• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox 360 or Ps3?

I like the 360, if only because it seems to carry more titles that I enjoy. PS3 seems to cater exclusively to the massive multiplayer / first-person shooter / sports games crowd.

Plus, the 360 controller is like heaven in your hands.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
This is going to start a war. This always starts a war.

For the record, I like both equally.

PS3 all the way. Althought the Xbox 360 may have a better render rate and slightly better graphics, most of my favorite games and memories are with the playstation. (Besides Nintendo :P)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Personally, I prefer the 360. But this is pointless... Really? What does it matter? A real gamer would appreciate the options. Not all consoles are perfect, but at least they all offer different things. And anyone who can't see that, shouldn't even be discussing video games.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Neither. Wii dominates the market. The Wii is getting a lot of hate because it "is for 3 year old girls" and is not up to par with graphics. Right... I would give my theoretical 3 year old girl resident evil *rolls eyes*.

If I had to pick, it would be PS3 because I have a hate problem with Microsoft. Besides, why cant they all live in harmony instead of perpetual war:dry:?

I'm gonna go with the PS3, mostly because of the PSN Store. The 360 does have a better controller and better exclusives, though.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I like the 360, if only because it seems to carry more titles that I enjoy. PS3 seems to cater exclusively to the massive multiplayer / first-person shooter / sports games crowd.

Plus, the 360 controller is like heaven in your hands.
Uhm...what? Have you looked at the PS3 library at all? The PS3 and 360 games are almost exactly the same.

That's subjective. I hate the 360 controller, it's too bulky.
Right... I would give my theoretical 3 year old girl Resident Evil *rolls eyes*
I definitely would let my daughter play RE. It'd be from RE0-4, and that's to appreciate how zombies/infected SHOULD be. How horror games SHOULD play. What real scare is in a video game. (;

Anywho, I easily prefer PS3 to 360. I've had an Xbox 360 for two years now, and absolutely hate it. I have to pay for online, and being the poor guy I am, have to get the more expensive package unless I abuse the "2 months for $2" on the dashboard. The online sucks, I don't understand what 360 fans are talking about when they say XBL > PSN. Sure, PSN STILL doesn't have cross game chat, but the online quality is definitely in favor of PSN, at least whenever I play.

The games on each system are more or less the same. 360 gets DLC quicker because Microsoft can pay for contracts what with all the suckers they have with Xbox Live, but DLC still gets to PSN eventually.

The 360 controller is too fat, too bulky, and gives my hands cramps whereas the DualShock 3, more or less the same as DualShock 2, fits perfectly well in my hands. OH, the D-Pad on 360 sucks major ***. If I'm playing an 8 way run game e.g Soul Calibur, I can not for the life of me pull of a 236/QCF type move at all on 360. PS3 is easily made for comfort.

Graphics on PS3 are better than 360. IIRC 360 has better GPU, but PS3 runs blu-ray which automatically makes the 360's subpar DVDs look like dirt when running on the same TV and using HDMI. Oh, let's not forget the whole PS3 games are generally made for 1080p whereas 360 UPSCALES.

I don't have much experience with downloads on PSN, but XBL has great servers for downloading. Very little wait time on my 360 versus my PC when downloading the same filesize.

Oh, one last thing. 360 has design problems. The 360 S has those same design problems. Microsoft was too damn lazy to fix the disc tray problem (y'know, make it so the disc is SECURED), that they slapped on a sticker saying "DO NOT MOVE, YOU WILL DAMAGE DISC IF 360 IS IN PLAY". Come on, talk about lazy with a capital LAZY. >_> Not even my PC eats discs, and it's tray is the exact same as the 360's (I.E no security/holding disc in place). If the GameCube, Nintendo's weakest console, can secure those miniDVDs, if the PSone can do it...the original XBOX to my knowledge could do it, why the hell can the 360 NOT do it? Why must I pay for my disc to get buffered due to some freak accident (e.g baby sister messing with it -- I can't put the 360 in a plastic container way up high because it needs to breathe or else it'll get RRoD in a pinch), on top of accessories and XBL + games? Why can't M$ just be customer friendly and fix the problem?

Sony at least cared for the discs with the PS3 design. No circular scratches, hell, the blu ray disc itself is resistant to scratching. No nuisance-payments due to freak accidents. Everything is enjoyable. Not so, from my PoV, with the 360.

So yeah, IMO PS3 > 360

Last edited:

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Neither. Wii dominates the market. The Wii is getting a lot of hate because it "is for 3 year old girls" and is not up to par with graphics. Right... I would give my theoretical 3 year old girl resident evil *rolls eyes*.

If I had to pick, it would be PS3 because I have a hate problem with Microsoft. Besides, why cant they all live in harmony instead of perpetual war:dry:?

I think your statement about the Wii sums about why the fans of the three consoles can't get along peacefully. A lot of people feel the need to defend their chosen choice right off of the gun.

It's okay to have a preference but there's a way to do so without putting the other consoles down.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam

So far, you're the only one I know who has called it a "3 year old girl's console"... Just because the Wii has some M rated titles, doesn't mean that it's catered toward the same audience the console is trying to appeal too.

I'm gonna go with the PS3, mostly because of the PSN Store. The 360 does have a better controller and better exclusives, though.

LOL! have you not heard of the XBOXLIVE Marketplace? It's the same exact thing as the PSN Store.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
LOL! have you not heard of the XBOXLIVE Marketplace? It's the same exact thing as the PSN Store.

Many games on PSN Store aren't on XBL Marketplace and vice versa! I've yet to see RE1-3 on XBL, they're not getting Chronicles HD Collection either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom