• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
It was an unusually windy night as funnier6 made his way back to his room after having tended to some business of his own. There was an intense thunderstorm raging outside and he hoped dearly that it wouldn’t keep him awake all night. As it turned out though, sleeping issues were the least of his problems this night. Before funnier6 reached his room he was greeted by a rather intimidating man wearing a peculiar looking helmet.

“Good evening,” he said simply.

“You! Are you the one who’s been killing the teachers and students of this school?” funnier6 asked without returning the greeting.

“Straight to it I see…” the man responded. “Yes, I have been carrying out an operation here over the past few days, and you’re my next targ…”

“Hey, hey hey!” a third individual swooped in and interrupted the helmet wearing man. “This one’s my pray. You’d better back off, old man, or I’ll cut you a new butt hole!” the new guy giggled behind his red mask and then drew two katanas. At the same time the man with the helmet elevated a knife from a nearby table and very quickly they both attacked funnier6, who didn’t have any time to react to both attacks at ones.

“The hell, man!” the man with the red mask exclaimed. “I wanted to kill him all by myself. You ruined my entire night!”

“No matter,” the metal manipulator responded. “What does matter is that this cold guy won’t bother anyone again. He’s dead and thus irrelevant.”

“Cold guy?” the mask wearer asked out loud. “Wait a minute! This wasn’t the one I came here to kill! Holy shark bandanas! This is so weird. Well, I’m off to bed then, you odd honkey. Smell ya later!”

And with that the events of the night came to an end. In the morning the remaining mutants discovered funnier6’s dead body in the hall and decided to continue their hunt.

funnier6 was Iceman, the Roleblocker.

The living (9):
@karu
@DekuNut
@A Link In Time
@Ayano Keiko
@Minish_Link
@YIGAhim
@HylianEVAN
@Ver-go-a-go-go
@Ryuken

The dead (4):
Stormageden747 - Mystique, the Mafia Role Cop (lynched day 1)
Ver-go-a-go-go - Wolverine, the Vigilante (killed night 1)
Doc - Beast, the Doctor (lynched day 2)
funnier6 - Iceman, the Roleblocker (killed night 2)

Day 3 Begins!

With 9 players alive it takes 5 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Tuesday, February 13th 2018 at 11:59 PM CET. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...T2359&p0=293&msg=End+of+Day+3&font=slab&csz=1

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
......This basically sums up my thoughts about what just happened.
latest

ANYWAY, I am fully convinced the Mafia orchestrated- or at the very least played on- the confusion and chaos that ensued the last 2 hours of D2.

Let's recap, focusing on that ensuing chaos. EVAN started posting up a storm and everyone joined in on it. Upon being pressure voted, DekuNut claimed to be a cop and then proceeded to share that Yiga is innocent. funnier6 comes in challenging that claim by saying he shouldn't be able to do that, voting him in the process. If Deku had done an OMGUS here, I would've immediately voted him, but he was careful not to do that. This instead made me suspicious of funnier6 as well since if Deku's claim actually holds, that would mean we have two investigative roles of some sort. Yiga told us he had valuable info and needed to be protected N2, hence why I have come to this conclusion.

However, now that funnier6 is dead and confirmed town, I have to zero in on my other suspect:

Vote: DekuNut

Deku's behavior against EVAN and overall in the last 2 hours of D2 was incredibly suspicious to me. His claim in light of funnier6's words is now under fire now that funnier is confirmed roleblocker. I personally find Deku's claim suspicious because he claimed cop FIRST, then proceeded to "reveal" his info in the next post. Most of us had a town lean on Yiga thanks to his actions D1 against Storma, so that would be the safest bet at convincing us not to vote him for the time being.

He also stayed his vote on Doc, unwavering in the midst of all the voting chaos. I say he's the top candidate for today's lynch in light of these facts.

@YIGAhim you're still alive, so I think it's time to hear that sweet info once you got the chance.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
I agree how Deku kept on telling my mistakes which he did like more than 3 times plus ITS ONLY ME... I’ve got it,
Sense I’m making all these mistakes (which is not on purpose) he always points them out and I realize that but im not the only one who could have done 1 mistake.

Plus he said he’s gonna go hard on me tomorrow but then he just votes me like a min later after he already voted someone else.

I feel it in my guts something is wrong with the way he’s been acting so I’m gnna still put my vote in the same place.

Vote. DekuNut

Deku claims he investigated Yiga, proving Yiga is town. Very convenient, as Yiga's has been our strongest town read for the entire game. It's not a risky thing to say at all.

Funnier says that's not possible, because he blocked Deku. This means Deku is lying about being the cop. I'm confused why funnier didn't take this fact further.

Where's the counterclaim? That's a good question, because our doctor was alive yesterday, and that would've been the perfect time to nail a fakeclaim. We're sure as hell not getting a counterclaim from the real doctor now. I think our real cop, if it isn't Deku through role shenanigans, is either not active enough to realize what's going on, or just doesn't know what to do in this situation. Both are very possible from what I've read in this game from our various players.

I've just finished carefully analyzing player relationships throughout this whole game up to this point and there's definitely some disturbing connections and common threads with actions and votes. Surprisingly, what I found to be most interesting wasn't really about Deku and Storm, although that's what needs to be addressed first due to what happened late yesterday.

I think Deku is a solid lynch candidate today. Although if he's the cop, I'd love to hear his results from last night

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Also, allow me to draw your attention to this:
“Hey, hey hey!” a third individual swooped in and interrupted the helmet wearing man. “This one’s my pray. You’d better back off, old man, or I’ll cut you a new butt hole!” the new guy giggled behind his red mask and then drew two katanas. At the same time the man with the helmet elevated a knife from a nearby table and very quickly they both attacked funnier6, who didn’t have any time to react to both attacks at ones.
Besides all the fluff, it appears we may in fact have a serial killer on our hands, which basically means we have found our independent role for this game. And that means we just have to be wary of one person:
Also, I believe it was Ayano who was giving me such town vibes, not Doc. It’s mostly a gut read cause I don’t feel like rereading his posts to see exactly what it was but I probably should since the last time I felt he was this towny he was SK.
Keiko's giving me a bit of the same vibes he did when he was SK in Anime Mafia. But I'm really unsure about him in general in most games.
I don't think it would be any other role due to how the fluff was written. Feel free to give your thoughts about that, and about my previous post.

@Ryuken So I'm assuming the figure referred to there is Dead Pool as a possible third party. I was thinking you or HylianEvan might be the third party with how obsessed both of you were in discussing it earlier, which is something anyone who's not third party wouldn't know about.

That said, I want to hear an answer about why Ayano might be third party first.

funnier is dead, so we can't get an answer from him, but @Minish_Link, why were you getting third party vibes from Ayano?

Regardless, I'm not sure we should be focusing on third party right now with most likely two scum left in a game of this size. I was an SK in one of Pendio's past games, and both town and I won by me town siding. So if we have an SK here, they should be our last priority.

Right now, I want to hear from Deku to see if he got any results. It was a good point you and Vergo brought up about YIGA being an easy check after Day 1, and Deku shouldn't have gotten a result on Night 1 given funnier's role if Deku's claim is true.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Why is the fact that I was SK in Anime mafia something people are using to claim I am SK in this game? It's 2 completely different games with completely different roles. I really don't understand it. Also, Anime mafia was my first game in 2 years. I am still a little rusty lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom