• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox 360 or Ps3?

I prefer ps3, but am more of a nintendo fan. I have had every system of Nintendo. But the ps3 is starting to lure me over to play it's games more and more.

I prefer the Xbox 360 because of the exclusive games, controller, and online play. Also, whenever games are ported over from the PC to the consoles, companies have a harder time coding for the PS3 due to the hardware make-up of the PS3. This isn't a major problem, and has only ever recently happened with Skyrim, but I don't have to worry about it with the Xbox.

Both are excellent consoles and I have no idea how this "war" ever started. Angry fanboys are angry I guess...

One last thing, graphics have nothing to do with why the Nintendo Wii is the least-favored console out of the majority. Anybody who says they hate the Nintendo Wii because of graphics has no idea what they're talking about. People who hate the Nintendo Wii hate it because there video game library is very exclusive, catering to only specific gamers. Also, the Nintendo Wii's technology is inferior to the PS3 and Xbox 360, making it impossible to port the majority of games over to it, making it have an even more selective video game library. The online isn't that great either. There are several viable reasons as to why somebody could hate the Nintendo Wii.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The war started because you have to pay for XBL but don't for PSN. That's at least one starting point.

I prefer the Xbox 360 to the Playstation 3. While i recognize that the latter has had a larger slew of noteworthy exclusives in recent years, Microsoft's approach to gaming embodies exactly what i like to see-Great, streamlined online, the best videogame shop on a console on the market with the ability to download DLC, games, stream movies and TV shows and more, as well as strong franchises which the company wisely utilizes but never milks to death.

Xbox Live is the way of the future. Sure you have to pay $60 for online play per year but it's definitely worth the experience. One of the greatest benefits Live offers over PSN is no to little down time which the other is constantly plagued in. Online can be laggy sometimes but it's never a hindering factor preventing enjoyment of the experience. The marketplace is amazing and although Sony and Nintendo both are now catching up, it's important to note that Microsoft was the company to lay the foundation with its 360. Also, franchises like Halo are unprecedented and offer an experience no other console can.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The war started because you have to pay for XBL but don't for PSN. That's at least one starting point.

That's a dumbass point though... XBOXLIVE is a far more superior service than whatever Sony is offering. Anyone who says otherwise is just a crybaby fanboy. It's superiority is why it cost money. And honestly, I don't mind paying for a service if it's the best. People pay up the a** for Call of Duty every year... They might as well make it a service instead of a full retail release.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
That's a dumbass point though... XBOXLIVE is a far more superior service than whatever Sony is offering. Anyone who says otherwise is just a crybaby fanboy. It's superiority is why it cost money. And honestly, I don't mind paying for a service if it's the best. People pay up the a** for Call of Duty every year... They might as well make it a service instead of a full retail release.

Oh for goodness sake. Is the name calling really necessary against people that preference the PSN to XBL?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Oh for goodness sake. Is the name calling really necessary against people that preference the PSN to XBL?

Unless you fit the profile, then I don't see the need for the comment. I stand by what I said, because it's true. No one should be proud of being a fanboy.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Sure you have to pay $60 for online play per year but it's definitely worth the experience.
ALIT, let me ask you this: do you actually know anyone who uses even ONE FOURTH of the services you get with XBL? I honestly do not. Everyone who has Netflix that I know, they buy only Netflix, and they generally have it for their Blu Ray player/PS3/Cable service, etc. None of what XBL offers is "worth it" aside from online multiplayer, because you get it all through Time Warner/Dish/TV services etc, often for free versus the ~$60-$125 (depends on what card you buy) you cough up for XBL.
CoD is a quality game, believe it or not. XBL, not so much a quality service.

WW IsDa Bombchu

Fez+Bowtie=Time
That's a dumbass point though...

It may be a horrible reason for a war to start, but it's true...

I prefer the PS3 as, well, I'm cheap. I don't want to pay $10 for a year of online, much less $60. Also, I love the exclusives on it, like Uncharted and inFamous. I'm also not an extreme gamer, and love the fact I can watch Blu-Ray's on it.

Dan

I prefer the PS3 for it's exclusives , free online play and the ability to download/play PS1 Games.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Unless you fit the profile, then I don't see the need for the comment. I stand by what I said, because it's true. No one should be proud of being a fanboy.

You are aware that you sound like a fanboy at this point in time, correct? You cannot force an opinion to be a fact, that's not how it works and that's how the wars start.

So I preference the PSN. I love the Xbox too. It's possible to like both.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hmm...oh, XBL offers dedicated servers for most games iirc. Guess what? By getting Steam and the relevant game, I get virtually free dedicated servers. XBL isn't worth the wasted cash.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
CoD is a quality game, believe it or not. XBL, not so much a quality service.

Don't make me laugh...XBOXLIVE allows you to communicate with your friends and people across the globe in more than one way. Something that has proven to be very useful. I know a group of guys who, while playing a PS3 game online together, took advantage of XBOXLIVE's communications system because of how whack PSN is. XBOXLIVE also has a very active marketplace that keeps us up to date on the latest games, takes advantage of the arcade with lot's of original games, and lot's more. XBOXLIVE is just pure entertainment and convenience.

Hmm...oh, XBL offers dedicated servers for most games iirc. Guess what? By getting Steam and the relevant game, I get virtually free dedicated servers. XBL isn't worth the wasted cash.

That's a very blind way to see it.

You are aware that you sound like a fanboy at this point in time, correct? You cannot force an opinion to be a fact, that's not how it works and that's how the wars start.

So I preference the PSN. I love the Xbox too. It's possible to like both.

You should read my first post... I've made my stance very clear.

It's not an opinion really...Sure, you can prefer it, up to you. But it's like trying to argue that a black and white tv is superior to a flat screen HD tv. You can like it, but there's no real argument. Being free doesn't determine the quality of a service. That's the only argument I ever hear, and it isn't a good one either.

Last edited:

Dan

Mind explaining how PSN doesn't keep you up to date with the latest games , I was certain it did I thought clicking latest was a wonderful way to view the newest games on PSN ?

- Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom