• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WWHD an Update That Warrants a Purchase?

Wind Waker HD has been announced for release for the WiiU in the fall of 2013. To the Zelda fanbase who have not experienced WW the purchase is a no brainer, but what about those of us who played it on the Gamecube?

As a fanbase we have had OoT3D and most of us want MM3D. OoT3D was snapped up by nearly everyone who had a 3DS, even those who had played OoT before were psyched to play it again, but WWHD is a different matter, its a full update of a whole home console game for the wiiU, which will make it the WiiU's first Zelda game and perhaps an introduction into how the gamepad is going to operate for ZeldaU, but is it worth the purchase if you have played it before? would you rather wait for ZeldaU to show you how the gamepad can be truly used without Wind Waker spoiling any kind of surprise ZeldaU may have?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Perosonally speaking, the sooner I get a Zelda--no matter what it may be bar SS--the better. WWHD will be well worth the purchase for me, even though it's on the easier side of things. I like that you mentioned the Gamepad; I'm very interested into the hows and whys NIntendo will be using the Gamepad with Zelda (assuming they do), and if TWW is any indication...then YES, it will definitley be worth the purchase so I can gauge what NIntendo was doing wrong and where.

Kirino

Tatakae
I will play WW HD, and I will enjoy it. The majorly improved graphics and gamepad usage alone warrant a purchase. It'll be even better if they add extra content, which they probably will. Also, I can't play WW anymore unless I get a classic/gamecube controller, since the only one I had is broken. Either way, WW HD looks fabulous, so I'm definitely getting it.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Improved combat, much less/better sailing, and remove/replace the Triforce quest. Otherwise Nintendo can kiss my $60 goodbye.

I can't see them making too many changes at this point. I mean they can increase difficulty and decrease the sail time but I don't think they can do anything else without drastically altering the game too much. Maybe change the triforce quest a bit like how the water temple was refined.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Never

Playing this game would just make me long for the old one, and it would only cost me sixty bucks. Just keep your old copy and try to track down an old game you don't have. I'm still looking for a decently priced copy of The Minish Cap if anyone's got one.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
...Actually, I guess I could buy it if they offer a lower price...but I doubt they will. For...$30, yeah, I guess I might give it a go.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I don't care for how they re did the graphics... Makes everything look like plastic.
That is the only thing holding me back at this point.
If it looked the same it does on dolphin I'd be sold.

I love TWW, but I just don't like how plastic-y this game looks.
(I usually don't care about graphics when buying games, but this isn't TWWHD I was looking for)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Already own the console and am willing to shell out the money. Generally pick up all the Zelda games to be released. Is it a system seller? Certainly not, but in the future, when there's numerous other titles for the console that add up to have it worth buying, this'll be one definitely worth purchasing.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I already own the console so I will be willing to pay the $80 to get the game. It will be nice to play it in HD (....I haven't actually played past the 1st dungeon anyway on my other copy).

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Warrants a purchase of the game? Are you kidding me? This warrants a purchase of a Wii U! Before I heard about this, I didn't plan on getting a Wii U until the new Zelda was released. But now, things have changed. After seeing the screenshots, I'm extremely psyched to get my hands on Wind Waker HD. I've played the GameCube version and adored it, and even though I still have my copy, I still intended to purchase Wind Waker HD. It's definitely worth it, in my opinion. I'm not even that interested in seeing how a Zelda game is handled with the Wii U. I just want it because it's The Wind Waker.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Absolutely 100%

I was really surprised that Nintendo announced this....I thought TWW was never going to be touched again and due to the fact that its getting hard and more expensive to own TWW a lot of people may not get to experience it again, the fact that Nintendo have done this really makes me happy and it will certainly make the wait for Zelda Wii U less painful :)

I also can't wait to see all the amazing scenes, bosses and the ocean in HD, I would also like to see what Nintendo could maybe add to the game like they did with OoT 3D and the fact that it's going to be utilize the Gamepad will give the game a whole new element of gameplay! So yes I would definitely say that TWW HD deserves tour money and hell if you don't own a Wii U this goves a damn good reason to own one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom