• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox 360 4GB Vs 250GB

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I know this question has been asked time and time again but hear me out okay? First off, what's the difference of playing the game on the disk vs. downloading it to the console? Second, I plan to play these games:
Borderlands
Catherine
Red Dead Redemption
Dead Space
Sneak King
and maybe Max Payne (I know you need a 250GB for old Xbox games)

Any advice would be really helpful!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Difference between game vs installing it is that you have a smaller chance of your Xbox eating your disc when it's installed (and the Xbox is a hella lot quieter).

250GB is just better, there's no real difference betweent he two besides storage capacity.

Salem

SICK
on a related note, could you just buy the 4gb and than remove the hard drive and replace with a bigger one? I'm asking..

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Two major differences - Like Ven said, it runs much quieter. The 360 disc drive is like a crop duster (I can't say whether that improved with the Slim)... Second major (and more important) feature is that it doesn't put so much wear and tear on the optical lens if you play the game a ton over time (it's the most likely component to fail in the long term on modern systems). Shorter load times were touted when the process was first introduced, but the benefit was largely negligible.

on a related note, could you just buy the 4gb and than remove the hard drive and replace with a bigger one? I'm asking..

The 4GB is flash memory so even if you can pick up an HDD separately, it will stay in. A little shopping will determine whether this is more cost effective than buying a 250gb system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom