• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem rather obvious that Deadpool is our Serial Killer this game. Super popular character, acts like a jackass in the night scene, red mask, it all makes sense.

I don't think it's useful to speculate about who the SK is at this point though, as Deku should be our main concern. We can't let a cop claim and a lying contention just waltz right by like that.

I'll say right now, based on Deku's interactions with Storm and how Storm treated him on day one, I'm inclined to believe Deku fake-claimed, hoped the real doctor would reveal themselves, but then had his bluff called by funnier, who is conveniently dead now.

Besides all the fluff, it appears we may in fact have a serial killer on our hands, which basically means we have found our independent role for this game. And that means we just have to be wary of one person:

I'm not particularly interested in the identity of the SK at this point (I don't see how it helps the current situation), but what I am interested in is your fixation on the SK. Why do you think it's important we know who it is at this very moment?

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Why is the fact that I was SK in Anime mafia something people are using to claim I am SK in this game? It's 2 completely different games with completely different roles. I really don't understand it. Also, Anime mafia was my first game in 2 years. I am still a little rusty lol
Fair point. I am making observations based on other people's reads, which just so happen to line up on the same wavelength (and quite beautifully, too). Another possibility is that Minish is the SK since funnier took note of Minish's read, but that's just conjecture.

A meta-themed possibility and a read-themed possibilty. In light of our fellow SK being Deadpool, the fourth-wall breaker himself, a meta-themed possibility would make sense, but that as far as my thoughts on that go.

Chip-chop, Yiga and Deku, we're waiting.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Just because SK is not sided with the Town doesn't mean they are sided with the mafia either. We are scum hunting not SK hunting.

I want to vote for Deku since Funnier flipped RBer but I do want to see what his results are before I do anything since there was no counterclaim.

Ryuken

I'm not particularly interested in the identity of the SK at this point (I don't see how it helps the current situation), but what I am interested in is your fixation on the SK. Why do you think it's important we know who it is at this very moment?
I'm just bringing up my thoughts on it now so that we have something to keep in mind after this day. I like to get all the info and my thoughts out so that we all are on the same page.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
Here’s my thoughts on everyone.

YIGAhim. Well we all know he’s most likely a towns person and I haven’t seen and scum to him so there’s nothing I can really say other than that

DekuNut. Well You all know I don’t trust him and I already gave you the reasons why but I’ll say it again,
The way how he’s always pointing me out on my mistakes (which I don’t do on purpose) and he’s always on my case on what I do and I can never read him right and how he flipped on day one so there’s my thoughts on him.

Ryuken. From my point of view it looks like he knows what he’s talking about and there’s nothing really scummy I find about him so that’s what I think about him.

Ayana keiko. Well from what I’ve seen so far even from yesterday she sounds gull able, lemme explain. When deku said he was the cop. Ayana believed him and un vote him and then when someone said he wasn’t and gave a good point. She said she dosnt believe him anymore so that’s my thoughts on here but I don’t think I see any scum to her besides believing a lot of what they say.

Karu. I haven’t seen anything scummy about her plus she has been helping me a lot with this game so there’s nothing I can really say then she dosnt seem like the killer... but maybe she’s playing nice person and she is hiding who she really is!!!

A link in time. Well ever sense I’ve been active on here I haven’t seen anything scummy besides him forcing me to make this post lol but like I said with Karu, maybe he’s playing nice person but that’s my opinion sense he hasn’t done anything scummy if what I’ve seen.

Minish Link. He’s so hard to read. Ugh i can’t seem to find anything but from what I heard from other players. He’s been acting like a scum so I really don’t know what to say about him but I’ll try to later.

Ver-go-a-go-go. Ever sense I’ve seen him I haven’t seen anything scummy plus I haven’t seen a lot of people vote for him so I’m trusting my guts and say he dosnt sound like the killer to me.

Well there’s my first opinion on everyone. I don’t expect you to agree on everything but that’s what I think possibly be true.

I want to vote for Deku since Funnier flipped RBer but I do want to see what his results are before I do anything since there was no counterclaim.

This should be our course of action, I believe. I think Deku's flip will provide some valuable insight into the players I'm most fascinated by after reading the game, being karu and Minish.

karu was 100% silent throughout day one when Storm was lynched, and Minish shared the same hesitation. karu immediately throws suspicion on day two towards funnier, while having no trouble jumping on the bad Doc wagon and not wanting to vote for Deku.

Minish..... was almost verbatim the exact same. Like, disturbingly so. She thought funnier, Yiga, and Deku were all town..... but two of those were laughably easy town reads at that point. I don't think Yiga planned it, but he was definitely the most town looking player after day one, and funnier was far too pro-town for his own good. Rule of three could definitely apply here, as she doesn't vote for Deku until there's quite a bit of mounting pressure.

Definitely smelling scum out of Deku, Minish, or karu. Wouldn't be surprised if two of them were.

karu

Panamaniac
Day 2 Final Vote Tally:
Doc - 4 (A Link In Time, DekuNut, Ryuken, Ayano Keiko)

Ryuken - 1 (YIGAhim)
DekuNut - 2 (Minish_Link, HylianEVAN)
HylianEVAN - 1 (Doc)
Ayano Keiko - 1 (funnier6)

I know that there was one mafia member in the Doc wagon, so Alit, DekuDeku, Ryu, or Ayano, one of them is mafia. I'll have to go back and re-read day 2 so I can eliminate possible candidates.

Also, why do you guys keep calling me out on not being active on day 1, I don't know how many times I've already said that I'm not active on the first days. And the fact that I don't vote to lynch someone, how do some of you find that scummy? This is how I play, end of discussion.
This should be our course of action, I believe. I think Deku's flip will provide some valuable insight into the players I'm most fascinated by after reading the game, being karu and Minish.

karu was 100% silent throughout day one when Storm was lynched, and Minish shared the same hesitation. karu immediately throws suspicion on day two towards funnier, while having no trouble jumping on the bad Doc wagon and not wanting to vote for Deku.

Minish..... was almost verbatim the exact same. Like, disturbingly so. She thought funnier, Yiga, and Deku were all town..... but two of those were laughably easy town reads at that point. I don't think Yiga planned it, but he was definitely the most town looking player after day one, and funnier was far too pro-town for his own good. Rule of three could definitely apply here, as she doesn't vote for Deku until there's quite a bit of mounting pressure.

Definitely smelling scum out of Deku, Minish, or karu. Wouldn't be surprised if two of them were.
There was no hesitation on my part. In the middle of day 1 when people started going after Storma I though he was town, then I was busy for the remainder of day 1; so when I came back, the Storma wagon got bigger and he was lynched, turned out to be mafia. In the begging of day 2, my suspicion is towards Doc only, I never went after funnier. The only thing funnier related is him calling me a hypocrite for telling people to post more when I didn't post on day 1. Here is the post:
Nothing that I went over from day stuck out to me, which sucks, but I have somethings I noticed.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Doc being scum. In the first quote he defends Storma, thinking he thought it was the other Storm. I might sound paranoid when I say this, but I'm going to say this either way, I think the scum were using the confusion there was between the two Storms to defend their scum bud Storma. So while the first quote seems as if Doc was defending Storma due to him being a new player, to me it seems like a way for scum to scum without drawing suspicion to themselves. If that makes sense to you guys.

On the second post, Storma makes the comment that funnier and Yiga are scum buddies, which to me makes it seems the opposite is true. So funnier, Yiga, and DekuDeku lean town or at least pro town to me (deku because Storma tried to lynch him).
I don't like how you're going after me and saying things that aren't true, because I don't ever recall going after funnier. Also, you yourself have been very inactive throughout both days, and you're going after me for day 1? I'm keeping my eye on you Go-go.

But I do agree with you on one thing; DekuDeku. But I have to go back a re-read to make solid connections. Till then

Ryuken

So this is what the player ratio looks like at the moment:

6 Town: 2 Mafia: 1 Serial Killer

If we mislynch today, D4 is going to be a Mylo at best or Lylo at worst depending on the Mafia/SK's actions. Let's make sure we get our suspects straightened out.
latest

edgeworth-smirk(a).gif

I spy with my little eye... a contradiction.

Now, as you probably already noticed, whenever a miscommunication or error occurs, I won't hesitate to point it out. The error here is that this statement contradicts karu's posts from Day 2:

town lean: funnier, Yiga, Ryuken
neutral/can't read yet: Alit, Evan, Ayano, Minish, DekuDeku, Sloth_Overlord_666 (whoever replaces him)
scum lean: doc

funnier and Yiga are still very obviously lean towards town.

No other post they have made has ever indicated any other sort of read on funnier6. In fact, the closest to even a NEUTRAL read funnier6 has ever got was from Minish, Ayano, and ALIT.

Now what would prompt you to say what you said? This is the only post I could find that could have been misread:

On the second post, Storma makes the comment that funnier and Yiga are scum buddies, which to me makes it seems the opposite is true. So funnier, Yiga, and DekuDeku lean town or at least pro town to me (deku because Storma tried to lynch him).

Upon skimming through the D2 discussion, this could have been a phrase that stuck in your mind, causing you to believe that was a point from karu instead of Storma. However, I don't say this because I'm defending you, oh no. It's the opposite, because if you're going to do a read on someone after being inactive, you should have plenty of time to process the previous reads and information from other players.
edgeworth-objection.gif

I agree with karu not just because I find these kind of slip-ups suspicious (like with Yigahim, which he still has yet to answer for), but also the fact that you're pursuing a player that most of us read as neutral or town. It's also a player who has provided multiple and reasonable explanations for their inactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom