• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox or Playstation

Xbox or Playstation

• Xbox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Sony's line of PlayStations. I've had an Xbox360 and can honestly say I hated having it. Way too many problems with it, but it did have some really, REALYL awesome games. The main problems I have had with the 360 is the fact you have to pay so much for Xbox Live, you cannot transfer saves (though that is a problem with all current gen systems I hear), and there are so many hardware problems such as the Circular Scratch and the Red Ring of Death. I lost Splinter Cell Conviction, Alpha Protocol, Dragon Age (but I hate DA anyway), and almost lost Red Dead Redemption because of the circular scratch :/
The Xbox360 is a good system, don't get me wrong, I just ran into its problems more than anyone else I know has. Paying $60 a year for Live I absolutely cannot afford, I am a poor person so I have to buy those darned $25/3months cards which is basically Microsoft's way of saying "F you" – Why should the poorer people have to pay $100 a year? Greedy hogs. Anyway, the 360 has a lot of great games, I just felt limited because if you bought the older models which don't come with intergrated wi-fi, you need to get an Ethernet cable or buy the wireless adapter which was at a time $100. Or, if you already had all that stuff but couldn't pay for Xbox Live, you were heavily limited because most 360 [And PS3] games' offline multiplayer doesn't even compare with the online multiplayer which is ridiculous. So yeah, 360 is a great system but you'll need a bit of money if you buy the older models.

On the other hand, I've had a PS1, PS2 and have played with the PS3. Was never disappointed (except for when my PS2 memory card got broken -.-). I have had no problems with teh PS1, absolutely none with the PS2, and I can only fathom I will have no problems with the PS3 if I ever get one. I already know what games I'll get – PS3 games are generally the same as Xbox360. The PS3 controller seems smaller than the PS2 controller but that is okay, I'm used to them.
The PS3 has problems too: I hear about blu-ray drive failures, yellow light of death, and several other things. They aren't necessarily frequently reported, so I assume they don't happen all too often, but the fact is that the PS3 has problems as well. I hope I don't run into any problems if I ever get a PS3. Now the amazingly awesome thing about PS3 is that – guess what – it ISN'T region locked! SO, I could import all the PS3 games I want from Japan and still play them on my American PS3! Woo!! The games I want for PS3 are:

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
Resident Evil Revival Selection
Soul Calibur 4 [ironic as I hated the game]
Sonic Generations

Of course, that is what I personally found. I never have had or plyed the Xbox, so I can't judge it. People may find the problems I found in the 360 to be ridiculous, and that is okay because that is what they believe.

Last edited:

jugglaj91

I am me....
This has been brought up in other threads before. All it does is lead to fanboys being fanboys and getting worse. Also it would help if you had posted your thoughts on which you thought was better OP.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I prefer the 360, the controller is better and the exclusive titles are better in my opinion, but the RRoD is really dumb, but at least they usually would fix it for free and they made an updated version.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Playstation of course. Sony actually has a decent amount of quality games on their systems, unlike Microsoft.
Care to explain what those quality games are? Because more often than not, PS3 titles are comparable to 360 titles in quality and stature ;P

Sony has gone downhill with me lately. They've been ripping ideas from Nintendo and taking all the credit. I mean look at the Playstation Move, It's worser than the Wii's Motion controls. Then we have the Playstation Vita. It does exactly what a DS does, and it has 3DS features. And do you know what happens? The Playstation Vita gets crowned best Handheld for 2011! How does that work?! It's not even out yet!!

Sorry, but sony is the worse gaming company at the moment, In terms of Technology. At least Microsoft can make something better then the Wii's motion controls, which is the Kinect.

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
Sony has gone downhill with me lately. They've been ripping ideas from Nintendo and taking all the credit. I mean look at the Playstation Move, It's worser than the Wii's Motion controls. Then we have the Playstation Vita. It does exactly what a DS does, and it has 3DS features. And do you know what happens? The Playstation Vita gets crowned best Handheld for 2011! How does that work?! It's not even out yet!!

Sorry, but sony is the worse gaming company at the moment, In terms of Technology. At least Microsoft can make something better then the Wii's motion controls, which is the Kinect.

I totally agree! people have been stealing nintendos ideas alot, especially Sony.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Technically, Sony already had motion controls out, they just didn't expand upon them (the EyeToy for PS2; 2003 release). So, Nintendo would be copying Sony if anything :P
That said, the Move is horribly unresponsive or at least I found it to be that way. The Kinect is just as bad, from my experience with it.

The Vita has great graphics and dual analog sticks. That's all it needs to be crowned 'best handheld of 2011'. Plus, it has 3G which the 3DS clearly does not. So all the hype is seen as justified in the critics' eyes.

Last edited:
the EyeToy for PS2; 2003 release

Never heard of the EyeToy :/

The Vita has great graphics and dual analog sticks. That's all it needs to be crowned 'best handheld of 2011'.

I think for a console to be nominated for best of 2011, It has to be released within that year and before the nomination.
From what I know, the Vita is set to be released next year, so it's nomination should not be valid for this year.

Last edited:
Personally, I prefer the PS3.

I had a 360 for a while but due to problems with it and lack of interesting exclusives (for me, anyways) made me get rid of it. On top of that, I don't like how you have to pay for the online service. And unlike Nintendo (3DS price drop) and Sony (PSN outage), we have yet to see what Microsoft would do to their fans if something comes up if it hasn't already. Minor complaint but whatever.

Last edited:
Care to explain what those quality games are? Because more often than not, PS3 titles are comparable to 360 titles in quality and stature ;P

Ratchet and Clank, Sly, LBP, Team Ico Games, many RPG's, etc.

Oh, and:

NES-PowerGlove.jpeg

Nintendo did motion controls before Sony even existed in the video game world.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom