• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox One Announced!

Very disappointed that you have to install games and it gets tied to your account. Buying and selling used games is a big part of video gaming for me. But I guess this is the future of video games.

Sony will likely do something similar. Publishers aren't happy about used game sales since they don't make any money off of them.

Looks like I'm going to be playing my older systems more often from now on.

im sure the WII U and the ps4 can do what the new XBOX 1 ( such a stupid name) can do. so what is new about the system? also if you have to load your games from the disk to the HD that has 500 GB hard drive along with saved content, that is going to fill up fast.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Publishers aren't happy about used game sales since they don't make any money off of them.

At the risk of sounding aggressive, publishers should grow up and ****ing deal with it. OF COURSE they aren't going to make any money off a $60 half-baked excuse for a source of entertainment. OF COURSE we're going to try to get things cheaper than $60. Why? The economy sucks. Many people are jobless, or what jobs they have, they can't divert enough funds to gaming. ETC ETC ETC. Want more people buying your games (and in turn you making more of a profit)? Lower the price, huh? Don't do this Xbox One BS.

Also, I pray to God that Sony is smart - smart like Nintendo at least regarding used games.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
IT HAS DEEP TELEVISION INTEGRATION. OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH.

Oh that's not the only thing the One has a hand in. It also has its hand in deep **** because it SUCKS. Seriously, don't waste yourt ime.

Oh that's not the only thing the One has a hand in. It also has its hand in deep **** because it SUCKS. Seriously, don't waste yourt ime.

The Xbox One actually convinced my Xbox fanboy of a brother to probably get a Wii U. That's saying a lot since he made fun of me for getting one.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The Xbox One actually convinced my Xbox fanboy of a brother to probably get a Wii U. That's saying a lot since he made fun of me for getting one.

That he's a dumb@ss and doesn't know any better?

Anyway, I will be getting both consoles, considering I already have a Wii U. You know, because I'm a gamer, not a *****.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That he's a dumb@ss and doesn't know any better?

Anyway, I will be getting both consoles, considering I already have a Wii U. You know, because I'm a gamer, not a *****.
Bit harsh.
Not everyone can afford to buy all three consoles you know? Are they not gamers because they may be on a budget?
Many people can only pick just one console and if someone feels like any of the three consoles are the best for them after weighing up the pros and cons the that's good for them and they can have fun with their choice. That's what playing games and being a gamer is all about.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Bit harsh.
Not everyone can afford to buy all three consoles you know? Are they not gamers because they may be on a budget?
Many people can only pick just one console and if someone feels like any of the three consoles are the best for them after weighing up the pros and cons the that's good for them and they can have fun with their choice. That's what playing games and being a gamer is all about.

Some of us have other things to buy, like brake pads, rather then extra consoles.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
when I was little, I would get maybe four or five games over a console's lifetime. It matters a lot to some people because you can't get all the games and I can't even comprehend the average gamer maintaining two modern consoles. Which console you buy makes a huge difference as to what experience you'll be having over the next five years.

Well i shall put my two cents in and be on my way. I'm not too impressed with the new Xbox, but i do want it. Sure it's not much to look at and it might have some faults, but it was made with the idea of entertaining everyone. Microsoft is trying to get the casual players in with new ways to play. I don't agree with the used games thing, but it does keep people from pirating it.

I don't know about anyone else, but i like to give anything a try before i start moaning about how terrible it is.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Microsoft is trying to get the casual players in with new ways to play.
Because casual players never borrow or rent games, or go over to a friends house with a copy of their multiplayer game in their hands.

I'm sorry but that sentence and the one after it are in complete contradiction.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Because casual players never borrow or rent games, or go over to a friends house with a copy of their multiplayer game in their hands.

That's Microsoft's stance on it, they never borrow games because they have MONEY FLOWING OUT THEIR BUTTCRACKS. Not. Microsoft is out of touch - has been since the release of the 360 - with the gaming market. They thing that rearing their head in the butt of some 3rd party will net them all the money and everyone else can just die in a hole. Doesn't work that way, though, and at least Nintendo seems to recognize that.

Again, if they want to make money from games, they need to stop charging so much friggin' money for these rehash games. $60 for a "new" Call of Duty is not worth it. $60 is not justified - it never has been, not even with my favorite entry Black Ops. Lower it to $40 and maybe you'd stop seeing so many booty pirates lying around, huh?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Bit harsh.

Not once did I allude to the opposite. Sure, not everyone can afford every console, duh, that's life for you. Even then, not being as fortunate doesn't give one the right to make ignorant claims. It's like a homeless man saying homes are overrated.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Seriously, how are gamers going to live in a world where they can't borrow or give games as gifts? How will they get on when their favorite console throws out gaming for a bunch of lame computer gimmicks, Kinect (cause that's so beloved), and complicated TV crap?

I'll tell you how, they're gonna buy a wii u or a PS4, because those consoles actually play video games as their primary function without mountains of pointless fees and function they don't want but have to pay for anyway. I mean why would even a MS fan want this piece of what will probably be junk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom