• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

X or XII????

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Well I have a question for all of you final fantasy lovers. Which game do you think is better, 10 or 12? I havnt played them but ign gave them both a 9.5/10 and they were the editors choices so they're obviously good. So which did you like better.
Also I was thinking of possibly getting them but I'm not sure so feel frre to try to convince me :D

10. Like, no contest.

XII was a huge let-down for me. In short, the core mechanic, the gameplay, isn't up to the Final Fantasy standard. It seems almost like a complete experiment, which is 100% true now that I've seen it's fully evolved form, FFXIII, in all of its glory. The gameplay is extremely strange; it has real-time movement combined with the ATB gauge that's been with the series so long, and the combination doesn't really work at all. Especially when the "true" last installment (I don't consider XI a real title actually) was completely turn based. Everything else about the game seemed okay to me. Story was deep and involving, just like every other Final Fantasy game, and the graphics give you the absolute best you'll see on the PS2. But was it just me or did the sound seem a bit off? The voices seemed weird.... not exactly bad voice acting, but almost as if just the quality of the sound was bad..... but the soundtrack was AMAZING; just like every other Final Fantasy game. FFXII seemed to deliver in the majority of the main aspects the series in know for.... but with such a shaky gameplay style, it really negates the rest and makes it hard to enjoy.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I shall agree with Vergo and say FFX is the one I think is better out of the two.

Unlike FFXII, FFX kept my attention and had me wanting to play it and level up my characters. The story in FFX was a contributing factor to why I wanted to play it so much and think it's better. I loved the story in FFX. It caught my attention and held it throughout the whole entire game; FFXII didn't. I played a little bit into the game (can't remember where I left off, it's been a while) and got bored of it. The story didn't keep my attention and the only reason why I was still playing it was because I wanted to play something and that was only thing I had at the time. The fighting style is another reason why I think FFX is better. In FFX, I liked the Random battles you would have that would take you to another screen in order to fight the enemies you have encountered; FFXII didn't have that. You fought the monsters while still walking around; it got rid of the different screen you saw in order to fight them. The characters were another thing. In FFX, the main characters they had seemed interesting and I wanted to get to know them better as the story progressed. In FFXII, I didn't get that same feeling. I felt that how I had seen the main characters when I first met them was all that they were going to be. It seemed to me that they didn't really have any character depth. Although I could be wrong on this impression, since I've never beaten the game myself, but I have seen someone else play and beat it.

But yeah, there's probably a few other things that I could mention, but at the moment I can't think of them. I'm not completely hating on FFXII though, I mean, it was a good game, but in terms of it being better than FFX, I'll have to disagree on that by saying that in my opinion, FFX is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom