• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW Rope Jumping

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thedarkknight3

I'm stuck at the part where you have to play the game in the pirate ship, and you have to jump from rope to rope.. Is it possible to move the way your swinging, or is my controller just messed up?

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
There is, but in order to change the direction you need to stop swinging entirely then move your analog stick left and right. Remember, hold down the button to slow down, otherwise you'll start swinging again.

There is actually... if you hold down the right bumper button link should stop swinging, now you can control how high he is or which direction he's facing with the analog stick. The timer shouldn't be a problem, they give you enough time.

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
All the above statements are correct, but I would suggest that instead of aiming for the rope when you jump, aim for the next platform. Just make sure there is a rope in front of you and don't focus on going straight for the ropes.

this used to give me trouble but yes holding R helps you orient your direction. Also the easiest way to get from platform (or rope) to the next is to tap A as soon as you jump...that way you don't swing past the platform

Zelda_Duh

Hyrule's Princess
What i did was just stop swinging and turn to the next rope, Sometimes i would go to another platform and wait for the rope and then jump on it. I've always hated that part, so i've tried to find ways to do it faster. Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom