• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox One Announced!

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
So this happened:
57D26999-04A6-4D57-BEF9-4FF305676D7B-625-000000E55C99FD66_zpseb738258.jpg

I lol'd.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Why are we at all annoyed? As Nintendo fans, we should happy MS is committing console suicide.
Well not everyone is tied down to one company, just because this is a Zelda/Pokemon/Darksiders forum doesn't mean we are bound to these franchises, we all have different interests outside of the franchises included here. I, like many other people here, are gaming fans in general so people will be interested in the likes of Microsoft or Sony as many people are in this thread.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Why are we at all annoyed? As Nintendo fans, we should happy MS is committing console suicide.

You'd be surprised but a lot of people on DGN don't even like Zelda. Reason why we have the General Gaming subforum and not the General Nintendo Fanboy thread. ;)

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Oh, sorry guys, but as a Nintendo fan I must say this is music to my ears. If trying to win an argument on the Zelda forums has taught me anything, then I know that every one has a unique and often unusual opinion.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Oh, sorry guys, but as a Nintendo fan I must say this is music to my ears. If trying to win an argument on the Zelda forums has taught me anything, then I know that every one has a unique and often unusual opinion.

I am a Nintendo fan but I used the 360 to play games that weren't on the Wii. This announcement makes me side with Sony and the PS4 now.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
@jimmy's pic

Is there any word on if Xbox 360 controllers will work with XboxOne? The deisgns look pretty similar and if I recall correctly, Xbox Original controllers worked with Xbox 360?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well it's not a given that Nintendo will do better than the Xbox One itself, I feel the negative view towards this console is completely biased. The Wii U is by no means perfect in its own right, it's went stale without an expansive library nor any true console sellers and it looks like it's going to take a year to get going. With 15 new exclusives already announced for the Xbox, that is already an advantage and one thing the Wii U did not bring. I feel most of the negative feedback in this thread is completely unjustified and the generalisation that the Xbox will fail, note this is not a given, this console will sell and I can safely say that it willbe a successful console, to what extent remains unknown but don't think that Nintendo has an advantage here when we still no very little.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Well it's not a given that Nintendo will do better than the Xbox One itself, I feel the negative view towards this console is completely biased. The Wii U is by no means perfect in its own right, it's went stale without an expansive library nor any true console sellers and it looks like it's going to take a year to get going. With 15 new exclusives already announced for the Xbox, that is already an advantage and one thing the Wii U did not bring. I feel most of the negative feedback in this thread is completely unjustified and the generalisation that the Xbox will fail, note this is not a given, this console will sell and I can safely say that it willbe a successful console, to what extent remains unknown but don't think that Nintendo has an advantage here when we still no very little.
Watch Angry Joe's rant on the Xbox One.

I'll just link the channel because the video has a lot of cursing.

AngryJoeShow - YouTube

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
>implying a placeholder price of $900 is even realistic

Oh it's pretty realistic. Isn't XONE supposed to run on Blu Ray Discs? And 500GB internal HDD + Kinect technology + All in One tech? Unless they plan to sell at a loss (which they'd have to and most likely WILL do), I wager they SHOULD be selling around $700-$900. :/

also another thing, this voice command seems like trouble because, lets say your in a middle of a game, then your little sister/brother comes in and says " X box tv" and it quits your game to go to the tv, and you two are yelling at the Xbox1 to switch back and forth..yea are we having fun yet?. also look what i found that proves that voice command + a always connected Kenect can cause problems. i found these tweets about kenect issues during the conference. ( sorry i could not add them correctly into this post due to an error so hear is the URL )

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1146813/Screen_Shot_2013-05-22_at_12.35.59_AM.png

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1146815/Screen_Shot_2013-05-22_at_12.36.47_AM.png

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1146814/Screen_Shot_2013-05-22_at_12.36.24_AM.png

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Watch Angry Joe's rant on the Xbox One.

I'll just link the channel because the video has a lot of cursing.

AngryJoeShow - YouTube
>Implying someone's opinion will change my views

I've seen it already and this guy is just as biased as many other people, to be honest I feel a lot of the hate comes from people biased towards Microsoft as a company and next gen console gaming in general. Of course some things were slightly disappointing (mainly BC) but this console so far seems fine, 15 "new" exclusives already confirmed within its first year... Well that's already one huge improvement on the Wii U, no one can predict how successful this console will be just yet, we have only seen a preview of the console alone. We will get a bigger picture at E3and more importantly when it's released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom