• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
Why is Ayana keiko so confused on a lot of stuff even from yesterday on what she did.

Ok first off no Offense but I wonder if she’s playing stupid and hiding if she’s the mafia or maybe she’s not the mafia sense she’s confused and believes a lot of stuff from what I’ve seen so far.

To be honest she dosnt sound like the mafia cause I don’t think the mafia would get confused and believes stuff from the other player (Not being rude) but that’s my thoughts.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I can confirm Evan to be truthful when he said he is not mafia. Hmm I wonder what that role is... (Not hard claim)

I have one more use of my power. :D

This makes Ryuken less of a suspicion.
Idk if I’m allowed to say my role but it’s not mafia[/QUOTE]
edgeworth-strained(a).gif

JUUUUUUUUUST be careful that you don't actually outright say it. We can only role claim once per day, and we don't want that to go to waste.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Why is Ayana keiko so confused on a lot of stuff even from yesterday on what she did.

Ok first off no Offense but I wonder if she’s playing stupid and hiding if she’s the mafia or maybe she’s not the mafia sense she’s confused and believes a lot of stuff from what I’ve seen so far.

To be honest she dosnt sound like the mafia cause I don’t think the mafia would get confused and believes stuff from the other player (Not being rude) but that’s my thoughts.
What

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The only things I recall being confused about are the flavor text and the busser thing (Which I admit I might of glanced over and forgot about what happened I had the flu and went to a funeral yesterday so I really dont know wt happened yesterday)

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I think I might be missing something else. People keep bringing up the idea of a busser but I don't know how that started.
Here you go:
“Cold guy?” the mask wearer asked out loud. “Wait a minute! This wasn’t the one I came here to kill! Holy shark bandanas! This is so weird. Well, I’m off to bed then, you odd honkey. Smell ya later!”
Something that I haven't seen anyone else mention though, is the fact that the flavor text seems to point to Deadpool not willingly targeting funnier himself. He said it wasn't the person he meant to kill, so I feel like there's a possible town role that intervened there? My first thought was a transporter, but I'm not sure if that works out right.
Good catch. It sounds like we might have a Bus Driver, though I don't know if they're Town-aligned or Mafia-aligned yet. Just wanted to comment on this before being swept away into my work.

karu: I changed my thoughts on them after giving D2 ANOTHER read, and here's why. Ver-go placed suspicion on them because of their inactivity D1, their leans on funnier6 at the very beginning of Day 2, and how they were "jumping on the bad Doc wagon," purposefully avoiding the DekuNut train. These points would give me a neutral/slight scum lean towards karu if I didn't have issue with the implications of the third point. karu has been scumhunting and trying to make connections even when they lead them to having a scum lean on Doc. They've also provided multiple reasons for their inactivity. They're not just sitting around and saying stuff hoping it sticks to anyone that isn't Deku. I feel like Ver-go has been taking karu's posts in isolation instead of in context, which is why I don't agree with the picture they're painting of karu.

Taking posts in isolation is paramount when it comes to trying to understand what a players motivation was at a given moment. I agree that context is critical for other things, but it's important to note that karu, right out of the game for day 2, accused a player that seemed to be incredibly pro-town in my eyes.

As I've said multiple times, I'm not advocating for a karu lynch. In fact, given the hints she's dropped, I don't know if I'd be willing to advocate for her lynch in the near future either. I think I'd need Deku to flip and another night to occur before I'd do that.

One thing I'm wary about is the way they word their posts because they're always so.... intense and perceptive, like they're words straight from the avatar himself. No offense, of course.

I tend to get too aggressive when I play mafia, I'll admit. I'm an argument focused person, so that's probably why.

And how about this: if I get lynched, fine. Not my best game. But, if I survive the day, the town can choose who I target tonight. Deal?

I don't know if this is worth it given what we've heard from Yiga.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Vote: Deku

If Deku flips town, we lost a valuable role. But, I truly can't believe Deku would use the role of cop that way, so I can't believe the claim.

[Spoiker]
So this is what the player ratio looks like at the moment:

6 Town: 2 Mafia: 1 Serial Killer

If we mislynch today, D4 is going to be a Mylo at best or Lylo at worst depending on the Mafia/SK's actions. Let's make sure we get our suspects straightened out.

latest

edgeworth-smirk(a).gif

I spy with my little eye... a contradiction.

Now, as you probably already noticed, whenever a miscommunication or error occurs, I won't hesitate to point it out. The error here is that this statement contradicts karu's posts from Day 2:

No other post they have made has ever indicated any other sort of read on funnier6. In fact, the closest to even a NEUTRAL read funnier6 has ever got was from Minish, Ayano, and ALIT.

Now what would prompt you to say what you said? This is the only post I could find that could have been misread:

Upon skimming through the D2 discussion, this could have been a phrase that stuck in your mind, causing you to believe that was a point from karu instead of Storma. However, I don't say this because I'm defending you, oh no. It's the opposite, because if you're going to do a read on someone after being inactive, you should have plenty of time to process the previous reads and information from other players.
edgeworth-objection.gif

I agree with karu not just because I find these kind of slip-ups suspicious (like with Yigahim, which he still has yet to answer for), but also the fact that you're pursuing a player that most of us read as neutral or town. It's also a player who has provided multiple and reasonable explanations for their inactivity.
[/Spoiler]

I find myself siding with Ryuken here about Vergo misinterpreting some of karu's reads here. I'm not a fan of her refusing to cast a vote and defending a Mafioso on Day 1. She says it's her playstyle, but I'll counter that by saying everyone has to commit eventually or they avoid responsibility all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom