• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the check by Deku last night is fine if his claim is truthful. Evan was in my nulls as well so it makes sense to sort him out.

What bugs me was the nature of his claim, the interactions with funnier, and who he choose to peak on Night 1 if his claim is truthful.

He claimed his role in one post and then bizarrely wrote that he checked someone we all thought was clear already in a separate post. And to top it all off, he shouldn't have been able to do so given funnier's claim.

All of these quotes point out something I agree with, and looks pretty odd. Knowing that funnier actually was the roleblocker now makes Deku's cop claim fishy, since funnier seemed to imply he roleblocked Deku n1. Plus like Vergo and Ryu said, claiming to have gotten a town result on Yiga was a super safe claim. Given that Yiga seemed an obvious town read after Storm flipped at the end of day 1, I'm still not sure why Deku would use his role on him. I know that he gave his reasoning that he doesn't like to trust confident town leans, but with Yiga I think it was pretty easy to trust that he was town. Seeing as he usually looks scummy otherwise, so it'd be hard for him to pull something off like that as scum I think.

I wanted to address this the previous day, but the day ended before I woke up. I do understand why everyone is questioning my read of Keiko, as it seems a bit of a stretch. However, in Anime Mafia I feel like he played a similar way and I was the only one to really catch onto it then, that he was SK. So I'm partially trusting my gut read of him again. The things that lead me to feel he was third party scum in that game was the fact that he seemed less invested in who was lynched but just wanted to lynch someone. He was a bit wishy-washy and going after multiple people for being "suspicious", but then would go with the easier lynch instead of his own scum leans. That's why I'm using Anime mafia to claim you could be SK/third party this game. I do know they're two completely different games, but I try to look for similar patterns across games to get reads on people.

I will say that even though Yiga is a super easy town read this game, I usually find him extremely scummy even when he is town. This is the first game I've seen him step it up to make himself actually look town so I feel like I've needed to explain my town read of him. Funnier is also always fairly easy to read his alignment. He's basically always on my town list or scum list, never really neutral because of that. Deku I thought possible town on day 1 because I try to give him the benefit of the doubt early on in games because I also tend to go after him a lot for scummy actions, even when he's town.

No one has seemed to comment on this, but I think it seems pretty important. I don't want to point out exactly why in case mafia doesn't pick up on it, but this confirms my town lean on karu even further and I happen to trust what she's saying here.

I have some other thoughts I want to post before I forget them, but I also have a headache right now, so hopefully they make sense. I agree that it looks like Deadpool was the other person who targeted funnier. It looks to be SK, but since the role is Deadpool I could really see any variation of third party being possible. However, like others have said, I don't think we need to be focusing on SK right now instead of mafia. SK is less of a threat to town, but I do think it's still important to post our thoughts about that topic. It could come in handy having as much info/opinions on that later on in the game.

Something that I haven't seen anyone else mention though, is the fact that the flavor text seems to point to Deadpool not willingly targeting funnier himself. He said it wasn't the person he meant to kill, so I feel like there's a possible town role that intervened there? My first thought was a transporter, but I'm not sure if that works out right.

Replying to the Keiko thing I asked you about: funnier seemed to say something similar when he was alive. It's a meta kind of read. I'm still unsure about him because I feel like he doesn't commit to his reads too much, which is what I want to see more of.

@Ryuken On principle, I never lynch a claim on the day they claim unless it's proven to be false or more likely to be a mafia role. I said there was a liar between Deku and funnier, but I couldn't make sense of it in the chaos so I stuck to my suspicion of Doc who I believed was constantly contradicting himself.

One thing I’m finding very hard to get it that DekuNut is a cop and here’s why.

First off. If he is the cop How come he never checked me before and he had I think another night to check me.

Second off. I think now that we’re all voting on him and he notice that if he keeps doing this with me he’s not gonna go anywhere so he lied and said I’m a cop and Evan is innocent... I don’t believe cause that doesn’t make sense.

Third off. It’s only me he talks to and why not anyone else???

I’m still sticking with my vote.

@HylianEVAN What does your second point mean?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
We're 1 away from maj.

I'd say we don't hammer him yet since we still have a day and a half left of this current day phase.

I am still pretty on the fence with Deku. I still find him scummy and nothing about his play has really changed that. The whole cop claim is still throwing me off. His investigations, his lack of giving us his intel until after he claimed, funnier softing roleblocker. Nothing about this makes sense. This is why I changed my vote to doc (Well it was first Ryu and then he made it apparent that his vote on Deku after he claimed was a mistake so my reason to vouch for his lynch was gone but I do still find him a bit suspicious but that just might just be his playstyle), but doc was the safest bet at the time in my opinion. I was hoping Deku's day 2 results would make it easier for me to trust him but I am still a bit iffy on him.

Quick reads list I guess

Deku seems like the most scummy Ryu still giving me some vibes but leaning more toward neutral now
Karu and Minish haven't posted enough
Vergo and ALIT are a pretty strong town lead for me but they are both very smart mafia players so I could be disappointingly wrong about them
Evan and Yiga are allegedy confirmed town

Sorry this isn't much. I just wanted to give a few thoughts in case a hammer happened. I'm still pretty sick. :/

karu

Panamaniac
So we're just going to pretend like this little quote never happened? :

Because it happened, and you were quoting funnier and bolding his own words. You are directly accusing him of trying to protect Storm, of "scum trying to protect scum". Your words.

Honestly, I'm not interested in you today, and I'm not calling for your lynch. But please let's not try to pretend like what I'm saying is coming out of nowhere without reason.

I was killed night one and flipped town. I replaced Tristian half way through day two. Have you forgotten all of this as well? I would suggesting keeping your eyes more on the game and less just on me.

Ryuken, I honest to god think you're town right now, but I really don't understand why you're jumping down my throat about a contradiction that didn't occur. You see that quote up there, and I was very specific when I said what karu did at the start of day two.

I appreciate you as a player, and I'm grateful you're here, but you seem to talk a lot while saying very little.
I'm not going to be that petty person that when they called out on something they did wrong, they try to ignore it.

I'm acknowledging that I made some mistakes, it completely crossed my mind that I did that accusation towards funnier; I think I forgot it because I didn't try to pursue it any further. Actually going back to day 2, I even freaking told Go-go that he would be avenged when he was killed, the f*ck is up with me? How could I forget this sh*t so easily?! I'm apologizing for that, but I know that you're an aggressive player so I don't take it personally if I do seem scum to you.

Now the Deku-stick situation, not going to lie I believed him when he claimed cop. But the way he's posting it's just not Deku, it's very off, of course now he leans scum to me. I wonder, if I choose not to vote for him because he already has many votes, are you guys going to call me out on it? Personally, I'd rather look more into Alit and Ayano; I'm going to do a little backtracking.

Day 1 Final Vote Tally:
Stormageden747 - 5 (YIGAhim, funnier6, Doc, Ayano Keiko, A Link In Time)
Ryuken - 1 (DekuNut)

Not voting - Minish_Link, HylianEVAN, Tristan, karu, Stormageden747, Ryuken, Ver-go-a-go-go

What are the chances of there being a scum among a scum wagon? hmmm... HIGH LIKE PEOPLE ON COCAINE!

Day 2 Final Vote Tally:
Doc - 4 (A Link In Time, DekuNut, Ryuken, Ayano Keiko)

Ryuken - 1 (YIGAhim)
DekuNut - 2 (Minish_Link, HylianEVAN)
HylianEVAN - 1 (Doc)
Ayano Keiko - 1 (funnier6)

Not voting - karu, Ver-go-a-go-go

Look, I know there was 1 mafia member in the Doc wagon!

Yiga is basically confirmed town by everyone so I'm not counting him, funnier and Doc (sorry Doc, I'm sorry I betrayed you I will avenge you!) are confirmed town by their deaths, which all deaths will be avenged! BUTT Anzu and Alit, both not yet to be confirmed by anyone, and they are both in the same wagons. One of those 2 is definitely freaking mafia, and I have a suspicion that one of them is mafia and the other the 3rd party.
Based on both days, I'm leaning towards Ayano being the mafia. On the first day they were one of the lasts to vote for Storma and same on the second day; to me, scum don't jump on a wagon early on because it draws attention to themselves, they vote when the wagon has at least 2-3 non-mafia players who are already voting. Anzu could be the 3rd party because some got that feeling, funnier and minish I believe, but really what are those chances?
Alit was the last to hop on the Storma wagon, but the first on the Doc wagon. For these reason he's not leaning mafia, way to risky, and there was only 1 mafia member in the Doc wagon, but I'm not ruling him out for the possibility of being 3rd party.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: Doc

karu

Panamaniac
I'm not going to be that petty person that when they called out on something they did wrong, they try to ignore it.

I'm acknowledging that I made some mistakes, it completely crossed my mind that I did that accusation towards funnier; I think I forgot it because I didn't try to pursue it any further. Actually going back to day 2, I even freaking told Go-go that he would be avenged when he was killed, the f*ck is up with me? How could I forget this sh*t so easily?! I'm apologizing for that, but I know that you're an aggressive player so I don't take it personally if I do seem scum to you.

Now the Deku-stick situation, not going to lie I believed him when he claimed cop. But the way he's posting it's just not Deku, it's very off, of course now he leans scum to me. I wonder, if I choose not to vote for him because he already has many votes, are you guys going to call me out on it? Personally, I'd rather look more into Alit and Ayano; I'm going to do a little backtracking.

Day 1 Final Vote Tally:
Ryuken - 1 (DekuNut)

Not voting - Minish_Link, HylianEVAN, Tristan, karu, Stormageden747, Ryuken, Ver-go-a-go-go

What are the chances of there being a scum among a scum wagon? hmmm... HIGH LIKE PEOPLE ON COCAINE!

Day 2 Final Vote Tally:
Ryuken - 1 (YIGAhim)
HylianEVAN - 1 (Doc)

Yiga is basically confirmed town by everyone so I'm not counting him, funnier and Doc (sorry Doc, I'm sorry I betrayed you I will avenge you!) are confirmed town by their deaths, which all deaths will be avenged! BUTT Anzu and Alit, both not yet to be confirmed by anyone, and they are both in the same wagons. One of those 2 is definitely freaking mafia, and I have a suspicion that one of them is mafia and the other the 3rd party.
Based on both days, I'm leaning towards Ayano being the mafia. On the first day they were one of the lasts to vote for Storma and same on the second day; to me, scum don't jump on a wagon early on because it draws attention to themselves, they vote when the wagon has at least 2-3 non-mafia players who are already voting. Anzu could be the 3rd party because some got that feeling, funnier and minish I believe, but really what are those chances?
Alit was the last to hop on the Storma wagon, but the first on the Doc wagon. For these reason he's not leaning mafia, way to risky, and there was only 1 mafia member in the Doc wagon, but I'm not ruling him out for the possibility of being 3rd party.

What do you guys think?

Vote: Ayano

Forgot to put that in my last post

karu

Panamaniac
Also, I'm going to be doing homework for the rest of the night, it's currently like what? 11pm here? So I'll be checking in now and then

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Being the first on a mislynch wagon isn't scummy to you? I don't get that logic, even if it was an honest mistake. You say that there is a scum on the Doc wagon, and Deku's name is on that wagon.

karu

Panamaniac
I'm still very freaking unsure about Deku, I want to believe him but I just can't can't. And I fell like if he was truly mafia, then he'd do a better job at defending himself, but the way he's playing just seems off. To tell you the truth, I don't know how to feel about Deku

I'm apologizing for that, but I know that you're an aggressive player so I don't take it personally if I do seem scum to you.

I understand. It was just something that stuck out to me like a sore thumb, but you seem genuine here.

Now the Deku-stick situation, not going to lie I believed him when he claimed cop. But the way he's posting it's just not Deku, it's very off, of course now he leans scum to me. I wonder, if I choose not to vote for him because he already has many votes, are you guys going to call me out on it?

Deku's proposal to investigate anyone we choose is an interesting one, I just don't know if it's worth it at the moment.

Personally, I'd rather look more into Alit and Ayano; I'm going to do a little backtracking.

Day 1 Final Vote Tally:
Ryuken - 1 (DekuNut)

Day 2 Final Vote Tally:
Ryuken - 1 (YIGAhim)
HylianEVAN - 1 (Doc)

If I believe you are who you say you are, this makes sense to me. Ayano has been scum-leaning neutral for me for pretty much the whole game. In a perfect world, Ayano was the one you picked up on the Storm wagon, and Deku was the one you picked up on the Doc wagon (or some combination thereof with Ayano and ALIT).

You have a very powerful ability, one I think we need to pay full attention to. I'm left thinking Deku is still the best lynch for today regardless if he's lying or not (how long is the cop really going to be alive anyway now that he's claimed and the doctor is dead?), but Ayano and ALIT should be up next if what you say is true.

Regardless of this, do you believe we should lynch Ayano and take Deku up on his proposal?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I would agree with you @karu but there is a flaw with your ideas. For the Storma wagon the first 3 votes were more day 1 gut read votes and there was no real wagon until the end of the day when storma still had pressure on them and decided to claim role cop, something ALIT and I realized was a mafia role so we both jumped on that wagon. I feel like it is possible that one of the first 3 votes could have been mafia but the fast paced nature of the last 2 votes and the fact that it happened immediately after a mafia role claim doesn't seem very likely. Still possible but I am not sure it is very possible. I know take this with a grain of salt since I am one of those 2 people. With the Doc lynch that was also a fast pace chaotic mess. I honestly don't remember who was first on that wagon who switched off it and who jumped on it late. I know the votes clearly show an order but I remember funnier jumping on and off it a few time and I joined in on it in the heat of everyone on that wagon voting. People were on Deku and then late in the day he claimed cop so everyone jumped off it and moved over to Doc. I was still on the fence about it personally and was debating not voting that day but I personally feel like it's more suspicious to not vote than it is to vote so I went with Doc. Again I am on that wagon so I guess take it with a grain of salt. I just feel like with the doc mislynch it was so chaotic for the last hour of the day I feel like it would have been hard for mafia to formulate a plan and with people jumping on and off votes mafia could have been anywhere on there. I still think your theory is possible but it doesn't make sense to me how it would have worked in those situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom