• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox One Controller Sucks?

The Xbox One controller is not a step back, it's definitely an improvement.

The bumpers are more... slanted? They form to your fingers better. Triggers have their own feedback. It just falls into your hands smoother. It's easy to use. Along with the lights in the front of it, the kinect is supposedly able to track your movements with the controller, analyze it with the game play to figure out which player is which in game.

However, I don't like certain features of the xbox one and I'm not entirely sure if you can blame the controller, but it's sort of related. For example, when typing something in a search bar (with your alphabet at the top of the screen), you can no longer hit a bumper to skip ~7 letters or so. So that's minimal but quite irritating.

I find the controller easier to use and more comfortable. I do like the 360 controller and haven't really used it since getting the One, so maybe I'm just used to the new one.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
At the end of the day though it's just a controller and I'm sure it doesn't detract from the experience that much.

I would say that poorly designed or uncomfortable controllers can detract from the experience of playing video games. I know that my enjoyment of [Every Wii Game Ever] was hampered by the controller and I abandoned the PS2 when the Xbox came along because I've never liked Dual Analogue (the sticks are too close together for me and my big hands cramp up).

That said, I had a go of the Xbox One when I was last at my cousin's house and, while the controller was a little different to the 360 one, it wasn't worse by any stretch. It might take a little while to get used to the differences but it's a perfectly functional, comfortable, and well-made controller. Some of the differences will be good or bad depending on the individual, though, for example the looser sticks. I personally didn't mind them after a while, but at the start I felt as though I had less control than I would like. For some people this will no doubt be an issue, but, like the other differences, how big of an issue will come down to individual preferences.

I find the controller easier to use and more comfortable.

I like Xbox One controllers. They're comfy and easy to use! (Couldn't resist.)

It's different.

For one, it's a lot lighter than the 360 controller. It's also smaller and more compact. The analog sticks definitely take some getting used to if you're accustomed to the 360 controller.

This fusion of the original Xbox and 360 controllers isn't bad. It just takes awhile to transition to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom