• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox One SAD

Xbox One SAD (S - All Digital) rumoured to be releasing May 7.
They even made a rough image for it based on the info they have. Complete with their own watermark on it.

8bm6nxG.jpg

Source - https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-s-all-digital-release-date

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
For a very brief moment I was wondering what Seasonal Affective Disorder had to do with the Xbox.

Digital gaming seems to be the way most platforms have been moving towards as the years have gone by (Steam being the big one, and now Stadia being announced) so I don't think it's a huge leap for something like this to happen. I've never really been a huge fan of the completely digital push. I've never had a very good internet connection and some games that are more than 8GB can take the whole day for me to download before I can play them and downloading said game ties up the internet and I can't really use it to do anything else while waiting for the download to complete. Though Stadia should probably be for another topic, my understanding of it makes it seem like it would be far better for my situation than the Xbox One S All-Digital.

Last edited:
It's now official
Source - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-s/all-digital-edition

$250 US is the price.

Here are my concerns about this console.

1. Too expensive
    $250 US? That's like $350 here. No one is going to pay that when you can get a standard XB1S for $300-$400 depending on sales and if you trade in a second controller.

2. 1TB HDD
    That's ok if you have a disc drive and can install and uninstall games at will. Only the patches to re-download. But having to re-download 50GB+ games again? No one wants to do that. For many people here they literally can't even download 50GB the first time so they buy the disc.

3. SAD
    I realise all digital makes sense but SAD is just terrible marketing. The memes will come.

4. The XB1 original and S is a weak console
    In many ways it's hardly better than the Switch. A few games actually play better of the Switch than the XB1 S. Due to better optimisation and other things. For a telelvision console it's just outdated technology.

5. Very few good exclusives
    Subjective point here but many people agree on this. At least the PS4 and Switch have a few must have exclusives. The Xbox? Not that many.

6. Comes with Forza Horizon 3 installed
    Why? Want the 4th game? Have to buy that separately. Not even the latest and greatest games some with the console at launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom