• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Unfortunately, I forgot booze was expensive, so didn't get as drunk as some people may have been hoping for.
Also, what's with everyone being off on me investigating my scumlean? It was an unpopular opinion, but at this point if he was scum I doubt he would've gotten lynched any time soon. I investigated who I thought the town wouldnt, not those who would end up a topic of discussion anyways. Those will come given time. Evsn was virtually safe for the foreseeable future.
Gonna be honest that seems really unhelpful

Unfortunately, I forgot booze was expensive, so didn't get as drunk as some people may have been hoping for.
Also, what's with everyone being off on me investigating my scumlean? It was an unpopular opinion, but at this point if he was scum I doubt he would've gotten lynched any time soon. I investigated who I thought the town wouldnt, not those who would end up a topic of discussion anyways. Those will come given time. Evsn was virtually safe for the foreseeable future.

I just really feel like you would make a better investigation if you were the real cop. You had intense pressure on you yesterday, why wouldn't you go the safe route to ensure your survival? Why not investigate a very active player whose being confirmed town would be a huge boon? Instead you went after a newbie that, excuse my bluntness, hasn't been overly helpful and whose being confirmed town does little to help us find scum.

If you had confirmed Ryuken, for example, I would be much, much more lenient here because I would know I could most likely completely trust what he has to say. But that didn't happen, and I don't like what happened with funnier yesterday. Separate of that, like I said, I think you flipping would help with other things too given your relationships with other characters earlier in the game.

I also feel like you'd be making a much harsher defense of yourself if you were the real cop. If I was the real cop and this was happening to me right now, I'd be freaking the hell out because something is very wrong, the cop is about to be lynched, and I have no clue what it is.

Also, if I were mafia, I would know who is or isnt mafia. I wouldn't have to make safe points becayse I would already know.

Making safe reads is absolutely all you would do as mafia. Confirming obvious town like Yiga is so much more beneficial to the mafia than "confirming" someone like me or Ryuken. Sorry if I sound like a pompous ass here, but I think the mafia knows what they're doing this game and is familiar with me as a player because I died night one with literally no indication I had a powerful role like Vigilante. A mafia member would know "confirming" active town players that aren't 100% proven town is a bad idea.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The mafia can also kill whoever they want. They could confirm you and then just off you again. It's not like there's a doctor to stop them, nor did they know about a bus driver or something until it was brought up today. They were virtually unopposed at night until recently.
As for the defense bit, I understand how good my lynch could be for the town. It wohld still prove two peiple. It would give you guys a lot to consider after yesterday.
And how about this: if I get lynched, fine. Not my best game. But, if I survive the day, the town can choose who I target tonight. Deal?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I am alive. Sorry about not being here.

I can confirm Evan to be truthful when he said he is not mafia. Hmm I wonder what that role is... (Not hard claim)

I have one more use of my power. :D

This makes Ryuken less of a suspicion.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Here are my reads as of this post. Don't blink, or you'll miss them.

Suspects
DekuNut: In light of a possible Bus Driver, the suspicion surrounding them has weakened slightly, but I'm not convinced they're a cop just yet. To reiterate, the timing of their info reveal was a bit suspicious since they role claimed in their first post before proceeding to reveal their info in the next post. At this point, most of us were convinced Yiga was town, so this was a safe claim. There's also their behavior towards EVAN, which led to them "investigating" them the following night despite the fact that as memey as he acted, he was the worst suspect to investigate because he would likely give us the least information. "He pissed me off, so I'm gonna investigate them." Is not a good excuse.
Ayano Keiko: On D1, they were reluctant about voting Storma, saying all they had was a "gut feeling." Of course, they voted upon Storma role-claiming, but honestly, anyone and everyone would've done that. They also mentioned D2 how lynching them wouldn't give town much information, but since we now got a Serial Killer and a Bus Driver floating around, I wouldn't be so sure. Finally, EVAN made a good point about Keiko's behavior during the two hour chaos. I got OMGUS voted, meaning Keiko thought I was actually stupid for voting a cop. Sure, you could blame it on the effect the chaos was having to brain cells, but I believe that's just an excuse for scum.

Testing the Waters
Minish_Link: They have a pretty clear thought-process, and they make some good connections as well as have a very-detailed reads list. They also ask for opinions on said reads list, meaning they're confident we won't find their thoughts suspicious. Personally, I want to think they're a townie, but the rate at which they posts makes me want to get info out of them first to confirm.
HylianEVAN: Memes, memes, memes. However, they gave us a reads list (which I found hilarious to read through and put me on my good side), showing that they're more invested in this game and willing to help out Town. By far my best candidate out of the neutrals to change to Town. And despite the memes, they've been very active, meaning they're reading our posts. The only thing keeping me from clearing him is my suspicions surrounding Deku's investigation, which you should know by now.
A Link in Time: Same as Minish_Link. In fact, I'm not sure how I feel about their reads toward the end of D2. As analytical as he is, he was pushing for the Doc lynch, refusing to challenge Deku's suspicious cop claim. I reluctantly stayed on Doc due to his urging and reads, but something tells me I was somehow tricked by the Mafia. In any case, I can't place them on either side of the spectrum
karu: I changed my thoughts on them after giving D2 ANOTHER read, and here's why. Ver-go placed suspicion on them because of their inactivity D1, their leans on funnier6 at the very beginning of Day 2, and how they were "jumping on the bad Doc wagon," purposefully avoiding the DekuNut train. These points would give me a neutral/slight scum lean towards karu if I didn't have issue with the implications of the third point. karu has been scumhunting and trying to make connections even when they lead them to having a scum lean on Doc. They've also provided multiple reasons for their inactivity. They're not just sitting around and saying stuff hoping it sticks to anyone that isn't Deku. I feel like Ver-go has been taking karu's posts in isolation instead of in context, which is why I don't agree with the picture they're painting of karu.

Cleared For Now
YigAHim: D1 actions against Storma and their reactions to me D2. First point is redundant, but I'll explain the second. I made a slip-up as Town trying to get info out of him forgetting that the Mafia would target him the next night if he spilled the beans, and he became rightfully suspicious of me. They seem to know what they're doing despite a few hiccups, and since other experienced players have noted his improvement from previous games, I'm trusting those reads.
Ver-go-a-go-go: They have made excellent connections so far and have a clear thought-process. We're on the same wavelength when it comes to Deku for the most part, but then again, I expect everyone else will be at some point. One thing I'm wary about is the way they word their posts because they're always so.... intense and perceptive, like they're words straight from the avatar himself. No offense, of course. Also, I don't agree with their read of karu overall, but they're not being presented as today's top suspect, so we're good... for now.

Ryuken

I am alive. Sorry about not being here.

I can confirm Evan to be truthful when he said he is not mafia. Hmm I wonder what that role is... (Not hard claim)

This makes Ryuken less of a suspicion.
Don't tell me your N2 investigation was also...
Wait, first of all, your thoughts on Deku claiming cop. We need them now.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I didn't look in too much, but If I recall correctly Deku claimed to cop check me.

WHo would ever do that? No way am I buying it. Confirmed town needs no further confirmation, and that's an easy assumption to make.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
One thing I am supremely confused about is Magneto seemed to be the first killer and Deadpool seemed to be the second. We lost the Doc so unless funnier somehow roleblocked mafia before he died. But what are the chances of the SK being blocked night one and mafia being blocked night 2. Am I missing something here?

Ryuken

One thing I am supremely confused about is Magneto seemed to be the first killer and Deadpool seemed to be the second. We lost the Doc so unless funnier somehow roleblocked mafia before he died. But what are the chances of the SK being blocked night one and mafia being blocked night 2. Am I missing something here?
Many things could be deduced here. The fluff from D1 implied the Mafia were the only ones killing, and they killed one target. No evidence of a SK came until N2, meaning the SK was either role-blocked N1 or they attacked someone who was protected from or immune to night kills. We haven't seen any evidence of a immunity role, so perhaps our good friend the Doctor protected the SK's target.
If the latter is true, that just makes Doc's death all the more frustrating since Deku already used up D2's role claim. We could have gotten some valuable information from Doc's claim.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
Here are my reads as of this post. Don't blink, or you'll miss them.

Suspects
DekuNut: In light of a possible Bus Driver, the suspicion surrounding them has weakened slightly, but I'm not convinced they're a cop just yet. To reiterate, the timing of their info reveal was a bit suspicious since they role claimed in their first post before proceeding to reveal their info in the next post. At this point, most of us were convinced Yiga was town, so this was a safe claim. There's also their behavior towards EVAN, which led to them "investigating" them the following night despite the fact that as memey as he acted, he was the worst suspect to investigate because he would likely give us the least information. "He pissed me off, so I'm gonna investigate them." Is not a good excuse.
Ayano Keiko: On D1, they were reluctant about voting Storma, saying all they had was a "gut feeling." Of course, they voted upon Storma role-claiming, but honestly, anyone and everyone would've done that. They also mentioned D2 how lynching them wouldn't give town much information, but since we now got a Serial Killer and a Bus Driver floating around, I wouldn't be so sure. Finally, EVAN made a good point about Keiko's behavior during the two hour chaos. I got OMGUS voted, meaning Keiko thought I was actually stupid for voting a cop. Sure, you could blame it on the effect the chaos was having to brain cells, but I believe that's just an excuse for scum.

Testing the Waters
Minish_Link: They have a pretty clear thought-process, and they make some good connections as well as have a very-detailed reads list. They also ask for opinions on said reads list, meaning they're confident we won't find their thoughts suspicious. Personally, I want to think they're a townie, but the rate at which they posts makes me want to get info out of them first to confirm.
HylianEVAN: Memes, memes, memes. However, they gave us a reads list (which I found hilarious to read through and put me on my good side), showing that they're more invested in this game and willing to help out Town. By far my best candidate out of the neutrals to change to Town. And despite the memes, they've been very active, meaning they're reading our posts. The only thing keeping me from clearing him is my suspicions surrounding Deku's investigation, which you should know by now.
A Link in Time: Same as Minish_Link. In fact, I'm not sure how I feel about their reads toward the end of D2. As analytical as he is, he was pushing for the Doc lynch, refusing to challenge Deku's suspicious cop claim. I reluctantly stayed on Doc due to his urging and reads, but something tells me I was somehow tricked by the Mafia. In any case, I can't place them on either side of the spectrum
karu: I changed my thoughts on them after giving D2 ANOTHER read, and here's why. Ver-go placed suspicion on them because of their inactivity D1, their leans on funnier6 at the very beginning of Day 2, and how they were "jumping on the bad Doc wagon," purposefully avoiding the DekuNut train. These points would give me a neutral/slight scum lean towards karu if I didn't have issue with the implications of the third point. karu has been scumhunting and trying to make connections even when they lead them to having a scum lean on Doc. They've also provided multiple reasons for their inactivity. They're not just sitting around and saying stuff hoping it sticks to anyone that isn't Deku. I feel like Ver-go has been taking karu's posts in isolation instead of in context, which is why I don't agree with the picture they're painting of karu.

Cleared For Now
YigAHim: D1 actions against Storma and their reactions to me D2. First point is redundant, but I'll explain the second. I made a slip-up as Town trying to get info out of him forgetting that the Mafia would target him the next night if he spilled the beans, and he became rightfully suspicious of me. They seem to know what they're doing despite a few hiccups, and since other experienced players have noted his improvement from previous games, I'm trusting those reads.
Ver-go-a-go-go: They have made excellent connections so far and have a clear thought-process. We're on the same wavelength when it comes to Deku for the most part, but then again, I expect everyone else will be at some point. One thing I'm wary about is the way they word their posts because they're always so.... intense and perceptive, like they're words straight from the avatar himself. No offense, of course. Also, I don't agree with their read of karu overall, but they're not being presented as today's top suspect, so we're good... for now.
At least someone got my memes but I stopped cause they hated it and at least I’m not the only one who think DekuNut is up to something

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
One thing I’m finding very hard to get it that DekuNut is a cop and here’s why.

First off. If he is the cop How come he never checked me before and he had I think another night to check me.

Second off. I think now that we’re all voting on him and he notice that if he keeps doing this with me he’s not gonna go anywhere so he lied and said I’m a cop and Evan is innocent... I don’t believe cause that doesn’t make sense.

Third off. It’s only me he talks to and why not anyone else???

I’m still sticking with my vote.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself

This makes Ryuken less of a suspicion.[/QUOTE]
Idk if I’m allowed to say my role but it’s not mafia

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I think I might be missing something else. People keep bringing up the idea of a busser but I don't know how that started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom