• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
Okay, I promised a reads list, so here ya go.
  • karu- I've already slightly mentioned why I'm town reading karu. Funnier quoted that post and mentioned that he doesn't exactly feel the same because he hasn't seen karu as scum, so he's hesitant to town read her when he's not used to her being around this much. I do get where he's coming from, but there are a few reasons I'm leaning town for her. I can't recall if she ever has been scum before, but it does seem like in most games when she's town, she's killed rather early and doesn't get the chance to really show her skills/thought processes. I think she's been showing a lot of critical thinking this day, and like that she's looking for connections and really scum hunting. Since she's not experienced as scum, I would expect her to be less confident and more hesitant about calling people out as much as she has if she were mafia this time. I really liked how she came into day 2 pointing out a possible connection after Storm's flip. Even if I don't exactly agree with that assessment, it showed some analytical thinking.
  • Yigahim- Yiga is a pretty obvious town read at this point. He's stepped up his game play a little bit more this time, which is helpful. I just don't see his interactions and vote of Storm day 1 to be bussing. While I think that his later posts after that have been a bit CWAC, he doesn't look to be his typical scum self.
  • funnier- I've got a little less confidence in my town read of funnier. It's more of a slight town lean. But that's because with how often he's been scum, I'm always a bit cautious with my read of him. However, he's usually kinda easy to read alignment wise, and I'm not getting his scum vibes from him this game. I think he's been looking at a lot of different places trying to suss out scum, which is always a good thing for town. I also don't think he would've pushed Storm to role claim if they were scum together, without making sure Storm had a good fake role to claim. So he probably is more of a town read for that alone, but I always gotta have some doubt with him. :P
  • Tristan- I think it's pretty obvious why Tristan is a neutral read. Hasn't posted much and is seeking a replacement. Don't have much to say about him.
  • Ryuken- He's neutral mainly for the fact that he has an odd posting style, and is a new player. So it is a little hard for me to get a good read on him yet. However, I will say that I do like how active he has been, but I'll have to see a bit more before I can be more sure about my read of him. He was also the only other counter wagon on day 1, so it seems unlikely there would be two scum wagons then.
  • HylianEvan- He's neutral for much of the same reasons Ryuken is. He's new and has a bit of an odd posting style. Has seemed a little defensive at points, but that isn't really AI. I'd like him to post a bit more of his thoughts more often, rather than CWAC-y type posts. But other than that, I'll also have to see a little more from him to get a better read.
  • DekuNut- Got a slight scum lean for Deku. I've said before that I have trouble reading him and usually find him scummy no matter what his alignment is. He hasn't really been active much this day phase, so I'd like to see more from him. But for day 1, he was the only vote on a counter wagon to Storm, which doesn't look great after his flip. Could be scum hoping to save a scumbud by getting others to join him on a different vote. He also just jokingly reacted to funnier and Storm trying to put pressure on him. So it could be that he knew his scumbud Storm would back off if he started to get some serious votes and didn't really feel threatened at the time.
  • Doc- I've already mentioned why I find Doc scummy, but I'll reiterate it here I guess for convenience. He seemed to be defensive of Storm and suspicious of Yiga day 1 and with Storm's flip and Yiga's easy town read now, that looks pretty bad. His place on the Storm wagon is also not too great. He was the third vote after having defended him earlier in the day, so he could've been bussing when it was obvious that Storm was going to be the lynch. He also isn't fighting the suspicion on him much, which could be scum backed into a corner without much to defend themselves.
  • A Link In Time- Like Deku, ALIT is one of the people I have trouble reading and always find scummy. So of course it's no different this time, when his opinions have seemed a little wishy-washy and show some hesitation. He's also one of the votes that look like they could be bussing on the Storm wagon. At the beginning of day 2 he made a post stating that Ryuken could be scum but it seemed unlikely, which funnier quoted asking the relevance of that thought and I have to agree with funnier here. It seemed like he was just throwing out some random stuff that didn't really mean much. Especially considering after that he made a post saying it seemed likely that Ryuken was town because he was the counterwagon. So stating that someone who looks town could potentially be scum for no reason looks pretty odd.
  • Ayano Keiko- I mentioned him slightly in another post, about how I'm getting similar vibes from him as his play in Anime Mafia. And funnier seemed to agree with me on that. Not sure why we're both thinking that, when he was SK that game and we have no evidence of an SK this game, but I'm thinking it could just be a general scum playstyle. I haven't played a ton of games with Keiko, so I'm not too great at reading him yet. But with his place on the Storm wagon, and his posts that seem less like scum hunting and more like covering his bases when it comes to giving his thoughts, I've got a scum lean on him.

I'm torn between these last 4 on who to vote. My vote will go towards one of them, but I don't want to place it right this minute. I'd like a little bit of insight from others after this post. Because seeing as half of them I have trouble reading usually and typically get scum vibes from them, I want to see what everyone else thinks of my thoughts. My admitted lack of motivation for this game and my trouble reading them, makes me want some second opinions to see if my reasoning makes sense to others.
Well I do wanna post more it’s just,
If I say something wrong then people will think I’m the mafia so I’m not gonna talk a lot but I’ll do my best

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Ayano Keiko did seem a bit reluctant D1 to vote Storma right away, saying all they had was a "gut feeling." I'm still waiting on their thoughts about D2 so far, but I agree with your reasoning.

Just to explain that. I was reluctant to vote storm just on the off chance they were town. I was still going to vote on them anyways I was just hoping later posts will give me more information. The role cop claim just convinced me that they were in no way town.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
@Doc I feel that HylianEvan is a bad lynch for today as he gives us almost no information. Ryuken is trending up for me for his in depth posts and the back and forth I had with him earlier. That leaves karu who I haven't been able to read yet.

I understand your feelings towards my actions around the Storm wagon because that's how I feel towards you. It seemed like you were hesitant to endorse it, but then hopped on when it gained steam.
What iformation do you want from me?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Well I do wanna post more it’s just,
If I say something wrong then people will think I’m the mafia so I’m not gonna talk a lot but I’ll do my best
This is a double edged sword because if you don't post a lot people will think you are trying to lurk in the shadows and avoid attention making them also think you are scum.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I think you may be selling me a bit short. I played pretty dang cruddy before this, and if you think this step up is only small, I disagree.

We need a lynch, and I say we all vote Ryuken.

Think about this:

- We are all torn and he hasn't gotten a town lean from any of us (I'm pretty sure). Keep this in mind over the next points

- If we lynch Ryuken and there is a scum flip, we know that Evan is the last mafia and we win. We get no such information from a doc lynch.

- If we lynch Ryuken and he flips town, we have Doc for the next day.

The last thing we want is a no-lynch. Ryuken's lynch will get us the most information.
latest

Okay, hold up, hold up. If you're going to strerch the truth like that and ignore the posts that have been said up to this point, that's just being scummy.

I can name two people here that are definitely on my side: karu and funnier6, and their reasons for doing so are justifiable, even if they aren't quite sure of my playstyle.

That is under the assumption that EVAN and I are conspiring togerher, which- as should have been implied by my question earlier in the day- I didn't know was possible during the daytime. I was wary of an independent role being Jester because you brought up the possibility in the first place, and I still have no knowledge of Pendio's player ratios.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I think you may be selling me a bit short. I played pretty dang cruddy before this, and if you think this step up is only small, I disagree.

Think about this:

- We are all torn and he hasn't gotten a town lean from any of us (I'm pretty sure). Keep this in mind over the next points

- If we lynch Ryuken and there is a scum flip, we know that Evan is the last mafia and we win. We get no such information from a doc lynch.

The last thing we want is a no-lynch. Ryuken's lynch will get us the most information.
Now that you mentioned that I am kind of agreeing with you. Deku and doc won't really give us any info but Ryu will.

I will keep my vote though. I am pretty convinced on Deku and hopefully he will post something before the day ends?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman

Think about this:

Could you elaborate on why a Ryuken lynch will give us the most information? Most people have given him a neutral read or slight town lean. I know me and ALiT certainly said he was looking good in our eyes, and I'm pretty sure there were a few others who said the same.

funnier6

Courage~
latest

Okay, hold up, hold up. If you're going to strerch the truth like that and ignore the posts that have been said up to this point, that's just being scummy.

I can name two people here that are definitely on my side: karu and funnier6, and their reasons for doing so are justifiable, even if they aren't quite sure of my playstyle.

That is under the assumption that EVAN and I are conspiring togerher, which- as should have been implied by my question earlier in the day- I didn't know was possible during the daytime. I was wary of an independent role being Jester because you brought up the possibility in the first place, and I still have no knowledge of Pendio's player ratios.
This isn’t a game of allies you know, just because I think you’re town doesn’t mean I think you’re right or that everyone else does, basically saying people town reading you is justified isn’t going to get you anywhere.

Player ratios you mean town to scum? In a game like this I would expect three mafia one independent and the rest town.
Work is going to be the end of me. I will agree that I am looking pretty scummy right now because I am being very inactive. I just need to stop being lazy and making up excuses. I apologize. For the sake of the town, I don't feel like lynching me would give you guys much information. Deku, Ryu, and Doc will probably be the safest lynches in my opinion.

Karu - Pretty much a neutral read for me. Nothing really stands out to me in their posts and I have never really played with them to know how they play. Pretty unsure about them.

Deku - I don't like the way Deku is playing. He has so much pressure on him since the start of the day and I know he said he was busy this week but there's still nothing from him. No defending himself no giving thoughts on anything. Just nothing from him. This normally would be an impossible read and I would ask them to be more active but with the things people pointed out from day one he does seem a bit on Storm's side. It does seem far-fetched but he is the most likely to be scum in my opinion.

Doc - People have already pointed out how Doc seemed very flip-floppy during day one and how he really hasn't done much to defend himself. Not much new for me to say here. He's my second lynch option.

Funnier - He is playing the exact same way he always does. This usually makes people impossible to read but I always trust him for some reason. Probably will lead to my downfall some day but I am going with Town on him. I like the way he has been posting and how active he is being like usual.

ALIT - Same with funnier. I like the way he is posting and how active he's being. He was late on the Storm wagon but his reasoning on his vote seemed pretty legit (Probably because I had the same reasoning as he did with realizing role cop was a mafia role). I am going town lean on him though. Not full town read since he's a very experienced and clever player.

Minish - Hard to read. On the borderline of active and inactive. I like the way they are posting though and like the effort they put in their thoughts and analysis. Nothing stands out to me from them. I am gonna go town lean on this one.

Yiga - His interactions with Storm pretty much solidified him as a town read for most people. He's playing pretty smart this game though. I am going to go with everyone else here and say he's Town but I am still gonna let my paranoia get the best of me and keep an eye on him. He may be getting outside help and his interactions with Storm may have been planned like Mez and Zachie in Anime mafia. (This in confusing I am saying he's obviously town but I am paranoid by nature and think we should keep an eye on him just in case. People turning up as an obvious town read is rare unless they are actually scum.

Evan - Pretty noob mafia play. Normally I would say just lynch him but his death won't really get us anywhere.

Vergo - Replacing Tristian who never posted so idk :shrugs:

Ryu - I like how active he is. I just really don't like the way he is posting. Something just seems really off with the way he's posting. Gut feeling but something tells me he's scum. I have nothing to base that off of so my vote has to go to someone else.

Vote: Deku

Until he defends himself or says anything in general I think hes the most likely to flip scum
So if he says something he’s town but if he doesn’t he’s scum hm?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
So if he says something he’s town but if he doesn’t he’s scum hm?

I don't know where you are getting this from. I town read you, was leaning but not confident on alit, and scum read Ryu. All of the players I pointed out were very active. I am never really neutral with the active players.

funnier6

Courage~
I don't know where you are getting this from. I town read you, was leaning but not confident on alit, and scum read Ryu. All of the players I pointed out were very active. I am never really neutral with the active players.
Vote: Deku

Until he defends himself or says anything in general I think hes the most likely to flip scum
Right here.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Right here.

And if you read my list you would have seen this.

Deku - I don't like the way Deku is playing. He has so much pressure on him since the start of the day and I know he said he was busy this week but there's still nothing from him. No defending himself no giving thoughts on anything. Just nothing from him. This normally would be an impossible read and I would ask them to be more active but with the things people pointed out from day one he does seem a bit on Storm's side. It does seem far-fetched but he is the most likely to be scum in my opinion.

I find it odd that he has heat on him and hasn't said anything about it. Hence why I am voting on him. Unless he says something to convince me otherwise then my vote stays on him since I am the most confident about him. I feel like a Ryu lynch could give us more information but he has more of a risk of flipping town than Deku does imo

karu

Panamaniac
latest

I'm not saying anything by this but I want to know how you think he's stretching the truth? If anything, Yiga kinda has a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom