• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox Series X

Anyone interested in this?
Looks more like a mini tower PC than a console.

0CSGuqa.jpg

No, not interested at all.

I didn't enjoy the Xbox 360 I was given by a friend and after the failure of the Xbone and MS's failure to regain momentum I just don't see a point in owning an MS console.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I do like a good looking game and if they can keep the standard that Hellblade set with its trailer, its gonna be one hell of a powerhouse that will bring Next Gen with capital N and G.

But I don’t have much faith in MS exclusives and probably never have. Also it looks weird and the name is uhhhhhh

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I pretty much go with the console that has the best games. Aside from Nintendo games, which require me to purchase a Nintendo console each new gen, this gen the PS4 got my money.

I'll be waiting for more news on the PS5, so right now I'm not set on which I'll choose this gen. Although my gut is I'll be sticking with the Playstation, because I'd be able to play most Microsoft games on PC anyway.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I think it's a slick looking console. It reminds me of a form factor gaming PC, so the tower design sits well with me. I appreciate that it's backwards compatible and that current Xbone controllers will be backwards compatible with it. Microsoft has taken a far healthier stance on maintaining their consumer base than the initial always online Xbox One reveal, which I appreciate.

Unfortunately, a slick design isn't enough to turn me away from the world of PC gaming. I'll wait for the games and further details of the system's capabilities before making any sort of purchasing decision.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I never had my own PC or Xbox console. I used to play games at my friend's. One day he deleted my MW account for freeing up space for his cousins.
That's when I realised you've gotta have your own XBox

So yea I'm definitely interested

Edit:- I don't care about the design. it's ok if it's a great experience.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I never had my own PC or Xbox console. I used to play games at my friend's. One day he deleted my MW account for freeing up space for his cousins.
That's when I realised you've gotta have your own XBox

So yea I'm definitely interested

Edit:- I don't care about the design. it's ok if it's a great experience.

I'll take it over the plethora of flat plastic boxes.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it actually looks pretty slick but I am sure I'll never be interested enough to purchase one.

Seems like a dumb naming decision though. Xbox Series X isn't all that different from Xbox One X and I can see some clueless parents purchasing the wrong one for their kids. I'd have thought they'd have learnt from the mistake of Nintendo naming the Wii U too similarly to the Wii.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I think it actually looks pretty slick but I am sure I'll never be interested enough to purchase one.

Seems like a dumb naming decision though. Xbox Series X isn't all that different from Xbox One X and I can see some clueless parents purchasing the wrong one for their kids. I'd have thought they'd have learnt from the mistake of Nintendo naming the Wii U too similarly to the Wii.
So this wouldn't be a good choice?
which one would you recommend for a person who hasn't owned an Xbox yet?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So this wouldn't be a good choice?
which one would you recommend for a person who hasn't owned an Xbox yet?
I've never played an Xbox so I'm not in a position to recommend anything. All I am saying is that the names sound too similar.

I recommend they pick up a Nintendo Switch, Sony Playstation, or a PC instead.

Awful name that will have people as confused as the Wii U but the actual PC tower design is appealing. Not to mention that the new Xbox controller is able to also be used with the Xbox One.

It all really depends what games will be on there. Halo Infinite and Hellblade 2 are a start but Micrisoft must branch out beyond Halo, Gears, and Forza and start making the occasional display of brilliance, like Cuphead, the norm.

Micrisoft must branch out beyond Halo, Gears, and Forza and start making the occasional display of brilliance, like Cuphead, the norm.
That depends on which studios Microsoft can bring in. Since MS themselves make very few games, it's up to their aquired development studios to show that occassional display of brilliance more frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom