclusive games I could hope to have. Batman Arkham Knight, Metal Gear Solid V, Final Fantasy XV, Crash Bandicoot Nsane Trilogy, and Persona 5 are just a couple of the games I've loved playing over the years on it. I couldn't get any of those on the WiiU/Switch, so I definitely don't regret buying a PS4 at the end of the day either.

I've never owned a Microsoft console and never plan to, so I can't comment on the quality of it. What I can say is that I've never seen any incentive whatsoever to abandon the Playstation brand in favor of it, so take from that what you will.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Well the lack of third party games or... games in general really... in addition to AAA development finally reaching the end of its fiery death spiral, this gen has been beset by a severe dirth of games worse than even the most barren summer quarter of any previous cycle.

And that hurts everyone.

But, the PS4 has had the strongest initial showing from the start. However, Ninty finally appears to be getting their @#$% together and the Switch is doing remarkably well. Lotsa third party ports and exclusives. A few strong first party offerings (they are killing it with Oddessy right now). And a pretty strong indie scene. If Ninty keeps this up the Switch might just end up coming up strong in the final leg of this console gen and giving $ony a run for their money.

M$ is failing like nobody's business. Which isn't surprising given their atrocious reveal of the XBONE at e3. It's like they've completely checked out. They are in as bad a shape now as ninty was when they put out the U. Clueless, oblivious, and stubborn beyond all measure of stupidity. The xbone has been an abortion from the start, from their pathetic e3 reveal to the recent discontinuation of the kinect. M$ lacks third party support and practically anything resembling an exclusive, much less a successful one. And every cross platform title routinely outsells the bone on PS4. Xbone sales are down and the too-little-too-late xbonex (yes, M$'s naming conventions are officially as hairbrained as Ninty's) is selling like a lead-lined balloon.

M$ will discontinue the xbox and pull out of the business soon, I expect.

Let me preface this post by saying this is the weakest generation since the NES/Master System days. Even though I was born at the tail end of the SNES/Genesis era, I experienced those games through various ports and remakes, especially on GBA, and I feel that from the fourth generation to the end of the seventh we were spoiled by a plethora of amazing games, including many great new IPs. This generation, on the other hand, has been a dumpster fire of sameness and safety. Although not home consoles, I feel like games on the 3DS and PS Vita took more risks in creating something new. That said, I have hope for the future with new IPs from Sony and Nintendo like Horizon: Zero Dawn and Arms, respectively, as well as supporting newer franchises with sequels like Gravity Rush 2 and Splatoon 2.

Right now, I have to give the edge to the PS4. Like others have said, there is the biggest variety of great games available on the system. Its 2013 launch and 2014 were slow, but ever since 2015's Bloodhorne, the PS4 has been killing it. My only gripe with Sony is how they frontloaded this year. It was pretty clearly to compete with the Switch launch and while Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and Persona 5 headlined a strong first four months of the year for PS4, I feel holiday momentum has whimpered out. Knack 2, Gran Turismo Sport, and exclusive content for Call of Duty: WWII and Star Wars Battlefront II can only take you so far during the holidays. The PS4 is definitely the safest bet for future content with how well Sony supports their platforms, but I don't think it's the place to play the hot games this holiday.

Jumping onto the Switch, I think the system has had one of the best launch years ever. It can be debated whether the SNES or PS2 had better launches, but the Switch is up there. Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are arguably the two best games of the year. The only game that can compete with their quality on other platforms is Persona 5. Nintendo has also done a much better job of building an online community with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, and Splatoon 2 out within the first few months of the system. It's hard to deny that the Switch is the best place to play this Christmas, but the future remains uncertain. I'm sure Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4 will headline a great 2019, but I hope Nintendo has some big hitters planned for next year. Fire Emblem is getting more popular these days, but Animal Crossing would do a lot to bolster the system's popularity next year.

It's with great shame that I declare the Xbox One the worst system of the generation. The only reason to own one is if you're a diehard Halo, Gears, or Forza. I say it's such a shame because the Xbox 360 was my favorite console last generation, and I still think Xbox Live offers the best console online, but there are just too few exclusives available for the Xbox One. Microsoft barely puts out content from January-August so they can focus on fall and holiday releases, yet even then, there are slim pickings. There are no great new IPs being created anymore. Cuphead is probably the best reason to pick up an Xbox One this year, but almost everyone will choose to buy it on PC instead.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The PS4 and Switch are on equal footing in my opinion.

The PS4 has an already established, and a really solid library of first and third party games. However, current games are currently going through the wringer with "AAA", $60 games with microtransactions. Now, this isn't for every game, games like Horizon, and Uncharted Lost Legacy did extremely well in this regard(and Wolfenstein). However, the PS4 already has an incredible library. It is also currently the most powerful console of the bunch, and has the highest userbase.

The Switch is a brand new console, with a brand new idea. Taking a console on the go. This idea is wholly incredible, and while the system is not as powerful as the PS4, it makes up in versatility. This makes it a premiere indie machine, and plus, Nintendo is getting back third party as well(especially with Bethesda going whole hog with the system). We are also coming off having two of the best games of the generation(and perhaps of all time) within a mere 7 months of each other. The system is already collecting quite a pedigree for a library, and more is to come. To those that are worried about 2018, I would say to them, of course there will be heavy hitters in 2018. Remember that 10 months ago, we didn't even know about Mario Odyssey, or Splatoon 2, or any of Nintendo's games besides Breath of the Wild. I have almost no doubts we will continue to see a rock solid line-up. Especially with Fire Emblem, Retro's new game, and a whole wealth of Nintendo studios who we have not heard a peep of.

Now the Xbox is run by morons saying that single player games aren't financially viable(spoilers, they are completely financially viable). They have no worthwhile exclusives this year except Cuphead, which can be played on Steam. They have a new console coming out, but barely anyone knows anything about it due to poor marketing, and Xbox still has no exclusive games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom